• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

South East region NSXPO caravan/transport thread

All my friends in the South East, please post here for South East region NSXPO caravan/transport information.

Your transport coordinator is:
The one and only, Mark Hicks: [email protected]

Your caravan coordinator is:
TBD

Last edited:
Transportation on a car carrier:

I will coordinate arrangements for shipping cars.
This thread will now supercede The other discussions for the SE region.

Right now:
from FLA: NSXG35, NSXRAY (Chin)
From GA: NSXNUT, RACERX 21
from NC: ncdogdoc

We need several more serious players to make this happen. I've also cross posted to the S-central (Texas), to see about picking up more cars in Dallas, if necessary.
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE PM ME TO GET ON THIS LIST.

Thanks

Re: Transportation on a car carrier:

the nsxnut said:
I will coordinate arrangements for shipping cars.
This thread will now supercede The other discussions for the SE region.

Right now:
from FLA: NSXG35, NSXRAY (Chin)
From GA: NSXNUT, RACERX 21
from NC: ncdogdoc

We need several more serious players to make this happen. I've also cross posted to the S-central (Texas), to see about picking up more cars in Dallas, if necessary.
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE PM ME TO GET ON THIS LIST.

Thanks

We now have one more committment from another Atlanta owner, MOTORMIKE, that's 6 out of 10 needed, we are making progress!

Here is a recap on the current plan:

We are going to buy-out (rent the entire truck) a custom 10-car carrier. This rig is set-up specifically for low-ride height/long wheelbase loads. This carrier will start loading in FLA the weekend of Sept 27-28, then proceed to Atlanta for additional loading on Sept 29, then head west to arrive in Sonoma at the NSXPO site on Tues, Oct, 7th. The carrier and driver will wait at the destination until time to load-out and return, Oct 12th, and your car will arrive back at your starting point about a week later.
The cost to buy out the entire truck for the round-trip is $11,000, or about $1100 per car for 10 cars. The total expense will be shared equally among all 10 participants, regardless of your point of origin. Also, we will share the drivers per diem expenses while he is waiting to return, estimated to be about $100 per participant, so the total estimate for the round-trip is about $1200. I researched numerous possiblities, and the next closest quote was $1400 round-trip, NOT including driver's per diem. This is really the best value for cross-country shipping.

We gain economy by: buying out the whole truck for NSXs only. Minimmizing stops for loading by consolidating load locations. Paying for the driver to wait on-site, rather than drop us off and return empty.

There are still 4 openings available on this carrier. Please PM me to get in...

Peter Mills (NSXCA Northeast) is getting a truck together for the NY/Northeast area. He may have some good info for you.

Also, anyone in the mid-Atlantic might want to join either of these groups, depending on your location.

Dallas Possible?

Well, If you can swing through Dallas, I may be interested, and I know of at least one other Dallasite who may also be interested. HOWEVER, I only need the trip there, as the car will stay there for a few months. LMK if that won't work.

What day would the transporter want to pick up in Dallas?

JC Jammal

Yes, it looks like a stop can be made in Dallas to take on a couple more cars. It is on the way, so no changes to the route are needed. However, keep in mind that everyone on the carrier is sharing the total cost equally, so, there is not a one-way discount, unless you were able to broker your own space to someone else for the return. We are very interested in having some folks join us, but we have to maintain the integrity of the deal (buy out the entire truck, share expenses equally ten ways).

Thanks, but....

Mark,

Sounds fair enough, but it looks like it will be better for me to arrange my own one-way transport. Out of curiousity, what company are you using?

However, I have found a few others in Dallas who may be interested, and I pointed them to this forum. They will post according to their interest.

JC

I have arranged this load with www.carsarrive.com. They can arrange individual cars, of course. See my post in the SC forum for some baseline quotes on one-way to SFO. We have space remainng to to take on 2 more cars once the truck laeves ATL. For any owners in the southern tier of states who are going, here is your best deal for a round-trip. Contact me right away to confirm.

Jammaljc- I might be interested in buying your return half of the trip if you only want to ship it out. I am trying to put something together now, so it is contingent upon it working out. Just a thought..

Chris@SoS said:
All my friends in the South East, please post here for South East region NSXPO caravan/transport information.

Your transport coordinator is:
The one and only, Mark Hicks: [email protected]

Your caravan coordinator is:
TBD

Who are the coordinators this year and do the same costs apply :confused:

Last edited:
For caravan, I suggest that all SE drivers converge at DC area. There'll be 5-10 NSXers from DC area who will go to NSXpo this year. It'll be awesome to get all SE drivers together and caravan up to NY.

-ak

ak- Once you decide on a date/meeting point, let me know and I'll blast out a message to the mid-Atlantic email list. Maybe we'll have another DC-area get-together if some of the people coming thru will be spending the night in this area. I can probably provide overnight accomodations for a couple of people.

It is awesome that you guys are already getting excited about NSXPO... however, in the interest of avoiding some inevitable confusion, we need to start a fresh thread for 2004. Credit to 1TITENSX for digging up the old thread, but all the info above is regarding shipping to California, which is not relevant. I will open a new thread, and copy all these posts to it... I will help facilitate information for all interested parties in the SE. It is a great idea for local groups (DC, FLA, etc...) to put together plans, and then maybe we'll all convene on the way...

Back