• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St Louis Drive this weekend? 11/06?

Ok, I am in, Sunday AM is best for me, you pick the place and i will be there.

Dave

DDozier said:
Ok, I am in, Sunday AM is best for me, you pick the place and i will be there.

Dave

now we have
dave
tony
bestouch
me
nick (early)
len
ko
khappi in the s2k (maybe)

now we need a plan. anyone know a good route? len you took some guys out on the illinois side a bit over a year ago that i missed out on.. is that a good option? Anyone else have some backroad ideas? Steve usually does a good job, but he hasnt responded as of yet that i know of.

Randy

How about the route we took we took when i came aboard in 2002??? We met at a QT gas station on manchester, went to W. County(had just opened and we hid to avoid the rain?) and had lunch. Then we proceeded down 100(manchester)until we ended up by buschwildlife area? Tony had a week stomach and half of us got seperated. Seems everyone needs an AM time. How about

1. Meet at 8:30am at the West County Mall parking garage(hope the speed bumps aren't to bad)
2. Go gas up at the same QT we me at on Manchester(nick, len, tony dave d know where i'm talking about.
3. Then hit the road.
4. Be done around 12 to 1(for those who gotta break early, im good till about 3)

OR
1. meet at the Qt at Mcdonell Blvd and 270.
2. take the highway 79 route......Dave D, remember the route we took when we went to the car show in westport in 03??(len, tony, markB and some others)?????? When took the winfield ferry through some corn fields somewhere and ended up by boschertown go-cart track in st.charles? i think we went thru hardin????? Anyway(sorry for the poor route planning), we could take that route in reverse and hit the river road by noon.
3. I'm open for the route, don't mind the traffic but that 7am is a killer. I really like 8:30 or 9am.
4. If anyone needs to call me im at work till 11:30pm. call me at 314-280-5181 I'll help as much as possible
3. Any of those routes were cool

Hope to see everyone, it's been a good while.

The Illinois route is a good one in the AM, it can be long or as short as you guys want it to be. Sunday is my day, I can play as long as you guys want to. We could start at Mills Mall off the 370 go up to 94 come through the backroads to 367 up the river road to Brussels ferry then around through Hardin, in hardin we can decide if we want to turn back or take an even longer route... It's all driving, so if you guys want to mix in some eats, someone else may want to chime in....
Len

8:30 - 9:00 is kind of late... If you are thinking of driving in a spirited manner... Keep in mind, this will be a very busy weekend, Motorcycles and everyone else taking advantage of the Indian summer...

I don't care where it is, as long as it is not a Winery tour, I have no interests at all in wine or any other alcohol...

len3.8 said:
8:30 - 9:00 is kind of late... If you are thinking of driving in a spirited manner... Keep in mind, this will be a very busy weekend, Motorcycles and everyone else taking advantage of the Indian summer...

I don't care where it is, as long as it is not a Winery tour, I have no interests at all in wine or any other alcohol...

agreed. 7am is rough for me, but once im there i want to drive. How about 7am at the mills mall, and bring a snack.

What say you all?

This is fine with me... Because anyone that knows me, knows that I will be out on my routine weekend drive anyway...
I will see if I can get some other sports cars out and about as well... My brother may join us....

All right we need to gettyup... I got a few P-cars coming, working on a few Ferrari guys, they may come if they can round up a Tow truck to chase the group....
Right now the 7am has been the time that I have spread around....

We are going to need radios, unless we plan a route with a few stop-n-regroup points, some of us are not as fast as the others. :wink:

The Hwy 79 route does not get good until we are past Louisiana but then it gets real good, state park with no driveways or mailboxes, but until you get about 70 miles up 79 you will be using the cruise (not fun).

Len is right, (I did not like saying that) :biggrin: if we do not get out before 8AM we should look for a parade route instead, this weekend will be full of leaf watchers. :rolleyes:

Dave

Radios are a good idea... I don't have any....
Anyone with one please bring it... Also if you know anyone in the Lotus group extend the offer to them... I know it's short notice, but let's reciprocate, they always invite us...

I've got 2 radios, I think i can round up two more. I have a nextel 2way if anybody else uses nextel as their carrier. Igues the point really is cell reception will be bad. I try to round up 2 more radio's.

So far
1. ko-nsx
2. len3.8
3. ddozier
4. best touch
5. nsx-01
6. matenni???
7. khappucino
8. sltnsx
9. some other car enthusiast!! p-cars, possible lotus club and some others.

Meeting at the blues practice arena at the St.Louis Mills Mall(its 1 miles west of I-270 on I-370)around 6:30 or 7ish, leaving no later that 7:15? Just trying to get a little clarity. My cell is 314-280-5181, if anyone needs it. Call anytime. Sounds like a good time, hope more show up. Via the post on prime about 16 nsx's in the area now. :eek:

Re: newb

bcmdjune30 said:
hey fellas i live in st robert / dixon MO(ft wood army base), just got here from overseas. Originally from Va beach where the love of NSX are slim to none. would love to hook up with you guys soon! HOWEVER since my unfortunate shipping incident and her springs coming in she is under construction and out with a minor cold...so I cant join this weekend, but if any of you know some bitchin stereo shops by you willing to replace my custom dash an do some fiberglass work let me know....thanks

Brandon

Hello Brandon,, Too bad you can't make it..
Let us know when, better yet keep an eye out for the Midwest site, so you'll be in the know the next time we all get together... As far as the stereo, Mine sounds fine and it's stock, so I am not the one to answer that one...

This is a thought. I spoke to a few more people and maybe the drivers can meet at 7 and roll out. then everyone (like the people who can't make it that early) can meet a hooters near westport and watch a football game, eat and drink some beer or soda for len, (milk for tony and khappy :smile: )?? That way everyone can be satisfied. drivers meet early. others that can't get out that early, can meet up for a great lunch, meet and greet, look at hooters and watch some football?? any feedback?

Ko-nsx said:
This is a thought. I spoke to a few more people and maybe the drivers can meet at 7 and roll out. then everyone (like the people who can't make it that early) can meet a hooters near westport and watch a football game, eat and drink some beer or soda for len, (milk for tony and khappy :smile: )?? That way everyone can be satisfied. drivers meet early. others that can't get out that early, can meet up for a great lunch, meet and greet, look at hooters and watch some football?? any feedback?

Milk from the hooter's girls :smile: yummmmmy.

I am in for catching up after the run, I would LOVE to go on the run but I will be up until 3 or 4 on Sat. nite so hopping up and cruising twisty roads at 7 is out for me :mad: I am up for some brunch/lunch. Give me a buzz Kelley and let me know when & where. C U then. :smile:

We need to plan a KC - St. Louis meet and drive in mid-mo sometime... maybe next spring/summer?

Anyone that is going to make it on Sunday and has the ACURA ABS fluid change tool and does not mind loaning it out please bring it along with you, I want to get all my maintenance done. I will even change the fluid in yours if you would like. I was going to order one and I guess I can if there is not one already within the group.

Thanks,

Dave

DDozier said:
Anyone that is going to make it on Sunday and has the ACURA ABS fluid change tool and does not mind loaning it out please bring it along with you, I want to get all my maintenance done. I will even change the fluid in yours if you would like. I was going to order one and I guess I can if there is not one already within the group.

Thanks,

Dave

my pump makes a lot of noise.. let me know if you find/get the tool.

I will be out at the mills at 7am for the drive.

Back