• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slow Website

Zanardi 0

Suspended
Re: Daliracing.com Slow Website

deedubb said:
Is it just me or is Dali Racings Website just horribly slow?
Dont get me wrong, its a very good site but really slow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prime is slow too!! and down all the time!!just my 2 cents

Re: Re: Daliracing.com Slow Website

Zanardi 0 said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prime is slow too!! and down all the time!!just my 2 cents

The site has only had one unexpected down-time event in several months, the result of a network cable problem at the hosting center. There were three other periods of planned down-time in the last several months, all related to moving hosts or upgrading servers, and all announced about a week in advance.

The server side is actually very fast on the new dual-proc computer even during peak periods of activity. The server load rarely goes above 0.20 which is quite low. Though honestly prior to this most recent upgrade it was only occasionally slow when the processor spiked, usually when it was running some sort of maintenance in the background late at night. If the site is slow for you now, it's on your end, probably one of the following:

1. A slow computer - what are your specs?
2. A poor internet connection - what is your connection type and speed, and what are your latency times if you ping www.nsxprime.com?
3. Adware/spyware clogging up your browser - download and run adaware/spybot
4. Your browser is poorly configured - vbulletin has tons of tiny graphics on every page. If you browser can't load multiple files concurrently your computer will be slow displaying the forums.

Back