• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smog Check in Los Angeles

Greetings and Happy New Year!

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, would you please point me in the right direction . . .

I reside within 10-15 minutes of LAX and need to get my NSX smogged. Would someone kindly recommend an NSX friendly location (with documented NSX knowledge) that is somewhat near LAX? Since I do not feel comfortable driving with expired taggs, I'll need to trailer the car to the location. So, I'm hopefull it has a large enough area for the truck and 26' trailer. Of course, if you have a phone number and/or address, that would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your assistance and Happy NSX'ing.

1UFO 2C

Last edited:
DMV can issue you a temp permit if you pay your reg. If you already have the tow rig then fine, but that's the route I would go.

Hi UFO 2C:

I know it has been a while since your post, but I was wondering how you did with the smog test on your NSX?
Did you do a live test straight up or a pre-test only first?
Just curious as I am ready to go through the same gauntlet.

Thanks!
Grumpee

GroumpeeSX,

So sorry to just respond, as I have a hospitalized family member and I've been completely off the grid for several weeks.

Did you finally get your NSX smogged?

I had to drive it around town a while, as it had been sitting for a while.

Ultimately, it passed - but barely.

Back