• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shark Bite: Picked up a red 91 NSX

Been a busy summer with work but been daily driving her although had a few more changes made. As much as I've always liked the original black roof thing it was not something that could be buffed out anymore after 21 years of California sun so I decided to get it done red and then have a full detail/paint correction as well. Still trying to find the JDM tail lights... not sure I like the LED ones I have now.

Out with those lights...
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_11.JPG

nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights.JPG

The LED ones installed and Bob from Autoconceirge (the guys is a perfectionist) doing his magic. I know I've seen a few NSX's in there over the years so some of you guys probably already use/know of him at www.justwaxed.net:
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_04.JPG

You can't tell just how good the paint is after his magic but it pops:
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_07.JPG

nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_09.JPG

He spends days on this one...
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_13.JPG

There's more to it when doing "just" the roof. The trim pieces need to be replaced too:
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_14.JPG

If you're in the Bay Area and are looking for a very, very good paint shop I can highly recommend Tommy over at RJ's Paint Shop in Pleasanton as they've owned many exotics and Tommy's had an NSX as well and knows the car, how to get replacement parts and all that stuff really well.
nsx_more_stuff_paint_lights_15.JPG

If you're in the Bay Area and are looking for a very, very good paint shop I can highly recommend Tommy over at RJ's Paint Shop in Pleasanton as they've owned many exotics and Tommy's had an NSX as well and knows the car, how to get replacement parts and all that stuff really well.

Too bad you didn't chime in on bngl3rt's thread sooner. I believe his car is in another local body shop right now.

Got a few more goodies from Mark@DaliRacing including rear chassis brace, Type R wing rep, beefier sway bar, Toyo R888s and threw in the DC5-R honda steering wheel. No more acura logos anywhere:)
nsx_updates_more_06.JPG

nsx_updates_more_04.JPG

Got a few more goodies from Mark@DaliRacing including rear chassis brace, Type R wing rep, beefier sway bar, Toyo R888s and threw in the DC5-R honda steering wheel. No more acura logos anywhere:)

Hey Its' been a while since you posted. Looking good. BTW - did you switch out the tape deck thingy that has the Acura logo on it?

And where did you get that steering wheel?

Hey Its' been a while since you posted. Looking good. BTW - did you switch out the tape deck thingy that has the Acura logo on it?

And where did you get that steering wheel?
Haha darnit I spoke to soon, you're right about the darned acura logo on the fascia! I'm guessing there's a JDM tape deck that one can by for a gazillion:) I'll have to get that off! I got the DC5-R wheel and airbag from a primer and it's working well right now. Had to nuke the cruise control- just didn't have time to mess about with it for now and didn't seem right putting it there or having buttons. Had to sort of destroy a factory wheel to make it work right but it's getting there:)

I love the DC5 steering wheel! Way nicer than OEM!

I love the DC5 steering wheel! Way nicer than OEM!
Thanks man who needs cruise control:)?
Very nice!

How much larger/smaller is the DC5 wheel compared to OEM? It looks larger...
Actually side by side they're almost the same. In fact the momo dc5 one is a hunt smaller. Just the spacing and picture angle might make it look larger...
Looking good, but you also have Acura logo's on the wheel centers. :biggrin:
Haha that's right I need to change those...

got a few more Dali parts coming including the front type r hood a d radiator ducting...

Great looking car. Do you notice a huge difference with all the suspension upgrades?

Can't believe I missed this thread for so long. Welcome.
I've heard nothing but good thing about your products and remember seeing your green GT3RS on Battle of the supercars
maybe in a few years I can get my hands on a GT3 after I get my NSX fix on.

Great looking car. Do you notice a huge difference with all the suspension upgrades?
Thanks and so far yes I'd say it seems to be flatter and yet compliant. I wasn't really sure what springs to match with the bilsteins so I kept 'em stock and with the sways and other parts it's a nice daily d- even on these roads.
Can't believe I missed this thread for so long. Welcome.
I've heard nothing but good thing about your products and remember seeing your green GT3RS on Battle of the supercars
maybe in a few years I can get my hands on a GT3 after I get my NSX fix on.
Cheers man I remember those days;) I miss that car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

gt3rs_luxury_modified_intro.jpg

Got the Type R hood and ducting being painted now (from Dali) and the RDX injector upgrade from Prospeed next:)

.....Thanks Paul and indeed I love the way it looks from the outside in terms of the red/black so no big wings, sides or flashy wheels... I'm sticking with it the way she is on the outside.....[/img]

What went wrong .... LOL .... you were so keen to keep it stock!

Wont be long now till 02 sills and valance, larger rimss, BBK, Recaros .... where will it all end? Only jkg

Pleased you're enjoying Honda's halo car .... would have been nice to see some developement but then I guess the market is too snall to justify much investment ...

regards, Paul

What went wrong .... LOL .... you were so keen to keep it stock!

Wont be long now till 02 sills and valance, larger rimss, BBK, Recaros .... where will it all end? Only jkg

Pleased you're enjoying Honda's halo car .... would have been nice to see some developement but then I guess the market is too snall to justify much investment ...

regards, Paul
LOL Paul I know... Ah well... I'm still seriously gonna keep her NA, stock/Honda looking in terms of wheels and aero. Suspension/brakes and a few NA power upgrades aside she's still going to be stock-ish... Here's the injectors out in anticipation of the Prospeed RDX injector upgrade. Man those clips are a pain in the dick to get out!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 383
I like it. Sounds like a Race car :). Man i missed that car already. What do you think of 1st generation 997 GT3 R.S? I am working on a deal now and trying to buy it.
I bet you do:)! The Gen1 RS is my all-time favorite 911 and GT3 model. It's a special, special car... My thoughts in here basically:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsche-modification-and-tuning-guide/475-997-gt3rs-2007-2008-a.html

If you liked the 3, you'll love the RS even more so. Revs better with the LWF, slightly better suspension in the rear...

Back