• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So I'm retiring the nsx from track duty

I love the nsx... it has treated me amazing well the past 7 years. It is officially going back to street duty...

I will be picking up a civic hatch with a gsr engine in it. In my opinion the civic is much more 'wall-able' than the nsx... that and the parts are insanely cheap!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for your help and assistance over the years... I could never have asked for a better experience..

cheers to all,
xavier

LOL! Not to hijack the thread but being from the Philippines, the term Ricer doesn't bother me. I tell them yup I like rice, I grew up around the stuff, and there's always a big bag of white rice at my house ready to be thrown in my rice cooker. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

PS It goes good with BBQ's :biggrin:

A track-prepped/tuned civic with GSR swap will most likely be just as fast and nimble as the NSX. Plus the fun factor of going balls out is priceless. I'm looking for a e36 M3 to retire the old NSX one day.

Gsr motor? Forget that and get an Integra TypeR motor/trans from Japan and then you'll kick some rice :biggrin:

lol.. you guys are a trip... thanks ak.... funny thing is that I still have your exhaust on my car =P

Too bad I broke EVERY chin spoiler you gave me.. :tongue:

A track-prepped/tuned civic with GSR swap will most likely be just as fast and nimble as the NSX. Plus the fun factor of going balls out is priceless. I'm looking for a e36 M3 to retire the old NSX one day.

Yeah that's my thing... I've had a great run in the nsx and imo I got to live a dream that so few ever could. It was my dream car when I was 16 and at this point I think the car is irreplaceable (mainly due to dream of owning one and then doing what the car was designed to do).

Now I figure I get to drive a hatchback and go balls out with little remorse as to the consequences (besides personal safety) of driving all out.

cheers,
x

Now I figure I get to drive a hatchback and go balls out with little remorse as to the consequences (besides personal safety) of driving all out.

cheers,
x
you are gonna have a lot of fun tracking a civic hatch and not caring what happens to it really. good luck with it

Why not just put 250,000 miles on it and keep going,,, I will Never sell my NSX,, its considered an Family Jewel,, will be passed down from generation to generation,, My NSX is #415 of 1992,, She is my precious precious,,

Why not just put 250,000 miles on it and keep going,,, I will Never sell my NSX,, its considered an Family Jewel,, will be passed down from generation to generation,, My NSX is #415 of 1992,, She is my precious precious,,
it would be kinda hard to reach 250,000 if he threw the NSX into a wall or messes it up in any way. if he does that to the civic its not really a big deal

I think you've made a great decision. I've decided to pull my car from track duty (I think). If I had the vehicular storage space, I'd have a race prepped miata, but sadly, I don't. I may autocross the NSX and I'll take my SRT8 to the dragstrip once or twice. :)

On the other hand, you never know, I may be out in the NSX next year... :wink:

are you going to join Scca or NASA?? as much as I love my nsx, it's really not a good platform as a wheel to wheel race car. Ask John@Microsoft all about it. Nsx made a nice track car, or time attack car if you have a shop cough cough Billy/FXMD..:tongue: Then again if you have wallet as deep as Kip and have Shad in speed dial...Sky is the limit.

Don't give up on nsx, keep it the way it is; I believed you will enjoy going back and forth from time to time.

I also in the camp of why GSR engine?? K20 or K24 is the way to go if you can spend a little more. more torque, and more durable.

Well I took a look at the GSR and it saddens me to see the quality of some people's work... it was a @#|+ kicker.. and that was being polite... My idea was to get a moderately quick car and then do all I have to do to make it happen... well plans changed in a weird.. but good.. way...

I ended up buying this:
DSC02694.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

Here's the deal:
1991 Honda CRX Si - Currently numbered #133

- Clean title
- 15X,XXX original miles on the chassis
- NASA Logbooked (not currently annualled - haven't raced this year)
- Have all parts needed to make this car SCCA ITA legal (only a few items required)

ENGINE/TRANS:

- OBD0 zdyne ecu
- OPM clutch type LSD
- 4.7 final drive
- stock block rebuilt by previous owner with new bearings, rings, etc.
- head shaved and port matched (as allowable by HC rules)
- DC Sports 4-2-1 header
- Turn down exhaust

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

- PIC Select R3 Coilovers (10k front, 14k rear)
- no sway bars
- spherical radius rod bushings
- steel braided brake lines
- Hawk blue Front Brake Pads (used)
- Duralast Rear Brake Pads (used)

BODY

- Rolled fenders
- brake ducts integrated into front bumper facia

MISC

- Custom Roll Cage with Driver's Side NASCAR door bars.
- SFI roll cage padding
- Kirkey 16" aluminum seat with pads
- MOMO steering wheel
- Ultra Lap XT Lap Timer w/ beacon
- AMB 12v wired transponder
- Handheld halon extinguisher
- Longacre electrical kill switch
- GForce Pro 5 pt cam lock harness
- Driver's side window net
- Inside Driver's side net (not installed
- 1 Set Rotas 15x7 +40 offset wheels - red
- 225/45/15 Toyo RA1's that are fairly old on above
- 2 Sets BFA 15x6.5 +35 offset wheels - black with machined silver lip
- 225/45/15 Toyo RA1's with plenty of life on first set above
- 205/50/15 Toyo RA1's with plenty of life on second set above (these are full treaded for rain)
- extended lugs with lightweight aluminum lug nuts
- correct spacers for all sets of wheels

SPARES

- spare set of kunckles/hubs with extended lugs
- spare set of control arms
- spare set of radius rods
- spare longblock dissassembled ready for machine shop/reassembly
- spare alternator
- spare fenders
- spare front bumper (needs minor work but is usable as it sits)
- spare rear bumper
- many many other miscellaneous spare parts

Car was owned by Sam Myers - Mid West Honda Challenge Series Director and built by Kevin from Ruckracing (well respected builder, 2008/2009 ITA AARC Champion).... the car was also in the 2007 NASA nationals...

As far as the look I intend to pretty much strip all the stickers off of it.... I have a buddy who owns a decal shop and we intend to wrap the whole car... :biggrin:

I bounced around with what to get and for what I'm paying, this car is an amazing deal... and the funny thing about all this is that my roommate is in PTE also for our NASA region..... we get to compete (or work together) in the class.. I'm sure that'll make life quite interesting :)

As far as the comment on bouncing between the nsx and this one.. i'm quite sure you're correct.... it'll be fun to occasionally go back to my education car and enjoy it.. :)

wish me luck!
cheers,
x

I love the CRX. They are an awesome little car. Good thing they did not have too much hp; otherwise I probably would not be here today :rolleyes: We used to run them flat out around the city back in the day. (before it was considered 'street racing')

That looks like it is going to be a great track car :smile:

Ha! I saw that CRX on HT the past few months, good buy!

I too am retiring my NSX and will possiblly sell it in hopes of building the ultimate NASA H2 car. I've already bought 2 chassis's and one is already being prepped, but still alot of work to go.

I do agree that the NSX is just awesome to run at the track at 9.9/10ths but the nerves do get to me when Evo's and Mustangs start banging it out in front of me!.

Good luck with the new purchase and have fun out there!

I'm with ya. Everytime I hit the oval in my NSX I pray for safe passage. That wasn't the case in my E36 M3. I just like this car too much to lose it. But the street just isn't the track and this car begs to be driven fast. I guess I'll just have to tone it down and let those pesky Vettes and Porsches by. Happy Motoring!

hey xavier, good luck with the new car. totally understand your decision, i'm just bummed you didn't join the spec e30 ranks so we could go head to head!

jason

I hear ya bud.... I went round and round on the decisions and in the end I honestly just couldn't bear to sell the nsx. I also knew I wanted to stick with a Honda engine since I'm already real familiar with them. Overall, I know for a fact I'd end up regretting selling it (if I did) and never taking the time to buy another one.

Good luck out there!

The CRX was my first 2 seater car. Had a 87 CRX Si when I was in college, and have always like the CRX.

Back