• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Thanks for the info. Looks like we have essentially the same car! I also have a 1996 Red NSX-T. What's your mileage? I'm just now at 68k; I bought it at 58k about three years ago, so I've but putting, I suppose, too many miles on it, but it's sure fun to drive!

qT9zauB.jpg

^^^^ to the new guy above - where do you live in St. Louis? I dont think i've seen your car here before

BTW I am Rahul

Last edited:
John,
Since you have a 96 and it's a Targa, you should have some Shinetzu grease to take care of your top seals. Will be glad to provide, have a large tube, as anything we can do to keep you from the $2,500 expense for seals that we had early on, due to a lack thereof. Hope that you keep up with the site, and we get to meet you at some point earlier than later.
D

Had the Lady out today for a couple of hours in the sun. Don't know how many miles, but looking back, will need a Spring oil change just due to mileage. Does that tell you how much we have enjoyed this car in the past year. Couple of maintenance items this spring, windows, wipers, can't believe she's been mine for 4 years. Still able to get in. Ha Ha.

On another note, Mungenast was setting up an NSX info cabinet in the main showroom today and making a place for one of the new ones, perhaps, along with the space for Ray's 91, on display for the past couple of months, it is the first sold by the dealership back then. Not privy to when they'll be getting one for the showroom, but believe that they have taken orders on several, under 100, but we all might be surprised at the number. My understanding is that there are only 800 allotted to the US for this year. If you haven't been watching and listening, base price North of $155 and over 200 fully loaded. Probably about where our cars were in 1991 dollars in the market place at that point in time. Comments and info welcome and solicited, I just get to pass this stuff along. GGG

Last edited:
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo St. Louis, anyone there? anyone, anyone, Buehler, Buehler, anyone? Feeling like Spring will jump upon us and we won't be ready...................

Helloooooooooooooooooo.....

Oh, I'll be ready for Spring, Don... I'm always ready. :biggrin:

The twin-scoop hood on the silver NSX was done by Dali Racing. Back then, you send Mark a stock hood, and he returns one with the twin scoops. Nicely done.

I'll take your word for it :smile: The owner I spoke with had just bought it from a Chicago owner, and the PO told the owner it was done by a fabricator in Chicago. In any case, it really was a nice job, tidy fabrication and welds.

I'll take your word for it :smile: The owner I spoke with had just bought it from a Chicago owner, and the PO told the owner it was done by a fabricator in Chicago. In any case, it really was a nice job, tidy fabrication and welds.

Wavey, I was the prior owner of this car :smile:, and had the hood done by Mark Johnson of Dali.
Fitment and paint were done by a Chicago-area shop - The Last Detail.

HA! Small world. Really nice car overall when I saw it 4 years ago. BTW, I see you suffer from insomnia too :->

From the showroom of Mungenast St. Louis Acura
attachment.php
attachment.php
Colors and interior selection. It's almost here.
D

Attachments

• nsx2016 colors.JPG
    nsx2016 colors.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 153
  • nsx2016 upholstery.jpg
    nsx2016 upholstery.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 150
Nice! Eye candy. Thanks Don!

Last edited:
na Don, I didn't even try. Am gonna do it when I win a lottery or something ;)

Washed the Lady today in between showers, and got a chance to get it air dried. Pulled out on the river road for a quick warm up and had an Infinity SUV right on my bumper as I was trying not to stress the engine till it hit operating temp. As soon as it did, hit it to the floor in 2nd and left him totally. When we met at the light a while later, his mouth was still open, and I was justified. You can take the years from the boy, ( I don't think the mind ever ages) but you can't take the joy of leaving someone in the dust, especially if they like tailgating you. Never, never, never miss the opportunity to amaze and confound . As in one of the early NSX gen 2 commercials, "It's easier to take the world by storm, when no one sees you coming". What a great thought. Cheers, D

thats a great quote at the end Don :)

ive been driving the X a lot lately. Lots of parts are on their way, such as counter sunk shift knob, 02 side skirts, and rear valance. Have few more parts waiting to be installed such as short ram inatke, 3rd brake light flash kit, alcantara door cards, CV boot rebuilt kit. Looks like my summer will be really busy

Last edited:
Just got back from oil change and installation of SOS window fix. This is not an inexpensive fix if you have the problem. Got the special kit and I am told that there are 13 adjustments to the window following install. Whoa. Well, the window works well now, and should for posterity. Have the balance of the kit for the other side if we need it. Quieted down the rattling problem on the right side that we've had since new.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to break this into 2 pieces, but in the middle of "Enemy of the State" one of the best thrillers ever, Gene Hackman and Will Smith. Don't see it much on the tube. Final minutes and it never gets old.

Hope that we all can get together at some point if just for coffee and/or breakfast. Anxious to take the Lady out, but even tho Saturday is looking good weather wise, committed for the AM putting toy tattoos on kids at an Easter Party. Perhaps some time next week end. A Blessed Easter to you all.
D

Don, Rahul, Tyler, mine is up on jack stands again. Just replaced the suspension units and still have the tierod ends, steering rack bushings and O2 sensors to do. Oh yeah, a Downforce air scoop is on the way too. I hope to finish up next week, then I'll clean it up for the first C&C on April 16. Any chance we could all meet up there? Looking forward to eventually meeting you Don!

Don - I have the SOS window fix-it-thingys in my car on both doors, I did it last summer. Its not that difficult to do it yourself with little elbow grease, Tyler helped a lot in that process.

Dave - I, Tyler and Don usually meet up at bandanas on dorsett around 8:30 and roll into C&C together, you are more than welcome to join us. Also, we should all go to lunch or something after the C&C if everyone is free

I'll be there! Thanks Rahul! My current state of affairs, working in the "new" unfinished garage:

Attachments

• NSXstruts.jpg
    NSXstruts.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Enjoyed the morning yesterday with you all, one of the estimates of value of the heavy metal on the Arnage Drive C&C was 100M, and though perhaps a little high, 40 to 50M might not be an understatement considering the number of $2-300,000+ vehicles. On our tour we looked at the Noir Lynx (gray)Lambo. Check out the second thread on the gen2 NSX on the site here. Has become one of my favorites. Nord Gray.

Have not seen this much heavy metal at any of the C&C gatherings ever. Good time, good company, and would encourage any of our inactive part of the group to make the next one at West Port on the 16th. We have been meeting at Bandana's on Dorsett@8:30, and going over to the C&C en masse. Record is currently 3, help us out and join in the parade<ggg> no one else does it!</ggg>

I'm back on the ground and look forward to meeting you there Don.

Don, great to finally meet you and I enjoyed your company at Cars & Coffee. Tyler, Rahul, great to see you guys again too. I enjoyed meeting your friend Sam and his Viper, and the guy with the Silver '91 (Bob?) Sorry I lost track of you guys and will try to do better next time. That was a great day, other than where we got stuck, but it was a record turnout. I ran into some Illinois pals up on the front row and barely got back, sorry I missed some of you at the end. I'm going to try to make the next one too, might bring a friend or two.

Unfortunately the only NSX in any of the photos is the one by itself on the main lot. We'll have to make a better showing next time :->

Rahul, please send me that shift knob source - pretty sure I want one.

Later guys!

Dave - contact scorp's warehouse manager at 702 366 9565 or though his email at [email protected] and he'll set you up with a price. Get both the counter sunk shift knob and the retaining clip

Don - I forgot to mention you about the new shift knob I got, it makes a huge difference in shifting, much better feel too

Last edited:
Thank you Rahul! Appreciated.

Back