• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Shorai Battery and CNC Machined Battery Tray Package - 7 pound setup - Direct bolt on

Sorry.. Why the terminals are different than my stock one? How does this connect into my Oem or original terminals.? Can you please show me some pics and how to install your battery.. Thanks.....

It's easy to install. There are a number of ways you can install the terminals. I even mounted mine the standard way. This was one of the best mods I did, unfortunately I bought my battery before Phryxis was selling them so I paid a lot more. This is a great deal guys. This is a super light weight super small battery but it isn't for everyone. It is not going to start your car after leaving it for a month without a charger. It isn't for you if you like to sit in your car without the engine running and use the battery. It isn't for you if you have gobs of electronics in your car. I am just saying, have REASONABLE expectations so you aren't then sending back the unit to phryxis. The mount he has made is superb quality. I was really dreading having to buy a PC680 and a Dali mount and so I started really researching and found this. I stuck the thing in my stock battery case at first until Phryxis came to my rescue. Here are some photos of my install. I have had this for over a month already. No issues.

784f5d61ea9c3d0ff51359284d565259_zps073e7053.jpg

abf4c58dae08cf679e6226df4545cf73_zpsbd1d617e.jpg

1d82060b17302df66f067cc35ce2fb69_zps5b16a7c6.jpg

e38606a4c173728e00a5637c2758d609_zps7f05b63c.jpg

f4a3a75b018bb9277ae898e571e5db93_zps096544db.jpg

fd0bc86e70ad42f5411610e2ad4e1a0d_zpsae01c88b.jpg

fd0bc86e70ad42f5411610e2ad4e1a0d_zpsae01c88b.jpg

How I originally had it.

That is the stock batter box stuffed with foam. The thing is so light it held it in place fine.

4d13a248f435554adf4512c1947aa40d_zpsf263b824.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the great response everyone! And thanks for the early payments thus far. Let's try to get our payments in by the 27th so I can do a bulk battery order on the 28th.

Dave, thank you for the great blurb and pics!

I know.

I was going to let my current battery run it's course and then replace it with urs down the line.

Again, Still not decided yet either way.

PMed

Man, I really wish the battery mount was flat.

Aw hell, I'm in the buy too.

Awesome, what year is your car, and what color would you like?

There are a few reasons why we didn't go with a flat mounted battery.

1. If it were laying down, we were concerned with the battery cables not reaching.
2. The amount of material that would be required for the tray would be much more, which would mean the tray would be considerably more expensive.
3. Due to how light the battery is, there would be negligible center of gravity benefits.

Sorry.. Why the terminals are different than my stock one? How does this connect into my Oem or original terminals.? Can you please show me some pics and how to install your battery.. Thanks.....

Here's a pic of the prototype that's been in my car. We recommend using the 90 degree brackets that come with the battery to bring the battery cables clearly away from the top bar. Dave's battery apparently didn't come with the 90 degree brackets. Just as an FYI for the NA1 buyers, this is what your tray will generally look like minus the louvres. Basically it's a cleaner version of this.

8660888499_9060dda245_b.jpg

Thank you for your pics and reply. One question, in fifth pic shows that when you connect to the terminals to the battery. And the top of the cap cover by kind of screw nut and cap. Where did you got it from? And does it come with the battery if I purchase? Hope you know or understand what Im talking about :) please educate me more. Sorry..

Thank you for your pics and reply. One question, in fifth pic shows that when you connect to the terminals to the battery. And the top of the cap cover by kind of screw nut and cap. Where did you got it from? And does it come with the battery if I purchase? Hope you know or understand what Im talking about :) please educate me more. Sorry..

Ah, I see what you're talking about (by the way those are TURBO2GO's photos, not mine). But no, those are not included in the package, but should be easy to source at a hardware store. The supplied terminals are threaded on the inside and you can do what TURBO2GO does to ensure that the cables won't ever fall off. I've actually never seen that before.

Add me into the list. I just sold my exhaust so I can now buy this, sweet! Payment just sent through paypal.

Midnight_Raven, NA1, Black

I'm curious if these numbers include the OEM plastic battery box, top bar and threaded J hooks. When I weighed those together, it was basically equivalent to our battery tray, so the net weight difference is battery to battery.

Battery weights compared to your setup

Battery weights compared to your setup

Moses depends on your battery. They are 30-50 pounds. Mine was a real light one with the OEM 2005. Typically say a 40 pound battery. This is 5. You save 35 pounds. The Phryxis mount and the stuff you remove almost offset each other. I had my sparce tire bracket in place because it partially locks the battery case in place. Then there is the OEM top bar, two long studs and nuts that all come out. It's a 35-45 pound savings depending on your setup.

Payment sent, na1 black, can you pm me the price for the charger?

Ah, I see what you're talking about (by the way those are TURBO2GO's photos, not mine). But no, those are not included in the package, but should be easy to source at a hardware store. The supplied terminals are threaded on the inside and you can do what TURBO2GO does to ensure that the cables won't ever fall off. I've actually never seen that before.
hi.. one more question.. will the battery slide around? how does it sit still if i ride on bumping road. will it come with any sort of tight down in place thingy? thanks. sorry too many question before i purchase it.

hi.. one more question.. will the battery slide around? how does it sit still if i ride on bumping road. will it come with any sort of tight down in place thingy? thanks. sorry too many question before i purchase it.

the bottom plate is attached to the NSX battery tray by two bolts. it isn't going anywhere. The bolts are under the battery and go through factory holes. No need to drill your car for anything. It is a well designed bracket.

No, the battery won't slide around, it's securely fastened to the oem NSX battery tray. I'm glad you're asking the questions, as you are probably asking questions that other people have!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be adding this to my list of things. Just need to fund some other projects first but put me on the list for a 91 tray anodized black. Thanks you two for putting this together.

Great, sounds good! I actually have a product in my head that I think would be a fun collaboration for you and us. I'll contact you about it after things settle down a bit.

This looks like a great product. Good job phryxis!

Totally would've gotten one of these, if I didn't have a PC680 and billet hold down that's been sitting in my garage for a while.

Did some weighing...

The battery that came out of my NSX weighed in at a whopping 44.7 pounds with the OEM tray and bar, I actually had no idea it was this heavy, was expecting in the 35 pound range.

9135292807_70f4fba391_b.jpg

And the old favorite PC680 weighing in at 15.8 pounds without the terminals or battery tray. It has less than half the CCAs too at 220 vs. 540 with the Shorai.

9137513782_d3ce20a80e_b.jpg

This looks like a great product. Good job phryxis!

Totally would've gotten one of these, if I didn't have a PC680 and billet hold down that's been sitting in my garage for a while.

Thank you, we can't wait to get these actually out in the wild!

I'm a bit biased, but I think you should sell that setup :)

No, the battery won't slide around, it's securely fastened to the oem NSX battery tray. I'm glad you're asking the questions, as you are probably asking questions that other people have!

- - - Updated - - -

Great, sounds good! I actually have a product in my head that I think would be a fun collaboration for you and us. I'll contact you about it after things settle down a bit.

Sounds good. A collaboration would be awesome!

Hey ... what kind of collaboration? Will it be an add on to the the current product or a replacement? I rather wait for a carbon fiber version ;)

It's like 1.9 pounds. How much weight are you going to save going carbon? another 0.4? LOL... The machined aluminum is beautiful, carbon won't look any better there and I doubt he was going to make one anyway. He is talking about something else. Just order one and stop driving around with that embarrassingly heavy old school lead acid piece of shit. :D

Back