• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spring Fling 2008 OFFICIAL DETAILS

Spring Fling 2008!

Date: Saturday, June 21st.

Here it is, against all odds. Fighting its way up from the streets. Breaking every rule. Pissing off the law. Getting teenage girls pregnant. Thumbing its nose at the establishment. Harder, stronger and faster than ever before. It’s Spring Fling 2008. And damn, it smells like Hai Karate.

You won’t want to miss this Fling. It’s the kind of event where the stories begin with “remember that time when” and end with a shot of whiskey.

They say a plan is nothing more than a list of things that probably won’t happen. Mind you, “they” probably drive a Toyota Camry. On that note, here is the itinerary for Spring Fling 2008.

6:30-7:20 Breakfast at Hinsdale Oasis
7:20-7:30 Assemble and leave.
7:30-9:30 Drive 1 hr. to Bob Kenney’s House (the drive to Bob’s is 1 hour-ish, but we lose 1 hour because of a time change.
9:30-10:00 Pick up Bob Kenney. Use Bob’s bathroom.
10:00-11:00 Drive 1 hr. to Karting Track
11:00-1:00 Karting at Michiana Raceway Park
http://www.mrpmotorsport.com/michianaracewaypark.htm
1:00-2:00 Drive back to Bob Kenney’s House
2:00-3:00 Hang out at Bob Kenney’s House
3:00-3:10 Drive 10 minutes to Quaker Steak and Lube
3:10-? Dine at Quaker Steak and Lube

A few notes about the Karting:

The teams:
Team Eternal Sportsmind
Team Apex Predators
Team FI Brotherhood

• Teams will be picked the day of the event, playground style.
• Nobody here is a pro kart racer (or at least they’re not admitting it).
• No passing in corners. We don’t want anyone going home in an ambulance. Except Randy - put him in the wall.
• Trophies will be awarded for the winning team, fastest lap, the “Spirit” Award and the Ken Sax Award. Slowest driver gets the Pantywaist Award.

A list of commonly asked questions about Spring Fling 2008…
• Do I need a Talkabout Radio?
It is strongly recommended. Most “FRS” radios work – you can get them at Target for like 40 bucks. You’ll need it if you are driving behind DRZZZ.
• Can I bring friends that are not in the NSX club?
Yes. This is an open event. The mix this year should include 350Zs, RX7s, Ferraris (!) and more. The only stipulation is that you have to be a NSX PRIME member or have a NSX PRIME member vouch for you.
• What is the price of the Karting?
$125 per kart per hour. This is an endurance race with teams, so for two hours of racing with 3 person teams, about $85 dollars. Which is a damn good value.
• Can I bring a date/spouse?
Yes, but they should like karting.
• What if I don’t want to race Karts?
Meet up with us at 2 at Bob’s house. We’ll have stories to share.
• How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?
• What if I clog Bob Kenney’s toilet?
A plunger will be supplied.
• What if I have other work or family commitments?
Consider re-prioritizing your life. Seriously, how old are you?
• Can I bring a pet?
Can your pet drive a kart?

We will be adding a few more details about the Karting, and driving directions to Bob's House, the Track and Quaker Steak and Lube.

Let's DO THIS!

OFFICIAL SIGN UP LIST:
(if I missed you, please post or PM me)

1. Frank Oles
2. Q (Sean)
3. Bob Kenney
4. Chitown NSX (Joe)
5. Valenzul (Val)
6. Rut RX7 (Brian)
7. Railgun
8. Batmobile
9 Alswel (Jeremy)
10. Mike Porritt
11. NSX2tall (Randy)
12. ROC CHGONSX (Rocco - Are you in? Bring the Vantage?)
13. NSXTACY (Ken - Are you in? - haven't heard from you in a while)

Last edited:
Post any questions you have. We can't think of everything.

As far as the morning meeting spot, I'm open for suggestions. I could pick someplace in the Schaumburg area, but I don't want people from the Naperville area to have to back track. So someplace a little more south/east might be better.

Ideas anyone?

One option could be the Hinsdale Oasis. It is on the way. That early in the morning, only the McDonald's and Starbucks will be open though.

http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=133,1401313&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Last edited:
Questions.

Karting: Pay on location, do we need to bring cash in anyway to divide up the cost among teams, or do they take credit cards on location and charge us accordingly.

Bob's House: I am assuming Bob does not want his address public, so are you PMing those out to people?

Is bob going to Auction off one of those Superchagers he has? :biggrin:

Questions.

Karting: Pay on location, do we need to bring cash in anyway to divide up the cost among teams, or do they take credit cards on location and charge us accordingly.

It's probably going to be easiest to simply bring cash. I'm not sure if they take credit cards, although I will ask when I talk to them.

I do have some information regarding the karting event concerning safety gear and attire:

• No open toe shoes. Driving shoes OK.
  • Wear long pants. No shorts.
  • You may bring your own full-face helmets, jackets, gloves, or any other safety gear.
  • They will provide helmets and safety gear if you don't have your own. You will be required to wear jackets, gloves, and neck braces, and these will be provided if you don't have your own. Helmets are closed faced, so you may want to get a headsock if you don't want to inherit someone else's sweat.

Also, better bring your "A" game because I'm ready to kick ass!

Last edited:
Yes, June 21st is the date.

Come on guys, let's get a big group for this!! The track is big, and we need to fill it up with a bunch of karts so I can pass you!

Randy is on my team!

Helmets do you know if they will like a sled helmet. Its dot. It was ok with gingerman.

Helmets do you know if they will like a sled helmet. Its dot. It was ok with gingerman.

Sled helmet should be OK since it's full face. Motocross style helmets aren't allowed.

Looks like I should be able to make it now. Me and my new Shine lip :smile: and stock wheels :frown: and new trunk struts :smile: and stock wheels :frown: and DF AIS :smile: and stock wheels :frown:

I just watched that vid from the site...wow...just wow. I'm stoked for this! Thanks in advance for letting us non NSX'ers to tag along. Can't wait!

Though, I'll probably pick you guys up on 80/94 just into Indiana. Just let me know what channel you'll all be on.

Last edited:
The track would like to know by Wednesday or Thursday of next week how many people we're going to have so they can prep the karts. Come on, get on the list!

What will your route to the track be? I will probably hook up with Railgun and meet with you around route 41 and 80-94. Will you taking the In. tollway to the S. bend exit?

I REALLY want to attend this event, however it's my grandmother's 85th - and my wife goes to Europe the next day. She'll be gone through August so I should have no engagements preventing me from missing any forthcoming events!! But damn! Have a great time guys!!

Thanks, Frank, Sean, and Bob, for setting this event up!

• Trophies will be awarded for the winning team, fastest lap, the “Spirit” Award and the Ken Sax Award.
Am I a lock for that last award? :wink:

I'll try to make it, although if so, I don't think I'll be karting, and I don't think I'll be driving my NSX. It's got some issues that need to be fixed, particularly one that is eating tires (even more so than normal for an NSX).

13. NSXTACY (Ken - Are you in? - haven't heard from you in a while)
The reason I haven't been posting is that I was on a 3400-mile trip in my NSX. Granted, some of those 3400 miles were driving around in circles (here, here, and here), but still, my car was away for three weeks, in eleven states.

I'm really bummin' that I can't make it but I have to go to a surprise 70th B-day party for my mother on Saturday from 1-4 pm:mad: .

Hmmm, wait a second, maybe she wouldn't mind much if I missed the bash if she knew it was not just an ordinary car spring fling, but an NSX SPRING FLING!!!:wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Have fun, guys/gals, and remember to "obey all posted speed limits"!

Dave

Alright then, I feel we are ready on this end.:rolleyes:
The NSX posters have all been hung but one.:smile:
The deck is functionally complete but no pergola yet.:confused:
The bathrooms are all up and working fine!:cool:
The lawn has been mowed.:smile:
The red car is still up and running.:smile:
We will have the coffee on, orange juice and coffee cake ready.:cool:
The black car will be on display, along with a few other NSX parts you may have some interest in seeing: Whipple SC, crank, rods & pistons, engine on its stand, 5 speed transmission, clutch and the like.:wink:
We do have a SHORTAGE of Chairs!:eek::redface:
Please bring “sport type” folding chairs if you have them.:cool:
ALL ARE WELCOME.:biggrin:
PLEASE COME BY, if for no other reason to meet, greet and exercise your car.:biggrin:

The Honorable Bob Kenney, et al: Wish I could see you all to visit your new Indiana "digs" and enjoy karting! I am with Sean, I want Randy (TooTall) on MY side at karting.
I will be in Gaylord, MI, working volunteer at their air show. Jets this year 6-21 Sat 10a-4p. Military jets.
Have a great time and hope all the IN-IL-WI-OH nearbys attend. :wink:

Hope you all have a great time. Sorry, can't make it this time since I am going to see Thomas the Tank Engine...........with my son.

OK guys, I need a headcount by today so I can tell the track how many karts we need.

GET ON THE LIST IF YOU AIN'T ALREADY!!!

Damn, I wish I could make it, but I can't get off work... Have fun guys.

Back