• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slow water leak

Dear Prime hive mind,

I had all my hoses replaced and picked up the car today.

When it is parked, water drips slowly from right behind the battery on the passenger's side. What could it be? Maybe one of the clamps they used went bad?

Since the NSX uses coolant rather than plain water (and I assume the coolant is not clear, odorless, and flavorless), where could water be coming from?

Car was barely driven for about 2yrs prior to this work - could it be condensation from the A/C system or something?

Wondering if it's the window washer fluid. Window washer on the car doesn't work, and I remember filling the window washer reservoir with water. I wonder if it leaks out when the car heats up somehow.

my guess wouldve been condensation from your A/C as well.

Hope so... it's nowhere near the (freshly replaced) water pump, and engine temperature was stable throughout all my driving around today so everything should be fine.

Putting about 100 miles in tomorrow (taking her to work!) so I guess we'll find out :smile:

It's definitely from the A/C. Perfectly normal. You can sleep soundly tonight. :)

Phew!

Now I just need to figure out why my window washers aren't working. I hear a noise when I pull back on the lever so some little motor under the hood is obviously trying and the reservoir is full... must just be clogged somewhere. Not sure how to proceed.

Phew!

Now I just need to figure out why my window washers aren't working. I hear a noise when I pull back on the lever so some little motor under the hood is obviously trying and the reservoir is full... must just be clogged somewhere. Not sure how to proceed.

Probably clogged nozzles. Easy to diagnose. Just remove the hose before it reaches the nozzles and check for spray. If nothing, work backwards towards the reservoir/motor. You can usually unclog the nozzles with a can of compressed air.

Phew!

Literally Just did this this morning. Motor was running, nothing was coming out. Pulled Nozzles off, they were fine. If you lift the hood, you will see where their is a "v" shaped connecter on the passenger side, pull that off and the hoses from the V connector to the driver side off. Every hard plastic hose connector has black mold in them, (take a needle to loosen the gunk up, then soak it in hot water and blow towards they arrow, took about 5 minutes per connector to get un gunked). 30 minute job total, and now windshield fluid comes out. PM me if you need pics/help

Literally Just did this this morning. Motor was running, nothing was coming out.

Hmm... now it seems the motor is toast. I followed the troubleshooting steps in the manual (checked the fuse, relay, etc) - everything is good up to the motor.

I am having a bit of trouble disconnecting the motor to try and power it independently as a final test - how do these 2-P connectors work? Is there a tab I can pull up on to release it?

Assuming the motor is bad, all it says in the manual is "If the motor fails to run smoothly, replace it." but offers no further insight. Does anyone know which bolts hold the motor in place, and whether there's a way to pull it out without removing the front bumper? I guess I probably have to remove the tank and the motor as one piece...

Back