• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So..... Anyway.....

turbo now starting a technical appearance thread...it is better to look good...:cool:

Chrome wrap is a lot more expensive. I asked for blue chrome. Also depending on where you live labor rates are way different. Boston is probably on the expensive side. He quoted me $3000-3500 for a regular non-chrome wrap.
I am sure you are right that Boston is way more expensive than Houston. If I recall, the chrome wrap would have only cost me an extra $700 or so. Either way, looking forward to seeing the results. Love your car and attention to detail. I have read several of your threads and now this one is on my list too.

Wow I didn't know they had premium dip colors now. How much would a premium dip cost?

Mine is wrapped but the wrap is peeling around the headlights area... sigh.

So Dave, which restroom are you going to use now?

0615GenderNeutral.jpg

That blue sure is purty

If you're going with Bayside Blue (TV2) don't worry, it's not purple at all.

No it's a mix of cobalt blue and oriental blue

turbo now starting a technical appearance thread...it is better to look good...:cool:

LOL well if you can't be fast you may as well look good

I have read several of your threads and now this one is on my list too.

Thanks. Hoping this goes well.'

So Dave, which restroom are you going to use now?

Same ones I've been using for years... Trees, backs of dumpsters, fire hydrants, door knobs of places that told me their bathrooms are "for patrons only", cars that pass me on the track sitting unattended in the paddock, etc.

Wow I didn't know they had premium dip colors now. How much would a premium dip cost?

Mine is wrapped but the wrap is peeling around the headlights area... sigh.

They can make ANY color dip. Can't do that with wrap. Wrap also does peel IME but it has no overspray something you really have to watch with sprays.

first pic out of the paint booth

08EE8612-991A-41D8-9069-A7AB35015672_zpsmar7tzyc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, how is the removal process? If you see some videos on youtube sometimes removing even plastidip can be a huge pain. A lot of the material can potentially stay behind or "burn in".

Super easy when done right. Impossible when applied by a novice. That's why I literally got 16 coats. Too few coats and it becomes too thin and hard to peel. Having a
coats of black underneath is key. Also the car has to be prepped right before hand. He takes his off in giant sections. Fewer than 10 and he completely has the car to stock.

Last edited:
papa smurf...........:eek:

I see you are leaving the canopy covered so no one can see you driving it.
You sprayed it with teenage boy attractant.

Sweet, looking forward to some more pics and your overall thoughts.

What no accent colors like Docjohn? Could always match the orange on your calipers!

...........kudos to you for buying window tint from trojan........safety first:biggrin:

bodyshop.."so mack want tint % do you want 15,20?.........Turbo....."I'll take the lambskin"..........

......priceless...lol.............

Looks identical to the lesbian blue Subaru color of all STI's. :biggrin: Or hiking boots blue some may call it.
Just messing around Dave, I like it. Especially the cost versus your car sitting in a body shop for months!
How does the depth look compared to paint?

That looks wicked! I can't wait to see the finished "unprotected" product. The wheels and calipers look great too! I assume those are TSW Bathurst's? I just replaced my Work Cr's with them in the gunmetal finish and love them. Good to see they are BBK friendly.

That looks wicked! I can't wait to see the finished "unprotected" product. The wheels and calipers look great too! I assume those are TSW Bathurst's? I just replaced my Work Cr's with them in the gunmetal finish and love them. Good to see they are BBK friendly.
Lol, not even close brotha. He had those wheels custom machined which set Mr. Turbo back about 10K. TSW's would NEVER look that good....

Yes, any updates Dave? Love to see the whole process.

I thought I updated this. Anyway on close inspection the job was sub par. Looked great from 10 feet away and in photos. The product is good. The painter not skilled anough. Many dust particles and you could see stripes from the gun shoots. I had it removed. Will probably look for a more skilled guy to do this in the future.

Back