• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

You all need to figure out a day and we can go from there.

More pics of the Bengal plz!! :p She's cute!

- - - Updated - - -

Her grandparents would love to have some time with her and we both enjoy the runs
^Perfect! You're lucky to have some grandparents close by who want to take care of her. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

You all need to figure out a day and we can go from there.

If we're talking this month, January, I can go this weekend, or the next (11th/12th or 18th/19th) but not the 25th/26th.

Jill is not working 11th/12th .......... or 2/1-2. My vote is 11/12 ------ I'm pretty sure we can all handle "short notice" for a lunch run

Can't make it this weekend but that shouldn't stop the rest of you from going.

Yellow Deli is in my backyard. It's big brother store in Vista is even closer (3.6 miles from my house) so I am always available to join up. If anyone wants to meet there or "run" there, let me know.

Jill is not working 11th/12th .......... or 2/1-2. My vote is 11/12 ------ I'm pretty sure we can all handle "short notice" for a lunch run

I'll meet you there or join you in Oceanside and drive there, this weekend. Sunday for lunch?

I'll meet you there or join you in Oceanside and drive there, this weekend. Sunday for lunch?

Chargers are playing but I'm going to record it..........

you are ON........call me 760-717-5800. Anyone else ??

Chargers are playing but I'm going to record it..........

you are ON........call me 760-717-5800. Anyone else ??

Alan, I may flake out on you. There's a group ElliptiGO ride from San Clemente on Sunday morning. I rather enjoy riding with the group so I think I'll join them. But then, on the other hand, I'd have to get up early. I don't want to on Sunday. I could sleep in and have a good lunch. :confused: What to do, what to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha... Love the Bengal pics! I have been wanting to get one too, yours is gorgeous!

She is adorable and playful. Just FYI, she's also fading in the contrast of her dark colors so she may not be quite so adorable in a year. She's a lot of fun, though, no matter what she ends up having for colors.

K Patty......whatever u decide. Told Jill about it and she's up for it (she's never been to the one in Valley Center) so let us know. Short notice is ok

Alan, how about Saturday? Tomorrow? Anyone else? I could finally get out of bed to make Cars and Coffee and then have lunch at Yellow Deli with you and Jill.

**EDIT** Never mind about Saturday. I called Alan and Yellow Deli isn't open on Saturday. I still plan on making Cars and Coffee tomorrow but as usual, I won't get there before 8 AM, most likely.

Last edited:
Don't forget to use sunscreen. :redface:

^On Jan. 16, 2014, a month after the spot on my right arm was biopsied and determined to be a squamous cell cancer.

^Jan. 18, 2014. Two days after the cancer was surgically removed.

sunscreen

Glad they got it cut out. How is it healing up?

I have one same spot right arm also but my scar runs 90* from yours. Let's play shown'ntell next time we see each other.

Glad they got it cut out. How is it healing up?

It's only been 2 days but so far it's fine. It never really hurt.

How's life with baby Ava?

- - - Updated - - -

I have one same spot right arm also but my scar runs 90* from yours. Let's play shown'ntell next time we see each other.

You're on, Alan. Do you have lots of sun damage, too? I'm sure I'll have more of this done in the future. I know it's pretty common for us So Cal natives.

Last edited:
She is good when I am home. I have been working a lot lately but Hannah seems to be handling Ava ok and dealing with me working long hours and not coming home some days.

She is good when I am home. I have been working a lot lately but Hannah seems to be handling Ava ok and dealing with me working long hours and not coming home some days.

Too bad you're working a lot, or is it? Do you work at Camp Pendleton?

Fair warning, there are CHP on the ready when you go up Mount Palomar. These bad ElliptiGO riders were naughty and busted on Saturday, Sept. 27,2014, in the wee hours, for not riding single-file up the mountain. Yeah, they did ride all the way up on 40 lb ElliptiGOs starting in the dark, but they really weren't being safe.

Last edited:
So I guess the ElliptiGO riders are just as bad as bicycle riders by not riding single file and staying to the FAR right of the road and out of the way.:wink:

I like riding bikes but I do not see any reason to do it on a twisty mountain road where the chance of getting hit is high; Darwin's theory in action right there.

So I guess the ElliptiGO riders are just as bad as bicycle riders by not riding single file and staying to the FAR right of the road and out of the way.:wink:

Yes, they were just as oblivious as cyclists. I always ride to the far right.

- - - Updated - - -

I like riding bikes but I do not see any reason to do it on a twisty mountain road where the chance of getting hit is high; Darwin's theory in action right there.

That is a very hard ride and they do it as a challenge. They started in the dark, so most of them were done before the cars started coming up. There were no fun cars up there yet, as I was taking photos as they finished. I don't intentionally make myself suffer so I'll never do that ride.

Back