• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

somethings bent

Hit a curb hard on the passenger side and now the rear is bent. Passenger side is really bent and the driver side slightly also. Not sure if it is the control arm? Just wondering how much this is going to end up costing me :confused::eek:
I just bought these wheels from someone last month on prime so I have my old wheels still at least.

IMG_0281[1].jpgIMG_0284[1].jpgIMG_0285[1].jpg

Picture 2/3 shows the lower aluminum wishbone. It looks like it's arched. I think they're normally straight.. Looks expensive..

Picture 2/3 shows the lower aluminum wishbone. It looks like it's arched. I think they're normally straight.. Looks expensive..

i had the same issue last year. pot hole = 2 bent a arms. my rear lower cost 200.00 used and the lower front was 150.00 used. i have a good source for used suspension parts if you need them. just ask. very easy to replace too. took less than an hr for each one. did it on my garage floor.

the real question is a pot hole did this? never heard of this on an NSX happening. geez must have been a deep pot hole.

Im scared this will happen to mine here in Tampa our roads are the worst, When the president Bush Jr was here they asked him what he thought of tampa

he replied " fix your roads "

the real question is a pot hole did this? never heard of this on an NSX happening. geez must have been a deep pot hole.

Im scared this will happen to mine here in Tampa our roads are the worst, When the president Bush Jr was here they asked him what he thought of tampa

well mine was more like a speed bump on a 65mph 1 lane country road in north eastern oklahoma

so pic 3, bottom arm basically parallel with the tie-rod as it should be, picture 2 is obviously a bent bottom arm...

so a new one of them needed then to start with..... hunt for second hand, as new is expensive!!!!

Last edited:

That is from hitting a curb
I bent all four rims from pot holes.

Lower control arm is definitely bent looking from pic two.

You moved from Nola? The potholes there are some of the worst I have seen in the South. lol

Well the 2nd pic is a passenger side and 3rd is driver side.
How come they can't be just heated up and bent back?

At the very least you need #25 /26. I can't tell if anything else is bent or messed up from the pics. I would lift up the car and check for tie rod slack by moving the tire left to right. Then up and down for wheel bearing just to check in general.

If you want an OEM supplier for Honda parts(incase you aren't married to any place in particular) then talk to Auto Fair Honda out of Manchester, NH. The shipping will be quick to you, and they sell all OEM as well as some non OEM parts. They also will import from Japan if the OEM item is allowed for import. Ask for Colin and tell him Jonesy sent you. He will hook you up. They are all good guys there. Just trying to help.

- - - Updated - - -

I said the Nola comment because I thought you were SDuff with that picture. lol My mistake.

So I took it to Bernie and looks like both the front upper and lower and rear upper lower arms and knuckle broke. About 9 hours of labor plus alignment.
I'm glad I didn't get hurt or hurt someone else when I hit the curb. I bought the used rims which came with tires so one take away from it is that one needs to remember the used tires may take some time getting use to even though I've taken the same turn to go home over 1000 time before.

Back