• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So we were sitting in the bar, having a beer...

Meeyatch1 said:
Kind of reminds me of when life was simple....being little and getting excited enough about small stuff to wake up early and still watch cartoons and play with friends....or in this kids case, ride in an NSX. ;)

I miss those days... now I gotta buy a $5000 exhaust system to be happy. Someone with an FXX please come and make my day. I will get up early for a ride. :tongue:

A sad postscript

When I wrote the original story, I didn't mention the barmaid's boyfriend. He wasn't there when we took off for the ride, but had arrived at the bar before we returned. She introduced me to him in a fairly short and perfunctory way and about all I remembered of him was negative impressions. The guy wasn't smiling and didn't seem happy about anything. At the time I figured he was just a sourpuss and perhaps a bit unhappy to show up to find his girl out joyriding with some old fart in a sports car.

No big deal at the time. I actually rather enjoy pissing people like that off.

Yesterday's paper brought a truly unpleasant surprise. It seems the boyfriend took issue with some other guy after the bar closed a couple nights ago and shot him dead in the parking lot. The barmaid was present and slightly wounded in the attack as well. Reports indicate the couple had been having problems and jealousy could be a factor.

WTF is wrong with people? Sorry bastard - I hope he suffers in prison. A lot. Dianne and I will keep our ears open and if/when she returns to work will try to cheer her up if we can.

Bastard. :(

Re: A sad postscript

bodypainter said:
When I wrote the original story, I didn't mention the barmaid's boyfriend. He wasn't there when we took off for the ride, but had arrived at the bar before we returned. She introduced me to him in a fairly short and perfunctory way and about all I remembered of him was negative impressions. The guy wasn't smiling and didn't seem happy about anything. At the time I figured he was just a sourpuss and perhaps a bit unhappy to show up to find his girl out joyriding with some old fart in a sports car.

No big deal at the time. I actually rather enjoy pissing people like that off.

Yesterday's paper brought a truly unpleasant surprise. It seems the boyfriend took issue with some other guy after the bar closed a couple nights ago and shot him dead in the parking lot. The barmaid was present and slightly wounded in the attack as well. Reports indicate the couple had been having problems and jealousy could be a factor.

WTF is wrong with people? Sorry bastard - I hope he suffers in prison. A lot. Dianne and I will keep our ears open and if/when she returns to work will try to cheer her up if we can.

Bastard. :(

What an awful postscript to a great story. Sad.

whoa...i guess this would be a bad time to ask dianne if she wants to go on a little cruise @ nsxpo...:wink:
murder for any reason sucks.
tragic story here:frown:
jim, your encounter was & still is, a great tale, & i hope kelly does ok. you guys, too.

Last edited:
Great story...your a great person for letting her drive the car. I don't think there are that many NSX owners will let a stranger drive their car after they've met them for 5 mintues.:smile:

my1stnsx said:
Great story...your a great person for letting her drive the car. I don't think there are that many NSX owners will let a stranger drive their car after they've met them for 5 mintues.:smile:

If you're going to "skip" a book, consider abbreviating the middle portion. The beginning and ending are usually most critical to understanding what is going on. This thread -- no different. :rolleyes:

That is one creepy story.

I was at a jazz club and I met a guy who couldn't stop raving about my car. After the show I took him for a ride. He was so impressed that I did the same as you, I offered him the keys. He was "jazzed". But I haven't checked the papers lately to see if he's still alive...

Thank god the guy didnt see you driving by with her in the car. He might have started taking shots at you:eek:

So many wacko's in this world

Modernceo said:
Wow !
Bodypainter your a hell of a guy.
And your wife is awesome for being so open,and trusting of you.

Congratulations !

uhhh...did you not read the entire thread????

regarding sjones post (off topic) I would love to be on that road in my nsx!
last time in the excursion4x4 full of kids going rafting, and all I could think about was how to get my car there. would almost be worth the drive from here (10 hours). should be kind of cold there today!

Very sad story. No one deserves to be shot.

On the other hand. I don't do drugs. None of my friends do drugs. Usually people who don't do drugs don't hang around with people who do. The world is a whole different place for those who are invovled in the drug scene. I bet there is more to this story of why someone was shot. 99% of the murders I hear about involve drugs or people who use drugs.

steveny said:
On the other hand. I don't do drugs. None of my friends do drugs. Usually people who don't do drugs don't hang around with people who do. The world is a whole different place for those who are invovled in the drug scene. I bet there is more to this story of why someone was shot. 99% of the murders I hear about involve drugs or people who use drugs.

This shooting had nothing to do with drugs! The poor guy had just moved there! The paper reported that guy who got killed had previously been caught for cocaine possession, that's all! It didn't say when, it may have been 10 years ago! But when he was caught, he was not dealing!

All he was doing was protecting this poor girl from getting bashed up again from her EX-boyfriend. And from the amunition found in his car it seems that he was intent on more than just bashing her up again! Maybe he planned on killing her???

Eyewitness reports that he was just protecting the girl!... What would you do if you saw a guy beating a girl up in the carpark? :mad:

AU_NSX said:
This shooting had nothing to do with drugs! The poor guy had just moved there! The paper reported that guy who got killed had previously been caught for cocaine possession, that's all! It didn't say when, it may have been 10 years ago! But when he was caught, he was not dealing!

All he was doing was protecting this poor girl from getting bashed up again from her EX-boyfriend. And from the amunition found in his car it seems that he was intent on more than just bashing her up again! Maybe he planned on killing her???

Eyewitness reports that he was just protecting the girl!... What would you do if you saw a guy beating a girl up in the carpark? :mad:

Or maybe the guy who shot him was all f...ed up on drugs and over reacted to his jelousy and shot the guy. So like I said drugs were involved.

AU_NSX said:
What would you do if you saw a guy beating a girl up in the carpark? :mad:

Well first of all I would not "hang out" with someone else's girlfriend, especially if her boyfriend was crazy. Secondly, I try to stay away from bars or other places/events where people who have a different lifestyle than me gather together. Lastly if I did do either of the above I would be carrying.
But to answer your question, if it was someone I did not know, I would do nothing, my life is more valuable!

Flame suit on.

steveny said:
Or maybe the guy who shot him was all f...ed up on drugs and over reacted to his jelousy and shot the guy. So like I said drugs were involved.

Well first of all I would not "hang out" with someone else's girlfriend, especially if her boyfriend was crazy. Secondly, I try to stay away from bars or other places/events where people who have a different lifestyle than me gather together. Lastly if I did do either of the above I would be carrying.
But to answer your question, if it was someone I did not know, I would do nothing, my life is more valuable!

Flame suit on.

I would walk over and yell STOP. Then I would ask the girl if she wanted to get away from the guy, and basically let her walk away to the bar or whatever to make a phone call or figure out a different way home.

If she is stupid and refuses and she wants to still be with the guy I would tell him not to ever to that in public.

This is a very sad story. It's more scary to me because I would do something, and I could very well be the one who got shot :/

steveny said:

Flame suit on.

Agreed 100%

You want to be a hero? Go join the military.

It's a damn shame this kind of thing happens.

Philip

steveny said:

Flame suit on.

After thinking about this through the day I would like to add....
If I was drunk and/or under the influence of drugs, had nothing to lose, and someone put there nose where it didn't belong, and I had a gun. Someone would get shot.

real painful.

steveny said:
Flame suit on.

steveny said:
After thinking about this through the day I would like to add....
If I was drunk and/or under the influence of drugs, had nothing to lose, and someone put there nose where it didn't belong, and I had a gun. Someone would get shot.
with thinking like that, you will need a fireproof outfit for an eternity with the man downstairs....:rolleyes:

still a sad storytest yourself here...

Re: real painful.

jalnjr said:
with thinking like that, you will need a fireproof outfit for an eternity with the man downstairs....:rolleyes:

still a sad storytest yourself here...

I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for. But in my heart, I believe that what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven.

Back