• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

so...I bought a comptech intake...will this work? NA1 "vs" NA2? Differences?

so...I bought a comptech intake...will this work? NA1 "vs" NA2? Differences?

I bought a comptech air box complete except for the lid which is sold seperately. The listing didnt say what year the car was for, so I didnt realize that there was a difference in the NA1 and NA2 intakes. My car is a 98....I checked the guys profile and he has a 94 NSX. What is the difference in a comptech Carbon fiber intake on an NA1 "vs" NA2...

I guess my question is this: Can I modify a Comptech intake made for a 91-96 work on a 98 year model or should I just post it and resale it? Thanks in advance.

Re: so...I bought a comptech intake...will this work? NA1 "vs" NA2? Differences?

T top OEM air box is shaped differently to hold the T cover. You can put it on to see if it will work. I put a Mugen AIS and did not have any issues.

Re: so...I bought a comptech intake...will this work? NA1 "vs" NA2? Differences?

I bought a comptech air box complete except for the lid which is sold seperately. The listing didnt say what year the car was for, so I didnt realize that there was a difference in the NA1 and NA2 intakes. My car is a 98....I checked the guys profile and he has a 94 NSX. What is the difference in a comptech Carbon fiber intake on an NA1 "vs" NA2...

I guess my question is this: Can I modify a Comptech intake made for a 91-96 work on a 98 year model or should I just post it and resale it? Thanks in advance.

Couple of things here to note.
NA1 & NA2 correspond to the engine code and NOT the years of production.
NA1 was available all years from 1991-2005 (in 1997 & up it was in the Automatic transmission versions only).
NA2 was only available from 1997-2005 in the manual transmission cars.

T top OEM air box is shaped differently to hold the T cover. You can put it on to see if it will work. I put a Mugen AIS and did not have any issues.

For the Comptech box, the top of the air box (also called the "lid") is the same for all applications from 1991-2005 (so it is "Targa" independent).
The piece that changes is the bottom half and it has two applications:
1) 1991-1996
http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produ...mblyCarbonFiberNSX919/tabid/1011/Default.aspx
2) 1997-2005
http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produ...mblyCarbonFiberNSX970/tabid/1012/Default.aspx

Pictures from old Classifieds of people claiming 1991-1996 Comptech bottom boxes:
cf_airbox_91-96_002_800.jpg

DSC011271.JPG

IMG_1593.jpg

Pictures from old Classifieds of people claiming 1997-2005 Comptech bottom boxes:
attachment.php

attachment.php

They look the same in pictures to me, so I would just try it...

Last edited:

You sir have helped me greatly. After talking to CT Engineering, I have found exactly what you told me. The 91-96 NA1s are missing a component or something in the engine bay beside the fuel tank tube up against the bulk head. As you can see in the first few pics, it wraps around the fuel tube but on the NA2, there isn't enough room to wrap around, so I'll just have to cut it with my dremel. CT said that they all came out of the mold the same as the NA1s. They just modify each one that is for an NA2.

Your pics show me what needs to be done. I just wish there was a better pic of the 97+ maybe flipped over. That way I could see which lines to follow. The inner quarter panel piece is identical. I've already installed that piece.

I did the same thing and just received mine. Will look to see if i can figure out what needs to be cut but does anyone have the install instructions? Just looking at the two parts i don't see how it works.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Back