• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SGV Tire Shop Recommendations

I know where not to go. Stay away from Discount Tire Center and that jerkoff Vic who owes me several hundred bucks.

Whenever getting tires mounted, you'll want to take some good close up pics of the wheels ahead of time. I like America's Tire because they always give me the best deal but on my other car where I run 25 series tires, I go to some shops down in OC.

Well, for my other cars I've got to Big O Tires in Glendora. They're really good with both my cars I used to have (300zx Turbo and S2k). This is in the case of mounting new wheels and tires to the car.

If you are willing to drive to North O.C. in Placentia check on tire $$ and install from Eric...contact info @ www.Supremepowerparts.com

Tell him Jeff w/ the NSX sent you:smile:

Hey, isn't that Bradley's car? :D

bradleye92.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109439&p=1047829

OK. Back to regular programming. :D

Hey, isn't that Bradley's car? :D

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109439&p=1047829

OK. Back to regular programming. :D

Good catch. :) That came from the photoshoot for the KW ad.

Funny thing is I'm planning to go there this weekend. Eric just recently had surgery but I can recommend his shop, that's exactly the shop I was referring to when I mentioned the shops in OC in my original post. Hubert and Eric are stand up guys. Not many places can put a 25 series rubber band on a wheel without damaging it. There is another good shop with a better machine, I'm not sure how much work they do for regular customers but it's Wheel Power in Huntington Beach. Supposedly, they have the best of the best machines capable of mounting tires used on exotics. They also host some pretty sick meets.

There is another good shop with a better machine, I'm not sure how much work they do for regular customers but it's Wheel Power in Huntington Beach. Supposedly, they have the best of the best machines capable of mounting tires used on exotics. They also host some pretty sick meets.

On Gothard? Coincidentally, I was there at the last M-Fest with another Prime member (he brought his 540iT). :)

Check out www.tirecentral.net
Best prices I've seen around installed

PM me if you want me to help you check on prices. The owner and manager Don and David are awesome to deal with. They can do up to 26inch wheelS so they have a lot of experience.

they are on like walnut grove and las tunas

In SGV, I go to Mazz Autosports. They are on Las Tunas Blvd (in between Alhambra & San Gabriel). You'll have to 411 their #. Talk to Kanto.

They are inexpensive and are good for this kind of simple stuff. Tell him to take special care of your rims :biggrin:. Also tell him the dude with the NSX & Chevelle sent you. I normally pay $10-15/tire mounted and balanced but I think he charges closer to $20/tire.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I normally go to tire shops around where I live, but I don't trust them with my NSX. The last shop I went to I ended up watching the guy like a hawk. Not a fun experience.

Tire Central in San Gabriel
626-698-1182
The guy's name is Donald... I see a red NSX there all the time so I'm assuming someone that works there owns one. It's on Walnut Groove in between Broadway and Mission. I don't have the address but I'm sure you can find it on yahoo maps. I've taken my S2000 to him once and I've recommended all my friends there.GL

Last edited:
I haven't change tires for my NSX yet. However, I used to go to Tuckers in Covina for my other cars. They are cheap and they can do the work fast.

Last edited:
Tire Central in San Gabriel
626-698-1182
The guy's name is Donald... I see a red NSX there all the time so I'm assuming someone that works there owns one. It's on Walnut Groove in between Broadway and Mission. I don't have the address but I'm sure you can find it on yahoo maps. I've taken my S2000 to him once and I've recommended all my friends there.GL

I'm the third to agree...went there last week, good service...plus plenty of mags to read. They don't car if you stand in the shop and watch them work.

If you want to stay local to HH area. Vision Autosport was very helpful when mounting tires on my Mercedes

Corner of Hacienda and Gale next to the donut shop.

+1 for tire central. happy customer here

I need to get some tires soon and am considering 'tire central' However, I read some mix reviews about them online. Some mentioned about scratched wheels, broken lug nuts and waiting for a long time.

Do they have the latest machines for mounting and balancing? Is this a small shop with one installer and if the employees are careful?

Thanks...

Back