• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So many scamers on ebay

Is it my imagination , doesn't it seem like every 4 th car on ehay is a scam with the BIN crap. Check out the orange widebody 4 $7900:frown:

ceeya32 said:
Check out the orange widebody 4 $7900:frown:
Isn't that Prime member JDMnsxR 's car?

From the Prime photo gallery:
8573nsx21.jpg

From the scumbag scammers for sale photos:
3f_1.JPG

Same car.:biggrin:

copyright you 'ish...

I guess maybe start using water-marks more exclusively, and w/ humor?!? :redface:

Ex.
Maybe script one of your mass-mail email addies w/ a short message: "private image, contact if viewed"...

wm0yo.jpg

Otherwise, I know of some websites that have a preference in the profile as to whether or not to permit an image to be downloaded.

JDMnsxR sold that car a while back. He still posts and hopefully he'll get another NSX soon enough. As his rides are sick!:biggrin:

ceeya32 said:
Is it my imagination , doesn't it seem like every 4 th car on ehay is a scam with the BIN crap. Check out the orange widebody 4 $7900:frown:

What is interesting about the recent scams like this is that they are using legitimate ebay accounts as the seller. They must have hacked a bunch of ebay accounts.

mindretch said:
They must have hacked a bunch of ebay accounts.
Or maybe people have clicked on a fake reply hyperlink (bogus email), and entering their PW, thinking they were following a legit eBay directive.

Yes, it is insane how much of this is going on. About a year ago, I was getting a bunch of ebay spoof emails, that looked legit, that asked for account information etc...I was able to glance at the redirect where the information was being sent...did a little research, and of course, it is in another country.

Anyways, just this morning, got another fax at my bank saying that the Head of Delegation to the World Bank in West Africa has $25 million bla bla bla.

Amazing! Crooks will stop at nothing. :mad:

Same thing happened to me with ebay, said they had to update info. I clicked on and needless to say I had to change checking accounts!

i use ebay alot and i haven't had complaints until now. Everyday i get emails saying my paypal account needs to be updated or somebody in the UK says they sent me $500 for a phone. Ebay only uses ebays mailing system to email you ex. my ebay and messages. Most of the account updates are scams, never update through theses emails. always go directly to the site. It is becoming a PITA!!!! do apple users have these issues??

Every vehicle I find and like anymore seems to have a "salvage title"

I'm starting to think these are katrina flood cars because when I email the seller they always say "we just got this but the previous owner didn't state any damage, it was a theft recovery" or something like that. Two or three people have given me that same answer :redface:

I wish I could just find what I'm looking for locally.

I've been scammed multiple times in multiple forms. When you own a business, you become a bigger target.

I started Siam Motors not too long ago as a company I would use to buy/sell cars which I have done on the side since I was in college.

I've been very careful, but still it happens because there is a hole in every process. When someone promises you to wire transfer money into your account, the same information they are given can be used to print fake checks from your account. Sounds like something the bank would easily catch, but in my case they didn't until money was drained out.

Fake Checks were computer printed and signed. Name was not even a person's signature. The information you gave them to wire you money can be used to print information on the checks from your account. Good reason to use paypal here. Have them setup the account if they want to do business with you. I wouldn't recommend ever giving out your bank information in today's age.

Things are easier now as I have sold over 10 cars on ebay, and a lot more of other products. I've sold J's Racing ITB's OER ITB's for a Type R:biggrin:

There is always a small amount of trust involved to do a transaction that allows you to complete transactions. This is even more true in a transaction that is a "deal" because you have to move quick on these.

I hesitated once with an offer to buy an NSX for 20,000 back in 1997 from this suspicious guy in Colorado. He says he lost money in gambling and he needs the money that day handling over the title and car. I hesitated long enough for some one else to snag the deal. He was telling the truth.:mad:

Back