• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"She's Alive!..."

Well, after considerable time, effort, worry and doubt below you will find pictures of my 2000 NSX-T that has been transformed into a mere shadow of its former self. It was an interesting and valuable learning experience for me. I would like to give a big thanks and a shout out to Ben from Wheels Boutique for setting me up with the TEIN, Brembo and HRE combo and Don for his unsolicited if not totally biased confirmation that the transformation was worth it. Believe me, if your NSX is still stock, you have no idea what excitement awaits you for a mere $15,000 more. :)

I would also like to thank Chris from SOS for recommending the Anytime Racing Exhaust and the folks from Anytime that monitor this list. I recommend that every NSX have one of these. The mirror finish of the rear caniser is unbelievable! The unit is high quality and the sound is to die for. Nothing weak or tinny about this unit. It has a phat sound and is quiet on the highway but wicked at WOT. A great unit and my thanks to everyone for the recommendation.

I would also like to thank all of you who provided a great deal of input to make this decision a lot easier and to increase my confort zone with doing these mods. I can't wait to do intake and induction mods now! The NSX is the perfect platform for the right mods. Thanks to all of you for making this transformation a success. Enjoy these initial photos. More to come.

PS: High quality version on the way via PM for those of you who contributed.

Attachments

• nsx-00009-01.jpg
    nsx-00009-01.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,401
One More Photo...

Here is one more photo. The house is my new place in Richmond, VA.

Attachments

• nsx-00009-02.jpg
    nsx-00009-02.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,693
WOW! 19"

Here is a close up of the fantastic fit and finish of the Wheels Boutique selected HRE-BREMBO-PIRELLI combo. Thanks Ben.

Attachments

• nsx-00009-03.jpg
    nsx-00009-03.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,659
Very nice. I love the HREs you have. Absolutely my favorite wheel with the Forgeline RS a close second (aka the RealTime racing and the Cart pace cars).

I agree that the Anytime Exhaust looks awesome and really like the quad tips. If my 4" DC Sports ever go - that would be the one on my car too.

Only down side is the amount of money. $15,000 is a lot of money for brakes, shocks, springs, wheels, tires, and an exhaust! But I would never argue with the looks, sound, or handling. Fantastic!

Enjoy!

Dropped Low...

Ok, last shot for now. Car is low, mean and handles like it is on rails. I recommend this setup to anyone. Rides given at $2 per mile. :)

Attachments

• nsx-00009-04.jpg
    nsx-00009-04.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,586
It's only money, I can print more...

matteni said:
Only down side is the amount of money. $15,000 is a lot of money for brakes, shocks, springs, wheels, tires, and an exhaust! But I would never argue with the looks, sound, or handling. Fantastic!

Thanks. I can tell you and Ben will attest to the fact that I was more than a little leary to put $15K in cash down for so many mods at one time and I was paranoid about destroying an already good car. I have owned 29 cars and I have seen the good, the bad and the seriously ugly! I have seen mods made a good car great and a great car a death trap. In this case, it was worth every penny. I really can't stress enough that once you get past the cost of the mods, the value of them is a piece of cake. I would do it again in a minute. In fact, I have already talked with Chris at SOS about a drop in 3.3L NA crate engine swap for 385hp.

So, this is just Phase 1... get ready for Phase 2! :)

Wow a 3.3 L engine with 385 HP!?! That is Honda S200 territory at an incredible 117 HP / Liter! Should be awesome if it can be done and there is decent midrange torque in there too.

Like I said you have done some of my favorite mods for the looks. Unfortunately, the calipers, rotors, pads, rims, and tires all are unsprung weight and start to hurt the performance. You get some of it back with the Tiens but still the engine upgrade is a good idea IMO.

If you ever get sick of that stuff - let me know!

:cool:

WHOA!

G-Man, those modifications are great. If I had 15k of disposable mod money I would have literally spent it in the same manner. Perhaps you could raise the car about a half an inch so you could see the green show from the Teins (and for easier entry on the driveway).

I must say that I am concerned about your desire for the stage three SOS engine package. I was under the impression that you gave up the Porsche due to the amount of moving violations you received from your local law enforcement agency. Are you sure you can contain yourself with 385 fiery horses under the hood?

Let the record show that I have expressed my concerns!

G-Man, the board lost you once before. I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! ;)

love the rims.. and you got a pretty nice crib, man.

Re: It's only money, I can print more...

G-man said:
In fact, I have already talked with Chris at SOS about a drop in 3.3L NA crate engine swap for 385hp.

Can you give me more information on this 3.3 L motor !?!? I know Factor X in Vegas is doing a 3.3L high compression set-up that they claim is good for a 70 RWHP increase. Can you fill me in ? I would be in for a hardcore, drop-in, N/A, built motor package if the price is right :)

-- Kevin

Re: Re: It's only money, I can print more...

NSXTASY_MD said:
Can you give me more information on this 3.3 L motor !?!? I know Factor X in Vegas is doing a 3.3L high compression set-up that they claim is good for a 70 RWHP increase. Can you fill me in ? I would be in for a hardcore, drop-in, N/A, built motor package if the price is right :)

-- Kevin

It's all on the SoS website

Edwardo said:
I must say that I am concerned about your desire for the stage three SOS engine package. I was under the impression that you gave up the Porsche due to the amount of moving violations you received from your local law enforcement agency. Are you sure you can contain yourself with 385 fiery horses under the hood?

Let the record show that I have expressed my concerns!

Hahaha! Your concerns are duely noted. But, keep in mind that I haven't lived in Richmond in over 16 years. I am long overdue for a moving violation here. :)

As far as losing me to another car or board, fear not! It took me 29 cars over 18 years at a cost of well over $829,000 to figure it out, but the only thing better than an NSX is a heavily modified NSX! :)

The funny thing is that in stock trim, people used to say "Gee, that looks like one of those new Corvettes". Now all I hear from people is "Whoa God! Is that a Ferrari!?" Funny how a fiew mods can change people's entire outlook on life. :)

G-man... I think your car looks increadible!!

With the 3.3L engine are you going to have the velocity stacks to create that much HP? I have heard they are really loud and not nice at all for a daily driver.

Is there a reason you don't want to go with FI? I remember reading how much you loved your 911 TT.

donwon said:
Now arent you glad you did it? :)

Yes, Yes, 1000 times Yes!!! I feel so foolish now for ever having doubted the wisdom of the group. Don, your inputs put me over the top. You were so right. I just want everyone to know that the folks that are part of the NSX community that live, work and love the NSX and hang out on PRIME really do have the inside scoop on this stuff. Ben @ Wheels Boutique, Chris @ SOS and the guys from Anytime Racing, thanks for great products, great info and a real committment to getting the job done right. My hats off to Martin's German Service in Roanoke, VA for the insane amount of setup time to get the setup corner balanced, dialed in and perfect. Thanks to you all.

Lud, let me know where to send my check to support PRIME... I couldn't have done this without all of you. Thanks for your comments and support.

PS: I do have a -3 Deg rear camber problem I can't fix that I will post the specs for soon to see if there is anything that can be done. Handles great but Ben better have a set of P-Zero Rossos on standby as fast as these will wear out. :)

SWEEET!! Very nice!

PS: I do have a -3 Deg rear camber problem I can't fix that I will post the specs for soon to see if there is anything that can be done.

What size are your wheels and how much is your car lowered? I'm running 17/18, and lowered an inch with Eibach's and the best they could do with rear camber was -2 deg.

BTW, where in Richmond did you move to? My in-laws are in short pump by that new outdoor mall they built. I'll probably be heading down that way later this summer. If I do, I'll definitely be giving you a ring to check your car out in person!

NetViper said:
Is there a reason you don't want to go with FI? I remember reading how much you loved your 911 TT.

More "real" hp by going the normally aspirated route. :)

Arshad said:
SWEEET!! Very nice!

BTW, where in Richmond did you move to? My in-laws are in short pump by that new outdoor mall they built. I'll probably be heading down that way later this summer. If I do, I'll definitely be giving you a ring to check your car out in person!

There is always room in the driveway for more NSXs. Please drop my anytime, especially from Canada. :) We are on River Road not too far from Short Pump. PM me at [email protected]

Time to update your avatar with the beautiful new pix!

Is the 385 HP you are talking about the SOS stage 3? That has to be amazing..

NetViper said:
Time to update your avatar with the beautiful new pix!

Is the 385 HP you are talking about the SOS stage 3? That has to be amazing..

Avatar Update DONE! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Yes, I am talking seriously about the SOS Stage 3 normally aspirated crate motor. I have been doing a lot of research with my own money in buying everything out there and driving it to see how I like it. Now that the NSX handling and looks are no longer an issue, I can turn my attention to the power.

Now, I find that with the current mods in place, the stock power is very usable and very nice. But, with that said, now the car can handle much more power. I like forced induction and have had the 2002 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and the 2003 Mitsubishi EVO VIII, so I am no stranger to Forced Induction. I just think that like my Porsche C4S, the NSX has some strong "personality" and I don't want to overwhealm that with FI. There is a lot to be said for putting real power to the ground via an almost flat torque curve. The NSX is the best normally aspriated car I have ever driven. Its overlapping gear ratios are perfect to fetch more power. I just don't think anything can beat 385 hp at the crank shoe horned into the NSX with my current mods.

Who knows, I may even stop lusting after a Ferrari 550 Maranello and/or a Ferrari 360 Spyder. :)

Brembolicious, looks great congrats! Can i ask the cost of the complete brembo kit and were there any modifications needed in lieu of the handbrake?

Ditto on the anytime exhaust. ;) Now I love to drive with the windows down.

Back