• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So..... Anyway.....

Sorry to hear. I was really anticipating the final product. Please keep us posted if/when you find a better shop!

same here, having done dip I was really hoping to see a much better finish with autoflex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I updated this. Anyway on close inspection the job was sub par. Looked great from 10 feet away and in photos. The product is good. The painter not skilled anough. Many dust particles and you could see stripes from the gun shoots. I had it removed. Will probably look for a more skilled guy to do this in the future.
Dave, I had my "guy" look into this. Before I asked him about it he had already been aware of the product. He knows how picky I am and basically did not recommend it to me yet. It's still has a bit to go. YMMV of course. Just don't want to see you waste too much money. I'd defer to your better judgement though since i've never seen the product up close.

The product is awesome. The painter is where it's at and your end result will depend on their skill level. Just like paint. The dip shops are mostly unskilled, the good paint shops are unfamiliar with stuff like autoflex and its application. There's a serious hole in the market right now. I'm going to have a tough time finding a quality painter that is familiar with autoflex. The car, from 5 feet away, looked breathtaking. House of Kolor candy is superior to anything else I've seen. It was another level from the pearls you see like on LBBP or IMOLA. It had depth and the shade popped so much it was surreal. It was as if the car was under lights everywhere it went.

- - - Updated - - -

It was 14 coats...

Back