• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SF Concours

Anyone going to this? I just heard about it and ordered a ticket.

http://www.sfconcours.com

A bit pricey, but it might be fun and does include a fashion show. Apparently parking is another $10, and the ticket fee $6, so total is $66.

Chip

Did you go Chip?

Yes. It was good, but not great. A mix of older cars, sports cars, and a few unusual cars. The one car I saw which I had not seen before was the Bentley Continental Zagato version. The interior was beautiful (complete with a Z pattern on the seats), but I wasn't big on the exterior (especially the giant mesh grilles and the gun-turret-sized rear window).

I also got to take a longer look at the Ferrari California than I had been able to in the past. Not a pretty car. There was a 250GT California Spyder near it to show what a Ferrari California should look like.

Maserati had the Quattroporte there, and people could sit it in and check it out. This one had the executive package which included fold-down trays in the rear (like on a plane). I sat down and opened the tray, and then found myself pinned beneath it, unable to figure out how to get it closed again or get out of the car. I felt like James Bond when his arms and legs were pinned under a board in an airplane that was going down in 'You Only Live Twice'.

After trying everything I could to close it, I finally opened the one on the other rear seat so I could see underneath it, which let me figure out how to get mine closed. Love those Italian ergonomics!

No NSX's or other Japanese cars, except Lexus showing the GS Hybrid out in the public area (and cars in the parking lot).

The fashion show was interesting, but we aren't talking supermodels, or even Vogue models, and they were showing fashions from the fashion-capital of the U.S., Vallejo. :)

I did pick up a couple of great shirts, including one which says "Still plays with cars".

Overall, I was glad I went, but am not sure if I will return next year. I heard there is also a Concours in Marin coming May 16th, which at least this year was way less expensive ($15 with free parking vs. $50 + $6 ticket fee + $10 parking for S.F.) that I may check out.

Chip

Last edited:
Yes, I go every year, and do enjoy that fashion show, including the light Italian music. But those models are like watching the AARP fashion show! :)

Back