• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Solicitations for NSXPO2009

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the NSXCA Board of Directors is now accepting bids for venues of NSXPO 2009. If you want a future NSXPO to be held close to your locale, now is the time to put together a proposal to make that happen.

NSXPO2008 has been awarded and will be held in Portland OR. from September 26-30, 2008. The deadline for the submission of bids for NSXPO2009 is February 28, 2008, and the venue will be decided upon by April 30, 2008. The board reserves the right to modify the deadlines if the situation warrants it.

For proper consideration, and to increase the chances of getting your proposal approved, here are some of the things that we are looking for, in no particular order:

1. A good overview of the event, a vision of how you would like it to happen.
2. Target date
3. A feasibility study of the area, which includes but is not limited to:
a. Which track(s) are you looking into renting?
b. What are your chances of actually getting the track rented on your targeted dates?
c. A survey of different hotels for possible use as event HQ, including rates.
d. A description of the area where the event will be held, including the expected weather that time of the year, airline and airport accessibility, presence of good driving roads, etc.
4. A tentative schedule of events.
5. Proposed organization of event leadership, and planning committee. It is reasonable to expect that whoever submits the proposal, he/she/they will take an active role in the planning of this event, and are committed to making this happen.

Past NSXPO solicitations will be made available for those seeking to review former accepted proposals. Please contact the NSXCA Board at [email protected]

There are two ways you can submit your proposals. The first is via email, bysending it as an MS WORD document attachment to the NSXCA Board at: [email protected] or via postal mail to:

NSXCA
PO Box A3416
Chicago, IL 60690-3416

If you are sending your proposal via postal mail, it is appreciated if you can submit 10 copies, for distribution to the various board members.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Larry Bastanza
President, NSXCA
On behalf of the Board of Directors

fingers crossed for Watkins Glen, NY or anywhere in California:biggrin:

fingers crossed for Watkins Glen, NY or anywhere in California:biggrin:
Crossing your fingers and hoping that it will be in a given location isn't going to help. That's the whole idea behind soliciting proposals - the decision isn't based on who (or how many people) want(s) it near them, but on who is willing to do the work to make it happen.

Crossing your fingers and hoping that it will be in a given location isn't going to help. That's the whole idea behind soliciting proposals - the decision isn't based on who (or how many people) want(s) it near them, but on who is willing to do the work to make it happen.

Is that how it works, I had no idea. Thought you just made a wish, like when you blow out your candles.:biggrin: Over 5000 posts and 4 straight NSXPO's...I was just saying:rolleyes:

I figured I'd just throw Indianapolis in for good measure.

1.) Putnum Park Sports Car track right outside of town
2.) Indianapolis Raceway Park (1/4 mile day!)
3.) Brickyard (easy to schedule tour lap and group photo on the bricks)
4.) Renovated downtown (nightlife area... especially monument circle)
5.) Absolutely awsome roads south of Indy for group drive
6.) Weak local economy means the rates are good at the hotels :)

I understand that it being in Columbus this year would make it a stretch to have another in the midwest 24 months later, but maybe a consideration for 2010?

I understand that it being in Columbus this year would make it a stretch to have another in the midwest 24 months later, but maybe a consideration for 2010?
If you're asking what the past history has been, the closest that the same region has hosted NSXPO was three years apart, with NSXPO '98 in Ohio and NSXPO 2001 in Wisconsin. So yes it's possible, but again, only if a planning committee steps up with a proposal. ;)

Those who aren't familiar with IRP, they have a pretty decent road course there in addition to the dragstrip. So it would be possible to have track events at two different tracks. (There is prior precedent for that, too, at NSXPO 2002 in Texas.)

I instruct at Putnam Park at two events every year, the third weekend in April with Hoosier Chapter BMW CCA and the last weekend in August with Windy City Chapter BMW CCA.

Houston has 3 tracks with in 20-40 miles of the city and long highways 4-6 lanes for a little fun but , the roads suck in the city.8)

Has NSXPO ever been held at Vegas? They've got Parump and Spring Mountain tracks, the drag strip up north, an organized and active NSX club, the Factor X shop, and more things to do, hotel rooms and hosting locations then you can shake a stick at. Plus it's close to California, so turnout should be good.

Has NSXPO ever been held at Vegas? They've got Parump and Spring Mountain tracks, the drag strip up north, an organized and active NSX club, the Factor X shop, and more things to do, hotel rooms and hosting locations then you can shake a stick at. Plus it's close to California, so turnout should be good.

No way for Vegas, that just spells TROUBLE.:biggrin:

No one in SoCal would disagree! :biggrin:

Has NSXPO ever been held at Vegas?
We would answer the question, but you know what they say about what happens in Vegas...

Seriously, though, it has not been held in Vegas. It was most recently held in the club's Southwest Region in 2005, in Phoenix.

They've got Parump and Spring Mountain tracks
Spring Mountain is the track near Pahrump.

It would be nice if the Canadians would resubmit Mont Tremblant. I am going back there this year to ski again and it would be a truly beautiful location for drives and such.

I'd like to see it in Vegas. I'd go.

Vegas was submitted for 2007 NSXPO :biggrin:
Some events planned were
Spring Mountain in Pahrump Nevada
Las Vegas Motor Speedway 1/4 Mile fun/times/competition,
FactorX pee your pants rides
Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix Go Karting
as well as many other unmentionables you get yourselves into.

SoCal and Vegas NSX clubs/groups were all on board (a large, large number came forward - kudos). Not sure if everyone is going to have the same enthusiasm 2 years later.

It would be nice if the Canadians would resubmit Mont Tremblant. I am going back there this year to ski again and it would be a truly beautiful location for drives and such.

There was a belief that not enough members would attend making it a money loser for the club. Too bad, it was a great proposal for an unbelievable location.

There are some great BMW club track events there annually. I've tagged along on them and had a great time. It would be nice to see more NSXs there!

Vegas would require me taking at least 2 weeks off of work. Minimum.

Josh, and dont forget no activities before noon.:biggrin:

Questions:
If NSXPO is in Canada is it a NSXCA event?
Is there a NSXCC?
Would that make it open for a Europeon NSXCA NSXPO too?

if team Canada wins, it is still a CA event. All of CC's exec are also CA members. The submission would go in as CA members, and we would accomplish the event by drawing upon all of our resources, including CC members, and beer of course!

Im up for Amsterdam XPO next!

The dreamer in me often wishes it would be cool to hold a NSXPO event in Dubai with some sort of shipping deal on flying cars over from the states...costly I know but I'm a dreamer!

VEGAS would be great and fun to attend. The Canadians need to step up and hold one either at Mosport or Mont Tremblant....

Jetpilot

The dreamer in me often wishes it would be cool to hold a NSXPO event in Dubai with some sort of shipping deal on flying cars over from the states...costly I know but I'm a dreamer!

VEGAS would be great and fun to attend. The Canadians need to step up and hold one either at Mosport or Mont Tremblant....

Jetpilot

Don't worry. A little birdy wispered in my ear "Build it and they will come.":wink:

NSXPO in Vegas would be HOT!!! I would do that drive to NSXPO!!!

Bryan

Back