• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Happy Birthday, Rahul!

thank you Dave :)

I saw you are selling your shocks and springs. What happened? thought you were going to install them this winter

I came across a set of very low mileage, later model OEM struts at a good price. Decided to go with that for now, as I really prefer to keep with OEM parts, and I have enough clearance issues already at the stock ride height. BUT if I could find a set of OEM Type S struts I'd probably switch to those down the road. There was a set on Prime last summer for $1100 but they got snapped up before I could get them. Found a couple of sets in Europe in the $1500-1600 range but shipping would be a killer.

Anyway, the stereo's sounding great, happy with that. Just refinished the wiper arms, and I'll get on this strut project next, plus tie rod ends and rack bushings.

Hope you're having a great day Rahul! My birthday is later this week. Heading to Florida (Captiva Island) in a couple of weeks - wish I could take the X but we'll drive the BMW down.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that, thanks Rahul! From what I've read they may be quite a bit harsher than what I'd want, but I'm going to research that again. They're in GB so shipping could get costly. The two sets of "S" units I was checking on have been sold. I'm starting to think I should have stuck with "Plan A".

Thanks Rahul! Yes, the Bilsteins and S springs are gone. Received the newer OEM struts yesterday and they loo almost brand new. Going to give them a try and see what I think.

oh that's nice.

Did you see that 93 sebring silver for sale on st. Louis craigslist? it only has 47k miles and the mods look tasteful other than the hood

Rahul, that's the same car I posted a few pages back! Weird that it turns up for sale now. That hood is a one-off, it's a modified original hood. I saw it from the inside and the fabrication was really nice, but I agree it's not the best looking. The pictures I posted were taken at a Gateway track day about 4 years ago, the guy had just bought it in Chicago.

other than the body kit rest of the mods looks tasteful. good deal for car with only 45k miles

Tyler,
Are you going to post pics of your car? Looks super! Hoping that we get a 24 hour shower to wash the salt off the streets, so we can take our cars out.
D

Last edited:
Same here - took it out for a wash and a drive on Saturday, the to the Touhill Center at UMSL on Saturday night. Did a drive up the River Road on Sunday too.

Hey Don,

I'm waiting on the weather to get a bit nicer so I can get her out and snap some good pics. :biggrin:

20160207_115353-1.jpg

Here you go, Don. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20160207_115147.jpg
    20160207_115147.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OUTSTANDING! Looks great my man!

Still wishing for a little rain. On Friday afternoon, watched the brine trucks on 370, coating my big sedan and wasting $25,000 taxpayer dollars to apply brine to 6,400 lane miles of the Interstate Hiway system surrounding St. Louis. Ain't no way I was taking the Dragon Lady out on salty highways. After a conversation with the weather department of one of the TV stations, and questions of why, (there was almost 0 chance of frost (supposedly prevention,) which was the MoDot reply after about 5 minutes of questions) the meterologist responded that they didn't know why either, but didn't dare challenge MoDot. Could have had the car out for a couple of days if we didn't have to waste some taxpayer provided brine.
So sad that there are some that believe that even though we don't have a snowballs chance of snow, frost, freezing rain or anything frozen due to the super dry air, that we have to do a little "make work" for the "poor people" that haven't had a chance to drive the plows or brine trucks due to lack of anything freezing. Come on gang, it's a blessing this year, Celebrate.

Last edited:
Tyler, your car does look great! Thanks for the photos. Rahul, I just saw your ad on Prime, and your car also looks awesome (haven't seen it in person yet)! Nice photos too. Love the BBS wheels! I'm heading to Florida tomorrow so my baby is tucked away, warm and dry :->

I'm in the St. Louis area, I have a 1996 Acura NSX-T. There is a small black strip on the bottom of the front bumper which has come off. Anyone recommend a place to order and have that installed?

Thanks,

John

Hi and welcome to the StL group, John. I bought my front lip online and I stalled it myself... pretty easy job.

Welcome, John! I'm pretty sure the original part number is no longer available, but the later lip, which has a slightly different profile, will fit. They get torn of easily but if your's is not too damaged, they're not too hard to reinstall. There are a bunch of discounted OEM sources online, and any body shop could do the labor. www.acurapartsforless.com has everything at 30% off list.

Welcome John, this St. Louis bunch is a great group of guys, lots of help, and a lot of knowledge to share, I have been mostly on the receiving end. Lots of parts places, I've used Acura of Peoria AZ, Tim is a super person, recommended by this site from several subscribers. My lip tore loose on one side after catching a piece of concrete I didn't expect. Not a problem to reinstall, had to buy some large washers to cover the ripped part of of the plastic, but a fix definitely until I need the whole thing. Better than spending $132 for a $175 part, if it still looks good after reattaching. It's held on with just hex head bolts. BTW I am not a mechanical guy, ask any of the others.

INteresting thing, after looking and reattaching, found out that it wasn't the first time the spoiler lip had been damaged. There were places with bolts holding nothing, and several with washers. Common ocurrance. I just put washers where they were needed till it is no longer serviceable.
Best,
D

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
We are not sure if the owner of the Silver NSX is on prime. Never personally saw/heard about that car here in St. Louis

Back