• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

The Silver is Nick's. He lives up North. I have a red 2000.

Nope, that wasn't nick, it was me ;)

I was headed out to a drive with Joe, Nick and a handful of lotus fellas.

Donk I remenber seeing ya and thinking "what are the odds of 2 NSX's on lindberg." Haha. I had just topped off the tank and tires.

Sorry I don't post much, I should probably check in here more often!

StL Dudes... just posted on the Owner Discussion page about an NSX piece I found at the Soulard Art Fair yesterday. You might find it interesting.

My son mentioned a black 91 NSX in Lake St. Louis for $26,999 on the St. Louis Craigslist. Looked at the ad, 91,000 miles. Probably good to check out as ad says Timing belt and WP just done recently. Amazed that it isn't here.
D

My son mentioned a black 91 NSX in Lake St. Louis for $26,999 on the St. Louis Craigslist. Looked at the ad, 91,000 miles. Probably good to check out as ad says Timing belt and WP just done recently. Amazed that it isn't here.
D

I know the owner. It's we'll maintained and he knows the car well (he's on his third and is the reason I am an owner now too). I think he still has a red 92 as well, also auto. He's on the site but doesn't post much. Patrickenglert is his screen name.

tstruyk,

You planning on going to Putnam Park in two weeks? It will be like the old days cept on four wheels... :)

I will be at Putnam if anyone needs any help. I will be running Friday and Saturday.

Dave

tstruyk,

You planning on going to Putnam Park in two weeks? It will be like the old days cept on four wheels... :)

Almost, but I got $50 says ya can't loop this one :)

Nah I won't be at Putnam. I keep threatening to get this thing to the track. Putnam will be the first place I go for sure, followed quickly by Road America.

How ya been man? Cobalt?? Still got the G8?

Almost, but I got $50 says ya can't loop this one :)

Nah I won't be at Putnam. I keep threatening to get this thing to the track. Putnam will be the first place I go for sure, followed quickly by Road America.

How ya been man? Cobalt?? Still got the G8?

Heh, yeah, not my finest moment. ;)

Bummer you can't make it! Cars aren't as fun as bikes, but they aren't bad either! ;)

Yeah, got rid of the G8 as I wasn't enjoying it as much as I hoped. Sold it this spring (hoping to get a C7 next year). Took the Cobalt to VIR and lapped 5 seconds a lap faster than the G8. The Cobalt is so much fun that I don't miss the G8 at all.

How's things been for you?

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I don't drive a NSX though...I'll be in a Cobalt SS.

Be sure to look me up, I will be in my 04 RED NSX, we are ussually at the far end of the paddock near the entry to the Hot pit. I will be surrounded by Vetts and Vipers.

Dave

Heh, yeah, not my finest moment. ;)

Bummer you can't make it! Cars aren't as fun as bikes, but they aren't bad either! ;)

Yeah, got rid of the G8 as I wasn't enjoying it as much as I hoped. Sold it this spring (hoping to get a C7 next year). Took the Cobalt to VIR and lapped 5 seconds a lap faster than the G8. The Cobalt is so much fun that I don't miss the G8 at all.

How's things been for you?

Been great. Got married a year ago yesterday! Had a job change roughly 18 months ago, promotion 4 months ago... super busy! Still got the NSX, picked up another TDI (Golf '13) this year after a brief stint in a CC. We gotta hook up for a beer sometime man! It's been too long!

Hey Dave, how's the twins runnin? I think last I talked to you, you were working out some kinks with the clutch.

Went to Coffee Cars saturday. There were a few hundred cars there. I was the only NSX.

Would be nice to get everyone together before winter!

Can you all kindly advise where the Coffee Cars announcements are. I agree that it might be nice to see a group of us sometime before we have to put them up. Am taking advantage of every available sunny day that I can to do the Trader Joes run on Olive and where ever else I can make an excuse to go, ie Fast Lane Cars, Chesterfield Macy's and Designs in Motion diecast cars in the valley, Menards in St. Peters etc. Ding damage paranoia strikes deep but there is a "rod section" in every parking lot, though you sometimes have to walk a lot. Good for the exercise.
D

Coffee and Cars is the 3rd saturday of every month. It's now at the Starbucks on Manchester/Rockhill although I was told last weekend was the last one of the year.

Thanks for the info. Did the P.O. and T.J. run today, just the essentials, flowers, syrup, wine and a little sweetness, (any excuse) and I know that it will be cold tomorrow, however the Lady needs some exercise so she will do the run to Designs in Motion in the valley, perhaps to Spirit Airport as well as taking some things to the Warson Woods antique mall where we have a booth with fine writing instruments, ink and some old die cast cars. We're thinning out purchases of 20-25 years ago when my sons were young. Not sure if my wife will go along as she prefers the comfort of the RL.

Last edited:
Out to Fast Lane cars this afternoon just to keep the oil from separating ha ha. My wife doesn't understand why it takes an hour to go to the PO or to TJ's when it used to take 25-35 minutes. An 05 Jag Convertible for 19k? Are you kidding me? I just looked it up and 12k is the norm in one of the books. Originally listed at $65-74k. Do we have a great marque in what we own? And the maintenance. Just like a Honda almost.................................................................
Is anyone else alive and kicking but this old man? Sitting here at the machine with a Manhattan, and a bit of cheese and crackers. I realize I am old, but you young guys are busy? We're still in the ring. Winter is soon and we need a get together.
Best,
Don

Last edited:
Almost felt sorry (but not quite) for the driver of a modified Camaro with obviously many more ponies, that decided to follow me on Page east to 270 in that he couldn't keep up, not only on the ramp, but also through the Northbound turn. He finally passed back and forth across all the lanes at about 80 while we held the customary 2 under as there were several white Chargers with the MHP logos on duty. Got one of the last rides for a while due to weather and travel upcoming, hopefully not, but being realistic. This old guy hates to put this Dragon Lady away. Is anyone else out?

Saw this on Facebook this am and had to copy and share.
[h=5]It’s better to take the world by storm when nobody sees you coming.
[/h]

I know it's cold, but is no one moving?

Hope to be "on the street" tomorrow, even though it's grandkids time. The last time I had one of them in the car, I heard "punch it Grandpa". The interesting part is my granddaughter who is 6, when I "punch it" in the sedan, I hear her say, "Grandpa, you aren't driving the red car". I am going to take a (grandson) young candidate for Eagle Scout @ 12, for a ride in the Dragon Lady to allow him a couple more goal setting opportunities as long as the weather holds. Couldn't be more proud.

Found out last week when I got caught in a shower after a visit to Designs in Motion in Chesterfield, that I really am in need of a new set of tires. Spring is coming.

Follow up to the post on the drive, stopped at Mid-America Corvettes museum in Effingham, Lock, Stock and Barrel in Altamont IL, and the Markoot Jersey Creamery on the way back from Indy this week. The Garlic and Herb cheese curds are to die for.

Don't leave me out here alone guys (last 5 posts are mine) to keep us on the current part of the Forum

Last edited:
Back