• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

All we can do in this kind of weather is look for some "memorabilia" Checkout that section under hot wheels, 1st category for the latest.
d

Just a thought we had while sitting here in the cold. It seems that the new 2016 TLX and the NSX are turning in near the same mileage figures. TLX getting consistent 27.5 with a 4 banger, but the NSX during the summer is a consistent 26. Almost can't believe it. Remembering the trip back from Boston now 6 years ago, turning in amost 30 mpg on the NSX.
To be truthful, the speeds on the trip back, .....................................................weren't even close to subdivision or "city" speeds at all. Ha Ha
D

Last edited:
Oh to be out yesterday, however, not only too much to do, but also after a trip to the ER for a pulled muscle, am letting things heal prior to cramming myself back into the cockpit of the Dragon Lady. Perhaps Saturday? Looks like the best shot till Wed of next week, and I can't take her to Rigazzi's for lunch and abandon her on the street for an hour. Anyone out at all?

Definitely out today, for a couple of hours on the interstate system. Took off the flat spots on the tires, and took off a little rubber on some of the turns. Did take a heap of time for the operating temp to be reached. Now to put her under the covers again for a bit. Hadn't been out since early December, what with the ER trip mentioned earlier, wearing "da boot" for 7 weeks and some PT to correct the torn and damaged ligaments and fracture. Dang, it's tough getting old. My DL is old too, but she is purring like she wanted to be out and should be good for a couple of weeks on the Chaaga. Let's hope Puxatawny Phil tells us on Groundhog day, that there's not going to be 6 more weeks of winter.
Blessings,
Don
On another front, check out this link for the new NSX, an Aventador, and a Rimac on a runway in Switzerland. ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWrUl3uemb4

Last edited:
I had mine out yesterday and today, since it looks like it will be a couple weeks before it will be nice again. I did finish one project....

I got The Little Red Whore out for a few hours, two days in a row the last weekend of January. Did a round trip to Webster Groves on Sat 1/27, and a nice run up the River Road on Sunday 1/28, with my lovely bride; stopped at the Old Bakery brew pub in Alton for a birthday dinner. First time out in about 6 weeks? and a good thing given the weather since. She's currently at a local body shop getting the power windows worked over - new sliders, clean/lube/adjust tracks, new trim "triangles" at the tops of the doors. Both window motors are near new so they should finally be working properly. Just a couple more small projects to be ready for spring!

I'm still sitting on some aftermarket stuff, and just can't pull the trigger on installing, because everything OEM is so nice. MOMO wheel & R hub kit, Swift lowering springs, other small bits. I keep seeing wheels I love too, but again, she's looking so good in original form.

Got it back yesterday from the power window rebuild and took it directly to get an alignment done. They're done and want it out of their shop tonight, and it's freezing rain here at the moment.... ugh.

Sunday...........looks like the pick day of the week. Rain should have washed the streets down well, and sun expected to be out. If my Shingles aren't painful, and the clutch leg works, even if that doesn't hold, We will be out.
Don

Good day to get out Don, boot or not! We have a brunch in the CWE so I think we'll take The Little Red Whore. I need to see how it feels with the new alignment, and see if the windows are sealing properly now. We'll try to avoid being carjacked.

Let us know how everything is working and never tell your Physician you have a concealed carry permit.

Everything is good, windows working great with minimal wind noise, and the alignment was well worth doing. The car is tracking and handling beautifully, definitely better than before. Anyone else get out?

So Rahul, Speedmaster in Chicago is selling the BBS wheels he got from you. Any particular reason you sold them, and what are you running now?

One of the 1/24 Tamiya gen 2 models available at Mark Twain Hobby in St. Charles MO along with a ton of other off shore models. Haven't seen such a collection there in a long time.
D

Still there from the post above, or they ordered another one. Price keeps going up with each successive model. 3 nice days, 2 Dragon Lady outings. The gentleman who does some financial work for me has a 3 year old, whom I gave a red 91 Hot Wheels to, and he now says when he picks it up. "Dragon Lady". Aaaah Imortality. <GGG>
D

Thanks Don!

I'm stopping by Williams Auto Detail today to discuss paint correction, possible ceramic etc. Wish me luck and send donations please :->

Possible drive with the Need4Speed guys on Sunday, depending on weather, looks iffy.

Really looking forward to getting to a few C&Cs and other events this year! I'm booked to drive at the Lane Rally again in September, this time with this Renault Sport:

Attachments

• RenaultSpider.jpg
    RenaultSpider.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 181
Is anyone going to Westport tomorrow morning? We have a C&C in Edwardsville that starts at 9, but I may run over til about 8:45?

I will be there around 915...only staying for about 45 min too many things to do...

OK, I’ll run over but can’t stay after 8:45.

I left the NSX at Williams last week and they're doing a full paint correction on it. After that we'll decide if it's good enough for ceramic, otherwise we'll stay with multiple applications of Carnauba. But Ralph says it looking really good so far. I'll probably refinish the B pillars later, left side has a small ding in it and the right side has a thin spot in the paint, and refinish the front WW lip too.

I bought a set of stock 94-97 wheels and tires. I thought I would like them better than what I had or use them as race wheels. None of that is going to work. I want to get some headers instead. Looking to get 1500. Tires are almost new less than 500 miles. The wheels have been powder coated gun metal grey and look great. I want to sell them in St Louis since shipping was very expensive.View attachment 153059View attachment 153060View attachment 153061
I also have a set of tail lights 3 pieces for 600 if anyone wants a set for back ups.

View attachment 153062

Wellllllllllllllllllll !
Can't believe what this old guy was doing yesterday. After a nice invite, proceeded to the National City Track, and as a part of a study and a marketing effort by Audi apparently, drove 9 cars, 5 of them Audi's. R8, RS5 and 3, A4 and a Q4, 2 BMW's and 2 Mercedes for comparison. Got the R8 and R5S above the triple digits. RS3 a little light, but still a hoot to drive. Still want my NSX, as well as the TLX. Paddles on all seemed to have a little lag, and the turbo spoolup on the 4's was slow IMHO.

A great time for 3 hours, and a lesson in driving the track from some of the pros that were there. No supervision just an agreement to stay 4 lengths apart and behind the lead car. Chase car with a really great gal, who asked us to slow and passed us in the pits so that we could have a great experience, as the driver in front on the first pass was quite conservative. Neat sensitivity and professionalism from the whole Audi Team. Outstanding time. The R8 is awesome to drive, though a little heavy in comparison to what I'm used to. Really liked the A4, though the paddle lag and the slow turbo spool was an issue for yours truly.

C & C at Westport tomorrow. There will be some representation of the brand.
D

C & C at Westport tomorrow. There will be some representation of the brand.
D

Probably going to hit c and c at Stl Motorsport instead a lot closer for me...

YEP, I was there. I got there EARLY to get a good spot and they had them all coned off for all the BIG $$$ cars :mad:. There were only about 6 cars there when I got there. The Lambo URIS was there on display if anyone wanted to spend some silly $$$ on a pricey station wagon :tongue:. There was a guy from ASTON MARTIN there also. At least the weather was nice.

Question for all. Saw a pic on Facebook of a car show in Festus with a highly modified white 03-05? perhaps, or earlier converted with carbon fiber hood and open headlights, first time we've seen this one. Anyone here?

Back