• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snap Ring failed -where 2 go???

Hey guys- so my car is showing signs of a " failed snap ring"

I have a 92 NSX with about 81 k on it and a stock clutch ( that feels great STILL)

I have no clue where to go for a good shop/dealer to do the repairs

The only shop i have called was Inline Pro...and they are telling me They have to remove the engine to separate the trans,IDK if tho is true because i haven't seen any info on here about removing it or not

Please help- I need my baby on the road! THANKS

Ben is the area EXPERT on all things NSX.
It will get done right.

Hey guys- so my car is showing signs of a " failed snap ring"

I have a 92 NSX with about 81 k on it and a stock clutch ( that feels great STILL)

I have no clue where to go for a good shop/dealer to do the repairs

The only shop i have called was Inline Pro...and they are telling me They have to remove the engine to separate the trans,IDK if tho is true because i haven't seen any info on here about removing it or not

Please help- I need my baby on the road! THANKS

Don't panic, dail sells a DIY kit to fix it,
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1019

I also have a extra transmission forsale if you need one, Im local in VA, let me know

Bryan

Last edited:
No, the engine doesn't need to be removed. I had PTuning remove my transmission and ship to SOS when my transmission needed to be rebuilt (blown 2nd gear), which was far cheaper than replacing the transmission.

Y'all are very helpful! I am dropping my car off this weekend and Ben tells me if everything looks ok- meaning noting else if fucked- then it should be a quick turn around!!!!!!

thanks for all the help again!

Back