• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spotted silver '02+ on Throgs Neck Bridge

Heading South on 95 and then the Throgs Neck bridge at 6:00 PM last night. Anyone here?

I buzzed you in my P-Car.

Tytus

Heading South on 95 and then the Throgs Neck bridge at 6:00 PM last night. Anyone here?

I buzzed you in my P-Car.

Tytus

only 02+ Silver going toward the t-neck bridge is the Silver/Silver one on ebay right now that i know of around here.

Well that one and mine. If there is another please introduce yourself.

I have a 03 silver parked near the GW, but havnt touched her since the bear run.
Wish I was the one driving down the Throgs neck yest~
:smile:

I have a 03 silver parked near the GW, but havnt touched her since the bear run.
Wish I was the one driving down the Throgs neck yest~
:smile:

i thought of you but when i didnt hear the after market wheels i let it go.

what happened to you guys on the bear run?

? Is what happen to you guys, nice run be looks like we were all scattered

Bear was trip! Loved them twisties~
I was the last of the x's to line up but behind me was S2K and 350Z. After we saw the park auth going the other way about 30 min in, he made a u-turn and one by one, pulled over the two behind me. So not knowing whether an actual ticket was being summoned or not, didnt want to take the chance....Steve and I decided to veer off and lose the cop. Given we had no clue where the lunch stop was, we just headed south to NYC. As soon as we stopped over to a gas station a few exits down, a trooper followed us right in. We thought we were done! He asked if we were part of the 20 or so x's that was making a presence at Bear. I replied yes and said it was a annual club meet. He just starred at us and then as he drove away, said 'keep it under 50'. lol. phew!
We should def do it again! If it wasnt for the run, I would have not known how sick the x's handling was...cus i dont think i would have pushed her as hard as i did that day if it wasnt for trying to keep up with ya'll~ :)

Wow that was close our pack of 3 red X's were cop free but off topic how is that 2011 CR-Z gas mileage and handling, just wondering.

Steve and I decided to veer off and lose the cop. Given we had no clue where the lunch stop was, we just headed south to NYC. As soon as we stopped over to a gas station a few exits down, a trooper followed us right in. We thought we were done! He asked if we were part of the 20 or so x's that was making a presence at Bear. I replied yes and said it was a annual club meet. He just starred at us and then as he drove away, said 'keep it under 50'. lol. phew!

Yup. That was crazy! I thought we were done! One minute we were standing around laughing about how we got away, the next minute that trooper pulled up slowly and staring at us hard! Luckily he just drove off after some small talk.

I tried calling/texting Rich to warn him. I was pretty upset we had to leave unexpectedly because I was having a blast! Anyway, ssangkal and I finished up our cruise thru the streets of NYC...in bumper to bumper traffic :eek:

how is that 2011 CR-Z gas mileage and handling, just wondering.

Sorry for the late reply, havnt been on prime for awhile.
CR-Z has its perks but as a Hybrid, its lacking in gas mileage dept. The engine is pretty small and underpowered as it is, so one would think it would yield great mileage but once the sport mode is on (theres three settings: Sport, Normal, and Eco), it compared to a national average for a car of its size and weight. Problem is, any other mode feels like theres no power at all. I took the car on a nice trip and utilized cruise control majority of the way with eco as the setting, were able to get a decent 40 mpg.
Aside from disappointing expectations from the mileage dept, the car is a wonderful little machine. The six spd, nav, above average sound system, pretty instrument panels with slew of digital information about the car and the engine makes the driving experience live up to its futuristic sport hybrid hype. The handling was a good mixture of comfort and grip. I was able to take corners pretty hard through the streets of NYC yet felt safe doing so with very little tire noise. The seats are very comfortable and provides great support.
I had mixed feelings about it being a 2 seater but when I actually saw the car, it really wouldn't make any sense putting anyone in the rear...maybe except a toddler. I went back there a tried the space out...the pillars are so low that the head have to be bent. So overall, I like the car more and more everyday. ha. It really is a fun car to drive. :)

Back