• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

shop in the bay area

Just bought a 94 nsx and need to do the header and exhaust. Can anybody recommend a good shop? I live in sunnyvale.

thanks,
vince

I'm sure you've already done a search, but IMO Don at Hilltop is your best bet for this work. He will save you lots of $ for the same product that you will get from Foreign Affair for just 30 min. more of travel time.

I've been to both. I go back to Don.

shop

Well, never had this happen before. Just got of the phone with Allen at Foreign Affair, I was going to have them install my JGTC and TAITEC but he told me because they where not comptech they would not do the job. I was told Comptech may not make the exhaust anymore. Well Hilltop it is!

vince

Re: shop

vdavie said:
Well, never had this happen before. Just got of the phone with Allen at Foreign Affair, I was going to have them install my JGTC and TAITEC but he told me because they where not comptech they would not do the job. I was told Comptech may not make the exhaust anymore. Well Hilltop it is!

vince

I don't know what any of that has to do with which shop you go to...

shop

my point is, why can't this shop install my headers and exhaust? i thought that was clear.

vince

shop

my point is this, if people like myself are looking for a shop in the bay area to do work on there nsx this shop will only do this type of work if you use comptech equipment. that is my point.

vince

Getting to hilltop

Getting to hilltop from the southbay is a bit easier now since the BART has been extended to Millbrae.

If you hop on a CalTrain, there's a transfer point point between CalTrain and BART at Millbrae.

Don's shop is about 3 blocks from the Daily City BART station. There are a couple of CalTrain stations in Sunnyvale.

Don just did more work on my car (picked it up yesterday). I have been going for 3+ years now. He's done all of the major work on my car since 68K miles (my car is now at 116). If you search prime, you'll find many other endorsements for Don.

shop

hyuan,

thanks for the info, i think i'll get some suspension mods to and have him do it all at once.

vince

Back