• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

simple upgrades

Hey Guys,

Well, I have been driving my "new to me" NSX for 3 months now, and I am interested in some simple performance upgrades. Can any of you veterans attest and suggest simple performance upgrades thatI can do myself? By simple, I mean a certain kind of air filter, cold-air kit, etc. Someday maybe I'll look at SC and exhaust. But for now, I am content with the overall performance... but any tips to refine the stock setup a bit would be great .

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
its an intake for your car. Some people like the sound and I beleive it might help the performance a bit.

Hmmm.....thanks

------------------
Todd E. Williams

Intakes won't do anything significant for the performance of the NSX.

If you're not already using the OEM tires, they are a great performance improvement.

If you want to spend a few grand, you could get headers and exhaust...

EDIT: Corrected last paragraph.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 March 2003).]

I would consider getting headers. You'll get a much noticeable improvement in performance over an intake or exhaust.

On a video series I have called "NSX Connection," they tested a chip, headers and exhaust on a dyno. The results told the story. The chip was only good for a few horsepower and only at very high RPMs. Exhausts will only give you about five horsepower or so. The headers produced an 18 rear wheel horsepower gain and clearly showed it was the best bang for the buck among the three. Headers and exhaust run around the same price range depending which brand you decide to go with. Headers were practically a no brainer. These tests were conducted on a '91 NSX back in 1994.

I plan to do performance upgrades in the near future. On the list are headers, short gears, 4.23 R&P and possibly a Comptech non-compliance beam and toe-links. I'm keeping my airbox stock as well as the exhaust.

Well, I think that is a strong concencus from well respected members of this forum...headers and exhaust it is. I'll look up the good models on the prime pages; unless you guys have any specifc recomondations....

Thanks guys!!!

------------------
Todd E. Williams

Originally posted by tewills:
Hey Guys,

Well, I have been driving my "new to me" NSX for 3 months now, and I am interested in some simple performance upgrades. Can any of you veterans attest and suggest simple performance upgrades thatI can do myself? By simple, I mean a certain kind of air filter, cold-air kit, etc. Someday maybe I'll look at SC and exhaust. But for now, I am content with the overall performance... but any tips to refine the stock setup a bit would be great .

Big switch from your original post......... but good choice

Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
Big switch from your original post......... but good choice

Well,

When the most recognized names out here chime in with the same upgrade...what can I say...I guess you kinda have to go with it.

------------------
Todd E. Williams

BTW, I think that, on a horsepower-per-dollar basis, a supercharger will give you more bang for the buck than headers and exhaust will...

Will the aftermarket exhaust add any horsepower? Or will it just lighten the load? I'm am considering a set of Taitec headers and exhaust...any opinions, warnings? Is it okay to get them separately installed, or do you have to do it all at the same time?

Thanks

------------------
Todd E. Williams

[This message has been edited by tewills (edited 28 March 2003).]

Back