• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some new pics of my Champ White NSX-R inspired X

Thanks for the positive comments...

You are exactly right... and I stand corrected after a re-checking the specs the rears are 18x10 not 10.5.

So are your wheels 10" or 10.5"?

Here's my old 19x10" Work Termist wheels with FK451s 275/30/19. You can see even those are stretched! (Then again, the 451s and 452s have known to be running narrower than most other tires)

Offset on those was +30 with no spacers.
IMG_1877_800.jpg

Side1.jpg

yah, scaransx's car is dope
nsxp.jpg

i like the look of a white nsxr "clone" as well.

props to you on making a nice nsxr clone

I have a question?
If you say you have a 18"*10" wheel with offset +35 and have a spacer on 25 to give it +10, if the wheel fit whithout spacer and dont hit any suspension, then you probably could have bought a 18"*11" wheel instead and could have 255 tire whith the same look as a result..

sorry for my bad english, im a swede.. ;)

why didnt you buy a 18"*11" wheel instead?

I like the look, have almost the same look on one of my cars.
Opel GT
215 on 8.5" front and 245 on 9.5" rear

We call it German style in sweden :) http://www.felgen-man.de/e36/Coupe/CL911-6.jpg
http://www.felgen-man.de/Treffen/E30/3.jpg

Last edited:
wow after a few members tried explain and after you tried to explained 20 + times. people still don't get it or understand...

anyways, ill comment again.

you got the right idea, but it just isn't working in my opinion. the fronts aren't aggressive enough to match the rears (or vis versa)

you got the right idea on trying to fix it too. but if you want to stay more aggressive then i would lower the car more and probably go up in a tire size and add camber for clearance.

So are your wheels 10" or 10.5"?

Here's my old 19x10" Work Termist wheels with FK451s 275/30/19. You can see even those are stretched! (Then again, the 451s and 452s have known to be running narrower than most other tires)

Offset on those was +30 with no spacers.
IMG_1877_800.jpg

Side1.jpg

10"... I rechecked the specs and stood corrected. :frown:

These are the fk 452... my car currently has some serious negative camber due to previously running 19s and also 20s on the rear being lowered ALOT...

This setup definitely still needs to be setup differently, im not questioning or doubting that. I just threw up a few quick pics of how it sits right now. I am definitely going to go with a different rear tire, but as for going any lower... it's impossible in the front and close to being lowered all the way in the rear.

Back to the drawing board I guess... haha atleast with the rear :redface:

Wow, I can't believe I never saw this thread before today. I almost cried when I saw that set up. 10" +35mm (which is almost perfect) With a 225 tire and a 25mm spacer!!!!!:eek:

Wow. To think that somewhere long ago, someone gave this advice to someone, and then to have people read those specs, and follow it.

The NSX is an exotic performance sports car, not a S14 Silvia drift car owned by a 16 year old. :mad:

I'm assuming with a normal +35mm offset??

not... +10 though?

Like I said, I may either run a smaller spacer in the future or just go with a 245 40 or 255 40. I know for a fact that 18x10.5 with a 275 is do-able on an nsx, I have done it many times before. All with a +35 offset though...

nsxmarch17019.jpg

Stretch tires are awesome, I agree on a +5mm spacer or so. That or get 'HELLA 20s' :D

Oh, and I was thinking of stretching my rear tires too, using 265's on a 10 inch wide wheel, but I was thinking that was kinda crazy!!! :biggrin:

By the way, your car looks great! I love it, but the stretch is a little extreme for me.

I ran the 265's on my 9.5" rear wheels and it did stretch a little bit. I didn't care for it because it provided no rim protection. Another reason I went to 285's. I'd like to run 9" rear wheels now though, so I can run 265's and still have the benefit of cheaper tires and rim protection. I couldn't imagine running something like a 225 on a 10" rim. 215 on my front 8" rim was too much stretch for me.

14601DSCF0004.JPG

14601DSCF0006.JPG

Simple as long as constructive suggestions are always welcome!!!

I do have the JDM NSX-R sidemarker lights I have also yet to install, as well as paint both front and rear valance inserts. I will also more than likely raising the car a bit and like I said probably 6 times now... go with either a smaller spacer in the rear and a larger tire. :cool:
Cool:smile:,

Just small items, look it you have already mentioned most of these and already have it planned anyway.

-JDM clear side marker
-paint front radiator guard/rear valence inserts (two items that probably makes the biggest difference)
-reinstalling wheel liners/fender guards assuming they still clear without rubbing.
-Carbon fiber or black rear license plate
-Rear diffuser

Optional-
Removing R-stickers. Functional while improving the look FTW, poser stickers or emblems FTL. Make a conversion, not replica.

Really badass ride overall. Keep up the great work.

good thing you don't live close by, if I drive your car, you can kiss your rims good bye (or the whole car) in 2 minutes.

Not sure which tire you are using, 225/40/18 is usually recomment to fit 9 inch rims maximum by safety measure. Yes, some grassroot drift guy set up their cars that way, the reason no top Drifter use the stretch set up is that the grassroot guy could use a wrong taller used tires on their rim for practices, they don't care if they chip/break their inexpensive rims, and, if the tire blew or come off (which they could use up 2-3 sets in one day), they have another couple sets of used tires waiting to be slapped on.

I do know the other 2 groups who likes stretch tires and they generally drive rear slow, even speed limit on the highway is marginal Safe for them....
1. the lowriders 2. Euro Poser who didn't have money to put a right offset rims nor rolling fenders...

Seriously, since those tires are still new and common size for fwd cars, please just buy some 265 and sell the 225. This is not a question of too narrow for the car, it's way too narrow for the rim.

good thing you don't live close by, if I drive your car, you can kiss your rims good bye (or the whole car) in 2 minutes.

Not sure which tire you are using, 225/40/18 is usually recomment to fit 9 inch rims maximum by safety measure. Yes, some grassroot drift guy set up their cars that way, the reason no top Drifter use the stretch set up is that the grassroot guy could use a wrong taller used tires on their rim for practices, they don't care if they chip/break their inexpensive rims, and, if the tire blew or come off (which they could use up 2-3 sets in one day), they have another couple sets of used tires waiting to be slapped on.

I do know the other 2 groups who likes stretch tires and they generally drive rear slow, even speed limit on the highway is marginal Safe for them....
1. the lowriders 2. Euro Poser who didn't have money to put a right offset rims nor rolling fenders...

Seriously, since those tires are still new and common size for fwd cars, please just buy some 265 and sell the 225. This is not a question of too narrow for the car, it's way too narrow for the rim.

It has nothing to do with not having money or buying tires!! I have a set of brand new 275 30's here brand new off a different set of wheels.

I do expect all of you to blow up SCARANSX's thread with your concerns though... for how many times you all continue to post this!!!!!! :redface:

Cool:smile:,

Just small items, look it you have already mentioned most of these and already have it planned anyway.

-JDM clear side marker
-paint front radiator guard/rear valence inserts (two items that probably makes the biggest difference)
-reinstalling wheel liners/fender guards assuming they still clear without rubbing.
-Carbon fiber or black rear license plate
-Rear diffuser

Optional-
Removing R-stickers. Functional while improving the look FTW, poser stickers or emblems FTL. Make a conversion, not replica.

Really badass ride overall. Keep up the great work.

Very good constructive suggestions!!!
Definitely plan on painting the inserts... the liners will go back in once I raise it up which will be sooner than later.... license plate is also a good idea, and the diffuser I have been looking into. I'm actually going to go with the orange JDM NSX-R side markers I already have purchased... not much for clear lights myself.

As for removing the R-stickers... possibly. Not going for a poser look, IMO it goes with the theme of the car although I have also considered completely losing the nsx-r spoiler in favor for the oem one, and painting the roof championship white as well. I guess time will tell, I'm always changing this thing around!!

Very good constructive suggestions!!!
Definitely plan on painting the inserts... the liners will go back in once I raise it up which will be sooner than later.... license plate is also a good idea, and the diffuser I have been looking into. I'm actually going to go with the orange JDM NSX-R side markers I already have purchased... not much for clear lights myself.

As for removing the R-stickers... possibly. Not going for a poser look, IMO it goes with the theme of the car although I have also considered completely losing the nsx-r spoiler in favor for the oem one, and painting the roof championship white as well. I guess time will tell, I'm always changing this thing around!!

You also have to see if you can align the hood until its flush with the bumper

Nice paint! Why the STTTTTTRETCH? That's really....unsafe.

My buddy Zishan is slammed 3" or so. He runs 19x10 rear wheels w/ 275/30/19 tires, no spacers. He doesn't rub. I'm guessing you're worried about bashing in the rear fenders right? Well lose those rear spacers and that issue will be no more. You've already got perfect fitment without them and it'll allow you to lose those abnormal sizes you're considering for those 10.5" rims.

41394139DSC01731.jpg

Why guys in japan been running stretched tires on drift cars forever, Most are making in the high 300-400hp range, what's wrong with running a stretched tire on a car that barely makes 270 to the wheels n/a? It's not like the lack of tire is that big of a lost on the pavement.

Why guys in japan been running stretched tires on drift cars forever, Most are making in the high 300-400hp range, what's wrong with running a stretched tire on a car that barely makes 270 to the wheels n/a? It's not like the lack of tire is that big of a lost on the pavement.

So I'm guessing it's the "cool" thing to do in American now, because they do it in Japan? (still waiting for a bonified reason why stretching is done)

It's not the horsepower that's the problem, it's the fact that that it's stretched outside the safe parameters. Has nothing to do with horsepower.

why limit the flushness and wheel fitment to 240/silvias? this has nothing to do with type of auto. i know infinite/lexus/audi/bmw guys who do it also.

A reason to stretch? some people like the fitment and flushness that only stretched tire will achieve.

why limit the flushness and wheel fitment to 240/silvias? this has nothing to do with type of auto. i know infinite/lexus/audi/bmw guys who do it also.

A reason to stretch? some people like the fitment and flushness that only stretched tire will achieve.

very well put!!! some people are too close minded to accept that though :biggrin: :wink:

very well put!!! some people are too close minded to accept that though :biggrin: :wink:

Flushness?

You do realize that when the suspension on the nsx is compressed, the camber is increased so the top of the tire is pulled inward correct?

Zishan's rear wheels are also "flush" or like someone mentioned about your rear wheels "sticks" out but yet he still runs a safe tire size.

Whatever floats your boat man. Just saying, there are better options without the unsafe sizes.

IMG_4207.jpg

Small fixes. Proper tire size for the rear and GruppeM fender flares.

Back