• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

My car may be there depending on weather. Unfortunately, I will not be there either way. It just finished getting some electronic updates at JML, so Josh will be with the car. I'm picking her up later today after my kiddo's soccer game. Long summer with her in the shop.

I'm amazed that this weekend I didn't see many classics. We were out today for a bit, a couple of hours, Fast Lane, Trader Joe's and the like. The older I get, the more I appreciate the NSX. It is fast, forgiving in the turns, (unless of course there is a weight distribution error, ie 1 @ 200 and 1 @ 275 or 280, or 120-140 or empty. Fun to drive, comfortable, and now even quiet after the grommet installs, and after almost 6 years, I don't think I would want anything else.
The old guy

Last edited:
Lady has been out a lot this week. Needs a wash. Anyone going Saturday" C & C Westport? anyone, anyone, (fill in the blanks) B-----r, Anyone reading and not posting?

50/50 chance I'll make it to Westport this Saturday, Don. If I can steal some time from work tomorrow I'll clean the X up and temporarily reassemble the driver's door - it's opened up at the moment for window track repair. I'd really like to do it as I've missed everything this year due to the business... but you gotta make hay while the sun shines :-> I will try to confirm if I can make it.

Anyone else?

Almost no car fun this year except for my annual Indy 500 party (28 years!). Mid-October I get to do a cool trip to Nashville, and get to drive a Renault R5 Turbo for the day (unbelievable factory rally car, engine in back seat, photo attached), with my pal from whom I bought the X. Then heading to Austin 2 weeks later for F1, so the year won't be a total loss car-wise.

Attachments

• R5-Turbo_0.jpg
    R5-Turbo_0.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 228
Given the verdict in the Stockley trial, I'll be staying on this side of the river tomorrow, sorry. Stay safe everyone.

Hey Y'all
Is anyone doing anything besides yours truly attempting to expose most of the entire St. Louis Metro area west of the Arch to what an NSX is. I am amazed that there are so few classic machines, let alone ours, not out on the road and sitting in garages. Realizing that low mileage is what makes a car more valuable as a "collectible", IMHO what's the point of having something of value just sitting around gathering dust, hoping for an increase of a couple of %points? I gotta drive, and keep the seals lubricated, the plugs corrosion free, the oil churning and doing it's job, and the flat spots off the tires. We're almost at 97,000, and the the last 30 on this car have been totally enjoyed!

Looking forward to seeing some of you all out this fall when the hot weather is over.
Don

Hey Y'all
Is anyone doing anything besides yours truly attempting to expose most of the entire St. Louis Metro area west of the Arch to what an NSX is. I am amazed that there are so few classic machines, let alone ours, not out on the road and sitting in garages. Realizing that low mileage is what makes a car more valuable as a "collectible", IMHO what's the point of having something of value just sitting around gathering dust, hoping for an increase of a couple of %points? I gotta drive, and keep the seals lubricated, the plugs corrosion free, the oil churning and doing it's job, and the flat spots off the tires. We're almost at 97,000, and the the last 30 on this car have been totally enjoyed!

Looking forward to seeing some of you all out this fall when the hot weather is over.

Don

I have Been out quite a bit in mine this year. I do have other cars so they all need to get out of the house every once in awhile.

Sebring Silver HW is out at Target, but why did they use those aged wheels. Ruins the effect of the uniquemess IMHOIMG_2355.JPG

Need to get the oil changed, today was the day. Amazingly enough, perhaps the shortest trip to Mungenast, and one of the nicest ones on 270. Very little traffic @8am, and now that everything is about finished with the resurfacing, one of the smoothest, once the flat spots were gone. Haven't driven the car since discovering that we had fractured the right foot necessitating "da boot" for 4-6 weeks after a diagnostic error. Wrapped in elastic bandages for the trip. A couple of thumbs up is common, along with a couple of challenges. I hope that I never grow up.
D

Grandson assisted the gimp with yard cleanup, and promise of lunch and compensation. Question. Which car do we take to get you home? Do I have to guess? The red one, and we need to take the "fun way". The ramp at Bennington, the cloverleaf at Page etc. etc. etc.
Needless to say, his wants were fulfilled. Amazingly the rear tires are holding up better than the last set.
D

69 degrees this am early, wanted to wash the Dragon Lady, but.......................................now down to 50, rain and colder. Replacing the coolant reservoir and related hoses, (probably s/b a standard maintenance item, this one lasted 6 years almost to the day). It was hidden on the inside corner, caught in an oil change. Thanks Steve Moss @ Mungenast. Had a new OEM one when I drove it back from Boston exactly 6 years ago. leak starting slowly from the mold part line.

I look regularly at stuff, but failed to catch this one, just like the oil filler cap that was 20 years old, caught by Tyler (OmegaNSX), earlier this year. Seal was flattened when someone tightened it beyond where it should have been. Seal is only a triangular ridge about 1-2mm high and when the rubber gets old and hard, easy to smash.

Hopefully a good wash day mid week coming up.

Blessings to all,

Last edited:
DL got a real bath and the new coolant collector. Running like a Triple Crown winner, and................................for now, this old guy ain't never gonna sell her, despite the boot and the elastic bandages.

What an absolute hoot to slide around the cloverleafs, hit it to the floor and leave everything on the interstate in the dust and oogling this little red 20 year old blip on the road. Forget the old guy behind the wheel. 2017 in the flesh with 1996 technology. I really don't care that the new Tesla roadster is 0-60 in 1.9, 5.1 feels absolutely super!

Just realized that we've had the Lady for the past 6 years. As long as I can get in it!.........................................
D

Last edited:
Anyone else out? Last 3 days, despite the Boot. Anyone, anyone? Buehler?
We are so quiet in St. Louis. Just trying to keep us at the top of the list.

Don

On Saturday afternoon, my lovely bride and I took the X to Frontenac for a movie, then dinner at Bricktop's. Filled up with that less-expensive Missouri gas before heading home. No challenges to race from clapped-out Civics or Mustangs this trip, which is unusual :->

Check out the memorabilia posts for what we just acquired. Under "new relationship". Figured we'd just add the pic, here.
Dacura 2017 NSX and Hondajet.JPG

Last edited:
One new Tamiya 2017 NSX kit at Mark Twain Hobby Shop in St. Charles. Just letting you all know. I already have one. $43.
Don

What scale is that Don? Interested!

1/24 just like Tamiya's 91
Blessings,
Don

Just glad I wasn't driving the Dragon Lady today under the Lambert runway. Lord looking out for me. Large chunks of pavement falling off a truck, destroyed 2 wheels and tires on the TLX. Amazing that I was able to drive to Mungenast, and order 2 wheels and tires. Had it been the DL, she surely would have been destroyed. Aluminum wheels did what they were supposed to do, absorb the energy from the crap in the road. Cannot believe that these pieces weren't id'd with flares or lights, or that those involved weren't more careful. 20 some vehicles involved.

Holy BatSh*t, Don. Sorry for the damage to your TLX. Hope your insurance coverage waives your deductible (as some 20 vehicles also were caught in the snare). :frown:

Geez Don, glad it wasn't any worse and you weren't hurt. And SUPER GLAD it wasn't the NSX! So you were in the tunnel?

I had a similar thing with a brand new F150 shop truck in 2004. Left the dealership and had about 20 miles on it, when a dump truck in the other lane dropped a huge chunk of concrete, which slid across the street and tore off the front apron and one front tire. Ripped it right off the rim. Luckily the driver stopped and they had cash in my hand the same day.

The X is going to the body shop next week to have both power windows pretty much rebuilt - new sliders, tracks cleaned and lubed, glass adjusted etc. Both regulators/motors are almost new so they should function like new after this. I could do it but just didn't feel like it :->

Happy Holiday to everyone in any case! Rahul, did you get your lip spoilerissue fixed?

Happy New Year all! DL is on the chaaga, covered and with new oil, properly inflated tires and a full tank of gas.
D

Last edited:
Same here. I hate when I have to put all the girls down for winter sleep...

Lady didn't get out from under the covers. 60 turned rapidly to 36 with freezing rain, and streets were wet in between.Don't understand why the earlier post didn't get put here, and the site shows insecure regularly as well.
Don

Back