• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sleeve my block

Hello,

I have a stock engine with 525whp since 1 year and 20000miles.
Now I want 650whp, and I don't know what sort of sleeve is the best for TimeAttack and mountain.
I don't use my car for 1/4.

SOS
engineblock_small.jpg

Darton Sleeve
vq35%20block_pr.jpg

attachment.php

AEBS
http://www.aebsracing.com/picloader.pl?picfile=racing-03.jpg

Strengthen deck, reinforcement deck
attachment.php

Last edited:
Any good ductile sleeves will be fine. I would be more concerned with who does the machine work than who made the sleeves, as the process is easy to screw up. Just go with a machine shop you trust and who has sleeved nsx motors before.

Best of luck with your project.

Like David said above....its all about the installer.

In my drag civic I use the RSmachines closed deck block. Works great!

They also sleeve the NSX block aswell. 90-95mm bore.

There turn around time is pretty quick.

Call me and I can get you a price etc. 480-889-1482 kyle.

thanks.

Attachments

• bseries_closedeck.jpg
    bseries_closedeck.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 354
  • nsx sleeved block.jpg
    nsx sleeved block.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 312
I used Darton Pro Sleeves. The company who install mine took forever. I think the name was Bosko in Arizona.

Bosko did mine and took a year. Then on the drive home I burned a quart of oil. i later found out my cylinders were eliptical. Run, don't walk from basko

We have had great success in utilizing Golden Eagle to sleeve all of our blocks in our drag car including our customers' blocks putting out 1000+ horsepower.
They have done many applications including and not limited to drag racing, road racing, sprint car racing, off-road racing etc.

We can get you some great rates...
Contact me: [email protected]
or you can check us out at www.bisimoto.com

oh and btw.. turn around time is about 2weeks!

Take Care! :smile:

Last edited:
I don't think 650whp is any good for time attack and mountain racing. That just too much power IMO. But well....you will have to send your block into the USA, since sleeving is way cheapere there than here + they have the skills for doing that, since those companys do this ever day. Shipping the block is not that much, talking about 200 euro. That is worth it!

I did this with some B18 block already the past years. I am from Austria, write me an email to [email protected]

Where can I get more infos about your NSX. I am surprised such an strong X is on the road here in Europe. link us ;)

thanks

Like David said above....its all about the installer.

In my drag civic I use the RSmachines closed deck block. Works great!

They also sleeve the NSX block aswell. 90-95mm bore.

There turn around time is pretty quick.

Call me and I can get you a price etc. 480-889-1482 kyle.

thanks.

this would be my recommendation, they did my motors in the past, a friend of mine is still running my LS motor 84mm running 530whp @ 10lbs... thing is a beast and RS's work is imho the best... well worth the shipping I promise you that!

Hello,

I live in Switzerland, and I don't want to send my block to USA.
I just want to know if Darton is good for timeAttack, no problem with temp in cylinder.
Who are the SOS sleeve ?
What about reinforcement ? I see in BestMotoring a car with the same reinforcement

Reinforcemnets can work but there they are not a good solution....
If they are improperly installed, you can cause the cyl. to go out of round.

Darton is a great sleeve, with the honda b-series, people have made 800whp+ with them and have had no problem with heating up....Its all about the installer.

The "SOS sleeve" is actually RSmachines out of Cali. SOS doesnt sleeve motors. :wink:

this would be my recommendation, they did my motors in the past, a friend of mine is still running my LS motor 84mm running 530whp @ 10lbs... thing is a beast and RS's work is imho the best... well worth the shipping I promise you that!

I to run the 84mm RS closed deck sleeve in my drag civic, at 9,500rpm @ 18psi, temp is about 215deg or so....

Big thumbs up for Dave and Ramsey @ RS.

Last edited:
+100 - on race engine development, steve is a patent holder for the darton sleeve process and he's done countless honda engines, he's the ONLY ONE I would trust after seeing numerous diasters from other installers (so called experts!) call steve 760-630-0450
I have an engine there right now!!!
darton only makes sleeves for 3.2 displacement!

You can't go wrong with AEBS, they have had great success with their sleeves. The "T" Sleeve will stop any cylinder movement that occurs with the honda motor.

ERL performance is another quality company who has a lot of experience with the NSX motor. Although this picture isn't of the C motor, it gives the example of their process. This picture is of a J32 variety Honda V6.

http://www.erlperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=161

website007.jpg

ERL has built this Honda with a NSX motor for the HART team. This car runs in NHRA CCAT class, (Competition Eliminator, CC Alternate Turbo) This car runs low 7's.

P1010045-1.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

And a video...

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/HART_Tuner/?action=view&current=20080420035624.flv

Good luck with your project.

Smart way to do it ..all surfaces machined fitment 0.005 tolerance
It is all about macinist ! Tested in many race cars never fails !

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 203
ZERO ..but real world ..needs 100gram plastic hammer to go in place. Perfect system for subarus,hondas and all aluminum open-dec engines.

Back