• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shark Bite: Picked up a red 91 NSX

They have some issues now with age that have cropped up but a good sorted 02+ car can easily get 660-700hp if you want that sort of thing;)

Agreed but dollar for dollar I think they are the best used sports car for under $50k. By the way, thanks for helping me with my Turbo. It was a bad MAF.

So when are we trading NSX parts for an X73 suspension? Got plenty of goodies leftover from my old one :) Got a nice 02 mini spoiler in CF, Seibon CF front lip? Zanardi mats galore and all the memorabilia to make your head spin!

Crazy on Hp. Sounds way too fast for my old fat A.. haha
Nah you'd have fun! 997gt2's were a great bargain a few months ago... Might be fun for you,
Agreed but dollar for dollar I think they are the best used sports car for under $50k. By the way, thanks for helping me with my Turbo. It was a bad MAF.

So when are we trading NSX parts for an X73 suspension? Got plenty of goodies leftover from my old one :) Got a nice 02 mini spoiler in CF, Seibon CF front lip? Zanardi mats galore and all the memorabilia to make your head spin!
I agree I mean what else can do the things that platform and car is cable of for the money... Amazing really and scary to think that they can be had in the 30s! I enjoyed both of mine for many years. Glad to help any time too.

what goodies do you have... For real let me know haha... Rather than x73s I really always prefer the pss10s. Send me what you got and what you might want lol:)

- - - Updated - - -

Finished doing the prospeed Rdx injector upgrade and although I've not been able to drive her yet (stuck in the back of the shop behind some broken 911s lol) the thing just starts up so much cleaner/faster. Can't wait to try out Marks tune but I can tell it revs quicker etc...

Also shout out to s4play... Sometimes it's the little things but just put in his interior LED light kit and it really does modernize the interior. Those tired old battery hogging yellows gotta go lol! Didn't even realize there was one by my feet on the drivers side. Either way these things are much brighter. I tinker around in the car a lot working in stuff so it's nice to be able to see and not have to worry about disconnecting the battery anymore.

Love your white na2 and s2k collection btw!

So glad I finally got around to doing this... Seriously can't say enough good things about this modification. Front the start up, the driveability, improved response and yes butt-proven torque/power. It feels smoother across the rpm range too. The additional power is there too. Really glad that Brian/Prospeed took the time to do this kit. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

Well with a bit of this work I went on a really amazing norcal (twisty/mendocino) deserted road drive. Was delivering a GT3 with a friend and I was following in the NSX. Wouldn't you know it I've totally bonded with this thing... No joke the driver buddy in front of me is always 1 second or so faster than me in any given track (go-kart to video game lol!) could not exactly walk away from my ol antique. Mother honda did good and it's too bad there aren't more proper mid-engine cars that can do what the nsx can with such aplomb. So many people have been asking me why etc... they just haven't driven or owned one and don't get it till they drive it (I know I didn't). I know I will always have a GT3 of sorts (had 7 so far) likewise my NSX (or another one) will always stay with me. It's the first car the wife has said, "You can't sell this..." after driving it.

Pardon the crappy iphone pix:

no traffic for miles... and miles... and miles..
redwood_s.jpg

Stop for a pee:
883261_10200799986951718_1354614303_o.jpg

8 hour drive:
483694_10151459384863632_1401405616_n.jpg

back at hq:
166703_10151462454193632_726782433_n.jpg

Attachments

• redwood_s.jpg
    redwood_s.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 35
  • nsx).jpg
    nsx).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 166703_10151462454193632_726782433_n.jpg
    166703_10151462454193632_726782433_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
997gt2's were a great bargain a few months ago...

Hi A,
Can you please elaborate on a price range that the 997 GT2's were at a few months ago? Did they recently go up in value from a few months ago?
I've been doing some searches, and can't find any currently listed on eBay or AutoTrader.
I'd be very curious about where they priced now. I know they are over $200k brand new.

Well with a bit of this work I went on a really amazing norcal (twisty/mendocino) deserted road drive.

Mind sharing the exact route? I took Hwy 1 up to Sea Ranch last week in the NSX and it was lovely, but suspect there are even more great roads waiting to be discovered slightly further north/inland...

Wht year is your S2K?
That's my co-worker's AP1 2001.
Hi A,
Can you please elaborate on a price range that the 997 GT2's were at a few months ago? Did they recently go up in value from a few months ago?
I've been doing some searches, and can't find any currently listed on eBay or AutoTrader.
I'd be very curious about where they priced now. I know they are over $200k brand new.
hey yawwn they dipped down to around 100-110 middle of last year but now have gone back up:( They're a great car though.... I'll keep an eye out.

Mind sharing the exact route? I took Hwy 1 up to Sea Ranch last week in the NSX and it was lovely, but suspect there are even more great roads waiting to be discovered slightly further north/inland...
It's a bit like a surf spot;) I was lucky enough to be told so I can't really say but what I can say is just go head up north on 1 towards Fort Bragg and take any right turn (left goes to the Ocean lol) and enjoy:)

It's a bit like a surf spot;) I was lucky enough to be told so I can't really say but what I can say is just go head up north on 1 towards Fort Bragg and take any right turn (left goes to the Ocean lol) and enjoy:)

Ok maybe you can share in person... I'll come along next time my buddy drops off his GT3 and inquire :p

- - - Updated - - -

Did Skaggs-Springs Rd the other week and it was delightful.

Big thanks to Mark @ Dali for supplying the type-r hood, radiator ducting and RJ's Paint Shop (for color matching/paint). Fitment was great!

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%205.JPG

Here's the radiator duct. Fit well... just had to remove the ABS protection bracket and then relocate one of the fuse panels. I made a bracket for the passenger side to hook up to it also:
photo.JPG

Very nice alex. What's your thought on 2010 GT3 and "CL" issues? I came across 2010 white w/9k miles and walked away b/c of this CL recall. Could hv bought the car for $88k

Very nice alex. What's your thought on 2010 GT3 and "CL" issues? I came across 2010 white w/9k miles and walked away b/c of this CL recall. Could hv bought the car for $88k
Thanks man and the gt3s are going up in value (no joke) since the new one is PDK only... CL issue isn't really that much of an issue. Mostly user/install error although it's much easier to deal with 5 lug every time. 88 was/is a great price.

Awesome work Alex.

Back