• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C

Calling all local NSX owners! It has been a while since our last group showing at the Irvine Cars & Coffee. Having been to this great weekly car meet twice now, I couldn't wait to organize an NSX Prime special gathering. It took some doing, but I was able to reserve an area called the corral. This area accommodates about 40 cars. It is located just to the right as you enter the driveway of the north parking lot of the Ford Motor Company building.

Date: Saturday, January 31

The address is... 7905 Gateway Blvd., Irvine, in the Ford facility north parking lot. The south lot is for spectator parking. This is an early event that officially runs from 7-9 AM. All attending must begin to vacate the lot by 9 AM.

Please send your RSVP so I can get an accurate count of how many plan to attend. The best time to arrive is between 6-6:30 AM. Anyone arriving after 7 AM may not get a place to park in our reserved section. You will, however, be able to park in another place in the "car show" lot.

Note: This is an unsanctioned car meet. Although there is an official website at www.carsandcoffee.info, there is intentionally no address posted. The bottom line is, the organizers prefer to keep this event both low key and non-commercial. With some 500+ cars showing up each Saturday at the Ford Motor Company facility, they can't afford it getting too big. So, everyone's cooperation is requested to help keep this an informal community event of car enthusiasts.

PARADE ENTRANCE STAGING AREA
For those interested, a group will make a parade entrance into the C&C lot. We will meet at the Irvine Spectrum east parking structure on the roof level. This is one of two parking structures at the Spectrum and the one located off Gateway Blvd. just south of Fortune Drive. Here is a link to a map showing the exact location...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=33.653137,-117.744094&spn=0.004206,0.006866&t=h&z=17

Assembly will begin at 6:00 AM. We will depart from the roof level at exactly 6:25 AM. The Cars & Coffee venue is just north on Gateway about 2/3 of a mile away. Although a short parade run, we still have two other things to enjoy in addition to the Cars & Coffee event itself... some great photo opportunities on the roof and the awesome sound of perhaps 40 or so NSXs' roaring down the parking structure rampway. Please arrive early to allow time to get our cars staged and for taking photos.

=> See separate thread for the "breakfast roadtrip" following the C&C event. C&C officially ends at 9:00 AM, so that group will be departing at 9:30 AM.

I am looking forward to a big turnout. Weather permitting, see all you NSX guys there!

Cars & Coffee NSX Marque Reserved Parking Map - Here is a map showing our reserved parking spaces (in yellow). The corral is the section to the right as you enter the driveway from Gateway. These are the most prime parking areas of the C&C event!

NOTE: Our reserved parking area has been changed. See the separate notice I posted on January 26. We will still occupy the corral area. The big difference is that we will now utilize the Mazda lot vs. the row parking stalls of the Ford lot. I deleted the old link.

Here is a photo showing part of the corral area
CC110.jpg

A couple of pics I took before sun-up of the general gang arriving

Last edited:
Re: **Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C**

Sounds Good! I'll be there.

I'm in.

Last edited:

Plan on coming again. Will see if some Vegas guys can come down too

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79

should be there.

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91

I'm in

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G

Looks like we're off to a good start for a nice turnout. The link to the 2/3/07 PAG event and photos of that squadron of NSXs' is really impressive. The final meeting area in those photos is the same place as we will be meeting- the "corral" location of the Ford parking lot. I will be bringing my Canon camera on January 31 to take as many photos as I can. Don't know about hanging out the window for rolling shots, though.

I do like the idea of meeting-up somewhere to stage a group of cars for a parade entrance. Same as was done on Feb. 2007. That will mean meeting somewhere nearby at around 5:30-6 AM, perhaps a little hard core for most.

Go Prime!

Attachments

• My NSX at C&C 11:22:08.jpg
    My NSX at C&C 11:22:08.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T

Looks like we're off to a good start for a nice turnout. The link to the 2/3/07 PAG event and photos of that squadron of NSXs' is really impressive. The final meeting area in those photos is the same place as we will be meeting- the "corral" location of the Ford parking lot. I will be bringing my Canon camera on January 31 to take as many photos as I can. Don't know about hanging out the window for rolling shots, though.

I do like the idea of meeting up somewhere to stage a group of cars for a parade entrance. That will mean meeting somewhere nearby at around 5:30-6 AM. Perhaps a little hard core for most.

Go Prime!

Costco parking lot less then a mile away, maybe Anytime might join us then :biggrin:

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo

i get up at 5am every morning anyway ;)

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu

I'll sleep in my car the night before!

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy

Woo-hoo! Keep'em coming.

Hey, if I were a Simpson cartoon, I would resemble my car.

Last edited:

Added the #17 fellow who replied but wasn't on the list. Not sure you need an *exact* headcount tho?

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1

Last edited:

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy[/quote]
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. tpagannsx

17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. tpagannsx

Hey Tony! It's about time you replied. The corral area of the Ford facility north parking lot is going to resemble an NSX swimming pool.

PS. I hope things have gone smoothly following the loss of your mother-in-law.

Steve

Hey Steve!!! I wouldn't miss this event with all the NSXs showing up. And thank you for the kind words. Spoke with Brian @ Pro Speed and will be meeting him this Saturday morning at the shop. I'm scheduling the Stage 3 chip installation on Jan 10th. See you at the event!!!

Back