• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I trade in my 99 C2 to 02 C2 or 02 NSX? Please help me decide....

Hey sup guys, this is my first post on this site. I'm thinking of getting a 02 996 or 02 nsx soon. I'm getting a lot of information from this site. Most of my friends have nice cars, like nsx, F355, F360, Diablo, viper, m3, and 996TT. I have hard time to keep up with them. Just last weekend, I got smoked by a teenager in a 02 Z06 at the red light (I had head start too, unbelievable). I haven't done any mod to my porsche yet. Thinking that if i going to modify it, I would rather trade-in my current 996 and get the new 02 996 or nsx. Anyways, whatever you're thinking rite now, please drop a line. thanks guys

------------------
Super Xenon

if you're interested in 1/4 acceleration times compared to cars like you've listed, the NSX is certainly NOT for you. it fares decently at 1/4 mile (mid to high 13's) but its an all around package. its excellent at everything but absolute best at none. since you're already interested in porsches i'd be looking at a 996 turbo to crush your friends since money doesn't appear to be an object.

If you want to drag race, buy a Viper.

Buy an NSX and put NOS on it. That way you have a very comfortable everyday car and when you want to put the heat on the Ferrari's and Z06's you can do that too.

Yes, sometimes its a bad thing. I won't feel comfortable parking it at movie theatre, mall, supermarket or any dangerous spot. I live in LA area, and it seems like there's more 996s and boxsters than bimmers. So ppl pay less attention to them. Most 996TT and Ferrari owners in US want to keep them as a virgin. Why? It beats hell of me. Most Ferrari and Porsche owners in Europe drive the cars as everday vehicles. They get better with miles. If I own a 02 TT, it'll be my everday vehicle and I'll track it, autox it. I won't let it sit in the garage collecting dust. What a waste. So another concern is maintaince cost and reliability. I think 02 996 or 02 NSX is much cheaper to maintain and more reliable.

------------------
Super Xenon

If you are interested in straight line grunt/speed I would recommend a TVR Tuscan R or S, assumming these are available in the US. A Tuscan R will hit 100mph in about 8 seconds. They also look good aswell.

Originally posted by Tel:
If you are interested in straight line grunt/speed I would recommend a TVR Tuscan R or S, assumming these are available in the US.

They are not.

Hi Phillip,

Here's the answer of your email:

Its a good idea to invest some of your income in money market, growth funds or bonds. I'll not invest on any stocks right now, unless you're selling short. The fundamental of the economy right now looks real bad. Nasdaq is under heavy selling and looks like it'll brake its major support around 1400. Save some cash, remember " CASH IS KING". Do some bargin hunting when the Nasdaq start to consolidate. Don't let anybody invest your money except yourself. Most stock brokers are scum bags. Trust me, I used to own 2 stock brokerages. Anyways, always do your own research and good luck.

------------------
Super Xenon

Not that anyone here asked for financial advice, but from reading yours, you don't think it's a good idea to try the The Index Adjustment System that your website advertises for BIG PROFITS? BTW, if I happen to do a search on Gary Woo in the NASD Public Disclosure System when it opens again tomorrow, would I find that you're a licensed broker in good standing? Guess you decided to give up being a broker and turned to slamming them and selling headlights instead?

Your whole previous post just struck me as rather odd on many levels and I thought I'd poke around a bit since I have nothing better to do tonight than hide in my office from a screaming two year old.

i've got a 98 NSX and my wife drives a Porsche Cab. She likes the NSX over the Cab for everything except it isn't a convertible. The Porsche is probably going to be replaced. I'd go for NSX and supercharge it. Carguy has a supercharged 2000 NSX and a 96 TT Porsche and I believe he posted that the NSX felt faster.

Index Adjustment System - its advertised at the bottom of your website dreamtrade.com and takes you to www.stockstrategy.net

PS, NASD does indeed have a record of Gary Woo. Listed as currently working at Prudential, CRD #2819972, formerly with Equitable Life Assurance Society and AIG prior to that. No record of him ever owning his own brokerage though.

Originally posted by topdaytrader:
I decided to get 02 NSX blk/blk first and trade-in for 03 Porsche with X51 package (345HP) when it come out early next year. What do you guys think?

I think you should get what you want, and not worry about what we think.

And I think you should click on the "Submit Reply" button only once.
wink.gif

Its been almost 2 weeks since I bought my 02' Porsche TT. I think I made a mistake. I think 02' NSX looks much better and more fun to drive. Also, I like people from NSX forums more. They're more mature and very helpful. Should I trade in my TT for 02' NSX and add a comptech supercharge? Or just wait till the new 400HP NSX version that coming out next year?

------------------
porschett.JPG
Super Xenon

[This message has been edited by topdaytrader (edited 28 July 2002).]

Back