• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shift Knobs

I have seen the SOS shift knobs but they don't come in carbon fiber. Does anyone have carbon fiber shift knobs for the NSX with the clip on the bottom for the boot?

CF shifters...

SOS has many shift-knobs, be specific please. Post a link or a pic to a style/shape you are keen on.

CF or annodized shift-boot clip can be acquired from an Ebay vendor who fabricates them.

I'm talking about the 3 NSX-R billet aluminum knobs. I'd love to get one in black or carbon fiber. I have already called them, they can't do it.

Rapid NSX shift knob style in Carbon fiber...

91blkx said:
I'm talking about the 3 NSX-R billet aluminum knobs. I'd love to get one in black or carbon fiber. I have already called them, they can't do it.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift%5Fknobs/Rapid/

I have a CF shift knob that is identical in shape to the (2) tall shift knobs pictured below...

rmshift.jpg

If you're interested, let me know... I'm going back to my OEM shift knob to better match a leather shift boot that I'm looking around for still. If not, perhaps a CF-type shift boot & Gruppe_M/Zanardi-style shifter.

I like the dark knob. It doesn't look like it has the clip for the boot. That is really very important to me. Am I wrong?

Peter

I have a MOMO CF shift knob similar in size and shape to the leather OEM knob. I use it with the SOS CF boot. Although it does not have the "clip" on the bottom, I took a sawzall with a metal cutting blade and cut 1/2 to 5/8 inch of thread off the shift lever, and then screwed the MOMO knob on. This lowered the knob, shortened the shift and eliminated the gap between the bottom of the knob and the shift boot. I like it a lot!

6678DSC00002-med.JPG

fitment...

91blkx said:
I like the dark knob. It doesn't look like it has the clip for the boot. That is really very important to me. Am I wrong?

Peter

Peter, the shift knob I have is identical in shape to the dark knob. Only difference is that mine is in carbon fiber. And yes, I don't have a clip at the lower end of the knob either. It doesn't matter as the 'tall' shift knobs push the shift boot down a fair amount, and the shift boot's own chrome (?) clip meets the bottum of the knob. IMHO, it's still a clean fit. I believe for those who want even better fit, there is a D.I.Y. involving a zip-tie and washer.

I'll try to take some pics this evening, you'll get a better idea...
icon_camera.jpg

91blkx said:

I should be able to make a black one by anodizing the SOS knob. I am working on an aluminum accented "Autovation NSX" interior right now but can do this in a few weeks.

Back