• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Paul Police Raids on Reporters...

Without getting into another liberal/republican debate on here... just base this on what is happening...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi1eluuDGss&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi1eluuDGss&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Other reporters who were in town to cover the protests have been arrested for no reason other than covering the event....

Four journalists, including AP photog, arrested on riot charges at RNC

I'm sorry but this is absolutely crazy. We don't live in a police state... what the hell is going on here?

This just BOILS my blood...

It should boil everyone's blood. We are becoming a police state and the 4th Amendment is being incrementally torn to shreds.

Since 9/11 don't ya think the national sphincter tone has increased:rolleyes:,and not for nuttin but the terrorists actions of years ago have forever changed the way we deal with public spaces.

"pre-emptive video arrest"

she can go to bed tonight feeling like shes important:tongue:

:confused::confused::confused:Are you not offended by what you saw?

Regards,

Danny

uhhh, im more offended by people calling bush a nazi, and saying he should be convicted of genocide and crimes against humanity.

You really just shot yourself in the foot.....Their only offense to you was that they were covering/reporting the antiwar protest outside the RNC. Imagine if Fox news was detained by Denver police for covering anti-peace demonstrations outside the DNC.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
dont you think that there is more to this story than any of us know?

armed police arent just sent out to secure people with camera's in thier houses.

what kind of shananagans do you think they were planning on thier web blog stuff/web forums that the police/secret service were monitoring for security purposes prior to the rnc.

dont you think that there is more to this story than any of us know?

armed police arent just sent out to secure people with camera's in thier houses.

what kind of shananagans do you think they were planning on thier web blog stuff/web forums that the police/secret service were monitoring for security purposes prior to the rnc.

Their "offense" was reporting on the police treatment of anti-war protestors during the 2004 RNC in NYC. Seriously. Also, the warrant was for the wrong address, and as the reporter noted, the police needed a subpoena.
That's the whole point here.

Regards,

Danny

Support the 2nd if you care about the other amendments.

Support the 2nd if you care about the other amendments.

Then those reporters in the house would have been slaughtered and the cops would have some justification for killing them. They don't look like the type anyways. In this case, the pen IS mightier than the sword.

Regards,

Danny

Well I certainly hope there is another side to this story. Nobody asked the police officers that I saw, or the authority responsible. My guess is they are accused of having something to do with the non peaceful protests, but without more information besides a one sided video it's difficult to come to any conclusion.

But let's be honest, what's the point of this sort of thing with the internet? Any and every video that's even 1% legitimate is put up for the whole world to see. Keeping a few journalists in some house is not going to do anything substantial and if anything it doesn't take a genius to realize it will get a ton of bad press regardless.

After they went around during the aftermath of Katrina forcing people to give up their arms, who knows what was going on. A few government employees are unknowingly very lucky I didn't live in the area and they didn't ask for my rifles and shot guns.

I agree this is only one side of the story... i'd like to hear both sides. But i've yet to find anything from the police/gov't justifying this action. If anyone can dig up more info on it I would be great to hear ALL sides to it.

I just am wary enough of our gov't that I wouldn't put it past them to do stuff like this. I hope i'm wrong though.

Meh I grew up under a dictator. My blood didn't even bother to stop and boil for this. Different perspective for different folks. Such is the good side, and the bad side of freedom. People have the freedom to be retarded, including the police and the government. Agreeing with it, or not, is another example of our freedom. My blood will boil when the cops start shooting folks. :cool:

*puts on flame suit just in case* :biggrin:

Last edited:
why wasnt the cnn team put on lockdown? i saw a clip of the protest on cnn.

They had their cameras and videos confiscated. No guns, no drugs, no terrorists, just their footage of the riots. Also, wrong address and wrong documents were used by the police.

Regards,

Danny

These people (the vast majority of the protesters who are not from here) come to MY town and pull this crap. Rioting. Breaking out shop windows. Destroying squad cars. This is NOT protesting.

They get what they deserve and thats a lot less force than what they actually got.

Thats what BOILS my blood.

Many of the protesters are the mutant "professional" traveling protesters:rolleyes:I hope they tend to thier own lives and family with such zeal:rolleyes:

These people (the vast majority of the protesters who are not from here) come to MY town and pull this crap. Rioting. Breaking out shop windows. Destroying squad cars. This is NOT protesting.

They get what they deserve and thats a lot less force than what they actually got.

Thats what BOILS my blood.

But these weren't protesters... these were reporters... in a house... away from the protests... who had done nothing but filmed the protests and reported on it (or tried to).

I agree with you completely that these violent protesters needed to be stopped... but those people are not the people in the video above. The people in the video have press credentials and are allowed to be there and cover the story.

But these weren't protesters... these were reporters... in a house... away from the protests... who had done nothing but filmed the protests and reported on it (or tried to).

I agree with you completely that these violent protesters needed to be stopped... but those people are not the people in the video above. The people in the video have press credentials and are allowed to be there and cover the story.

Agreed.

Cops typically don't do something like this just because they have nothing better to do. Lets wait and see what the evidence shows when this plays out.

I'm not sure who I hate the most, the militant police that have cannibalized the bill of rights, the rabble-rousing protesters who bitch and whine about every little thing without ever making a contribution, or the muck-raking reporters who sling blame and accusations without regard to truth or perspective all under the premise that they are a necessary check on government. They are all ruining this country and they can all burn in you-know-where as far as I'm concerned. Rant off.:rolleyes:

Why not just let the cops in to search the house instead of waiting under siege for a warrant?

Something doesn't add up....

If you have ever had experience with the police, enough to actually know what the real truth is- not what you read in police reports, the news, or some axxhole "witness" who is seeking his 15 minutes of fame after the fact, then you would (hopefully) think twice about just stepping aside and inviting the police in to search your home.
IMO the police generally see the world like this: those of us in blue (the good guys exempt from the laws) and the rest of the world (people we get to arrest with or without probable cause). If you are not in blue you are just someone who needs to be dealt with one way or another.
I actually like and respect the honest, hardworking police -was one for a long career. Unfortunately, not all are like that. However that does not cause me to foolishly give up my rights, then, now, never.

"If you have ever had experience with the police, enough to actually know what the real truth is- not what you read in police reports, the news, or some axxhole "witness" who is seeking his 15 minutes of fame after the fact, then you would (hopefully) think twice about just stepping aside and inviting the police in to search your home.
IMO the police generally see the world like this: those of us in blue (the good guys exempt from the laws) and the rest of the world (people we get to arrest with or without probable cause). If you are not in blue you are just someone who needs to be dealt with one way or another."

Cairo94507,
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:
Why not just let the cops in to search the house instead of waiting under siege for a warrant?

Something doesn't add up....

The cops wanted to seize their video equipment.

Regards,

Danny

Back