• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So-Cal Detailing Day?

My car is in desperate need of a wash, clay, and wax...

would anyone be interested in doing some type of local detailing day?

maybe this way, people can personally see how good and easy to apply all of these these favored waxes really are!

and I'd love to learn a few new tricks myself...

My car is in desperate need of a wash, clay, and wax...

would anyone be interested in doing some type of local detailing day?

maybe this way, people can personally see how good and easy to apply all of these these favored waxes really are!

and I'd love to learn a few new tricks myself...

there's a guy on here that sets these up... I signed up for his news letter but forgot who he was :eek: anyway if I hear anything I'll post it here.

Last edited:
MeGuiars in Irvine has detail classes at their facility. Check on their website and sign up for a class. I've made arrangements with the local Adams Polish rep in Escondido for a detail class to be held on 2/25. IF anyone is interested in attending that class get back to me.

You know that is not a bad idea. I know the Meguire's, not that that is going to get me anything. They are quite well off and have many other interests. I, myself, would love to know more about this and have used their products almost exclusively. Looks like classes are Saturday and Thursday nights. As I work every Saturday, that would not work for me but i can stop in and see if the Thursday night gig might work. From the description all of the cars present get a little work done. Like one fender clay barred or a hood that gets polished. But they show YOU how to do it so that you can finish the car yourself. You get trained by their professionals. If there is interest I will set up a Thursday night class. Let me know.

JC....from my past experience they usually pick ONE or TWO cars to take into the bays (looking for a car with swirls in the paint), mark off the trunk with a tape line, and show you how to clean, clay, polish, wax one side, leaving the other side for comparison. After they demonstrate they will turn you loose with the tools and help you finish the other side, giving everyone a chance to work on one of the two cars in the bays.

I'm still good with that. I would like to learn to better take care of my paint and hang with my brethren and sister NSX'rs. Congregation do I hear an Amen?

Anyone know of a good place to pay for a full treatment? (compound, polish, wax etc)

My buddy and I invested in the Adam's Polish kit with the porter cable polisher. It took about a day each to do our cars but the results were incredible. All of the swirls are out of my car and it looks brand new again. I dont know anyone out here who does this which is why I did it myself.

For you DIY'ers its worth the investment and you learn a lot from the video's.

Last edited:
My buddy and I invested in the Adam's Polish kit with the porter cable polisher. It took about a day each to do our cars but the results were incredible. All of the swirls are out of my car and it looks brand new again. I dont know anyone out here who does this which is why I did it myself.

For you DIY'ers its worth the investment and you learn a lot from the video's.

how much to drop off my car and do it for me? lol

+1 and no LOL for me, I'm serious!!!

I have to admit its worth doing yourself, Someone had back up in to my car on Superbowl Sunday and left a good size scratches on my front Bumper and hood. After 1hr of doing hard labor almost 95% of it came off. This is the first and last time Im doing this hard labor detailing JOB! :eek:

Anyone know of a good place to pay for a full treatment? (compound, polish, wax etc)

Hi,
I own a carwash & detail service in Los Angeles. Please send me a pm if you are interested in the carwash, claybar, paint correction and wax.

If you're lazy and don't want to do it yourself ( and I do agree that it's "therapy" ).........Lloyds in Carlsbad will do clay, polish, wax----actually a 5 step process for about $150. You can sometimes find coupons for $99. http://www.lloydsdetailing.com/home.nxg

Back