• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seven of the Hottest Collector Cars under 25k

Ranked only 7th.

"7. 1991-92 Acura NSX: Early NSXs have never been cheap per se — we struggle to recall too many ever selling for much under $20,000. These are supercars that you can live with. Honda quality and execution are everywhere (including the interior which detractors compare to a nice Accord). Only the car’s voracious appetite for rear tires detracts from the ownership experience. Rare Alex Zenardi special edition NSXs are destined to break the $100,000 mark in the near future, and they’ll likely pull up the earlier cars. The last decent $25,000 NSXs will likely be sold sometime in the third quarter of 2014. "

Last edited:
Considering that the aforementioned cars on the list would be very difficult to argue against and considering that Japanese cars get no love from the collector community, I think the NSX placed in an admirable position.

"…voracious appetite for rear tires." Sounds like someone who knows the collector market but not the NSX as well.

They will only go up...get yours while you can.

The bottom is behind us!

"…voracious appetite for rear tires." Sounds like someone who knows the collector market but not the NSX as well.

I am sure they said that based on the data when the first ones came out in 1991. The super soft Yokohama combined with the aggressive alignment settings from the factory had tires in the trash very quickly...like 5,000 miles quickly.

Good luck finding one for under $25,000....

I looked high and low for two years for a no issues clean 91-94 for $25-30k.

I got lucky when one popped up on Craigslist(bone stock 92 original owner with no stories, issues)...luckily I was the first responder and went to check it out the next day...

I have seen salvage titles asking $23k and clean no issues 91-92s asking for $40,000 +

Sure you can find them for under $25k, but you will get a beater or salvage title ...

Like I said, good luck.

I am sure they said that based on the data when the first ones came out in 1991. The super soft Yokohama combined with the aggressive alignment settings from the factory had tires in the trash very quickly...like 5,000 miles quickly.

Oh, I'm familar. Those owners rec'd revised alignments and tire coupons.

If someone is that conscious of tire wear, the article should have stated that alignment settings could be changed to be less consumable.

Good luck finding one for under $25,000....

I looked high and low for two years for a no issues clean 91-94 for $25-30k.

I got lucky when one popped up on Craigslist(bone stock 92 original owner with no stories, issues)...luckily I was the first responder and went to check it out the next day...

I have seen salvage titles asking $23k and clean no issues 91-92s asking for $40,000 +

Sure you can find them for under $25k, but you will get a beater or salvage title ...

Like I said, good luck.

Comments like this make me understand how much of a steal I got mine for just 3 months ago. Mint two owner 58k mile bone stock 91 red 5MT for $24.8k :eek:

Back