• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Paul Police Raids on Reporters...

If you have ever had experience with the police, enough to actually know what the real truth is- not what you read in police reports, the news, or some axxhole "witness" who is seeking his 15 minutes of fame after the fact, then you would (hopefully) think twice about just stepping aside and inviting the police in to search your home.
IMO the police generally see the world like this: those of us in blue (the good guys exempt from the laws) and the rest of the world (people we get to arrest with or without probable cause). If you are not in blue you are just someone who needs to be dealt with one way or another.
I actually like and respect the honest, hardworking police -was one for a long career. Unfortunately, not all are like that. However that does not cause me to foolishly give up my rights, then, now, never.

Same here. No warrant, you are not getting in and if you try you better be swat or it's going to be a blood bath. Slight exaggeration, that's derived from an old rap song, felt appropriate.

I'm not sure what to make of all this.

On the one hand, every pion with a videocamera and a youtube account is not a journalist IMO. I'm worried if people start using that as some sort of shield to get away with wrongful actions. I'm sure threatening cops with legal talk works in many cases.

On the other side, I do think some of the recent changes in law, such as our Govs right to search and copy laptops at airports with no reason/warrant/or anything is WAY out of line with the nature of what this country is supposed to be about.

The cops wanted to seize their video equipment.

Regards,

Danny

Sounds like a warrant was inevitable? I guess I just don't get why anyone would try and seize anything...especially with all the "live" feeds these days. There's no way they'd get all the copies.

There was probably some sort of call into the local police department about some suspicious activities....then they spin it into something that it isn't.

Then again, it could be our crazy government...

There was probably some sort of call into the local police department about some suspicious activities....then they spin it into something that it isn't.

during things like this the security is magnafied from every day status, theyre lucky the secret service or fbi didnt come raid the place

They had their cameras and videos confiscated. No guns, no drugs, no terrorists, just their footage of the riots. Also, wrong address and wrong documents were used by the police.

Regards,

Danny

Go read the law a bit further. Then come back and comment.
Also, what if fox news did this, or did that? Guess what, they didnt. Republicans typically dont go and protest the DNC for two reasons. One, we dont stoop that low, and two we are not radical extremists like a lot liberals are.

Its called Karma. What goes around, comes around. Nuff said.

Go read the law a bit further. Then come back and comment.
Also, what if fox news did this, or did that? Guess what, they didnt. Republicans typically dont go and protest the DNC for two reasons. One, we dont stoop that low, and two we are not radical extremists like a lot liberals are.

Its called Karma. What goes around, comes around. Nuff said.

Wrong address is wrong address so no need for further reading of the laws needed here. Also, imagine this: Fox news covering Republicans Anti-Peace protesters at the DNC. What bothered you more: Pictures from Abu Ghraib or the fact that it was leaked? Your self-righteousness is quite amusing though.

Regards,

Danny

Wrong address is wrong address so no need for further reading of the laws needed here. Also, imagine this: Fox news covering Republicans Anti-Peace protesters at the DNC. What bothered you more: Pictures from Abu Ghraib or the fact that it was leaked? Your self-righteousness is quite amusing though.

Regards,

Danny

Ok, the house was a 2 unit or multi-family home. These are usually titled under a single address in the county courthouse retrieval system. Which, btw, is used to verify most address when issuing any court derived document. Therefore, the address was probably spot on. So, go and read, like I said.

Abu Ghraib? Nothing bothered me. I personally think, for those people who were enprisoned there get whatever they having coming to them. I presume you are against torturing terrorists to gather information that may lead to saving american lives? Your carefree, it will never happen to me, everyone is my brother, cant we all just get along attitude amuses and disgusts me though. However, if I had to answer your question, I am more upset that it was leaked. The media should keep their nosy little asses out the military's business.

Ok, the house was a 2 unit or multi-family home. These are usually titled under a single address in the county courthouse retrieval system. Which, btw, is used to verify most address when issuing any court derived document. Therefore, the address was probably spot on. So, go and read, like I said.

Abu Ghraib? Nothing bothered me. I personally think, for those people who were enprisoned there get whatever they having coming to them. I presume you are against torturing terrorists to gather information that may lead to saving american lives? Your carefree, it will never happen to me, everyone is my brother, cant we all just get along attitude amuses and disgusts me though. However, if I had to answer your question, I am more upset that it was leaked. The media should keep their nosy little asses out the military's business.

Wow, you're exactly what scares me here in America. Sad, just sad.

Regards,

Danny

Wow, you're exactly what scares me here in America. Sad, just sad.

Regards,

Danny

what are you talking about? i like that guy!

Abu Ghraib boo hoo, the only thing that would suck about that is if there where innocent people in Abu Ghraib, other than innocent people i could care less because the rest are disgusting animals

Taxi to the Dark Side is an eye opening film on the subject... I highly recommend it. I just might change some viewpoints in this thread. It won an academy award in 2007.

Among the slew of documentaries inspired by the post-9/11 war, arguably none is more important than Alex Gibney's Taxi to the Dark Side. The story it has to tell, with compelling thoroughness and no recourse to rhetoric, should be as disturbing to Americans supporting the war as it is to opponents. In December 2002, Dilawar, a young rural Afghan cabdriver, was accused of helping to plan a rocket attack on a U.S. base, clamped into prison at Bagram, and subjected to physical torture so relentless that he died after two days of it. But Dilawar was innocent--and he'd been denounced by the real culprit, who thereby took the heat off himself and won points with U.S. forces by giving them "a bad guy." Dilawar was the first fatal victim of Vice President Dick Cheney's devotion to "working the dark side"--torturing, humiliating, and otherwise abusing prisoners in the "Global War on Terror." His story, developed in horrific detail with testimony from the soldiers who tortured him, and also from two New York Times investigative reporters, becomes a prism for slanting light onto the "dark side" policy and the mindset behind it. The program at Bagram was deemed such a success that it served as the model for Abu Graibh the following year in Iraq, and both prisons became pipelines to the detainee facility at Guantánamo, Cuba.

The film's impact is powerful and complex. We come to see the very soldiers who broke Dilawar's body and spirit as victims, too--and patsies of a policy that, from Cheney and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on down, ignored the Geneva Convention and shrouded itself (and commanding officers) in "a fog of ambiguity" while the grunts took the fall. A lot of these grunts testify here, and the accumulation of their individual perspectives on a shared tragedy is devastating. The latter half of the film features penetrating commentary from critics of torture as a policy (Senator John McCain was still one at the time), all of whom agree that it doesn't work and it only damages us. And for Theatre of the Absurd, there's a PR tour of (a discrete portion of) the Guantánamo facility, which turns out to be kinda like summer camp: "They get ice cream on Sundays." Finally, Taxi to the Dark Side isn't about torture or politics or the justness or unjustness of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Gibney is entirely correct when he says, "It's really about the American character and whether we have become something rather different from what we imagine ourselves to be." He's asking; he doesn't want it to be true. --Richard T. Jameson

Last edited:

Abu Ghraib boo hoo, the only thing that would suck about that is if there where innocent people in Abu Ghraib, other than innocent people i could care less because the rest are disgusting animals

Another sad and shameful example of a "values" voter.

Regards,

Danny

[insert personal attack to lowellhigh79's voting reasons here]

there is no perfect right answer for things like this, there was no perfect flawless way to rid the world of the 9/11 people and thier supporters, loss of innocent lives is a horrible thing and im not saying something towards all muslims because as human beings we should all be able to control our own destiny until you start things like 9/11.

nobody wants to kill innocent people in iraq/afganastan, but it is the grusome price that will be paid.

that is what i think and if thats a "shameful example of a values voter" then you can shove it

[insert personal attack to lowellhigh79's voting reasons here]

there is no perfect right answer for things like this, there was no perfect flawless way to rid the world of the 9/11 people and thier supporters, loss of innocent lives is a horrible thing and im not saying something towards all muslims because as human beings we should all be able to control our own destiny until you start things like 9/11.

nobody wants to kill innocent people in iraq/afganastan, but it is the grusome price that will be paid.

that is what i think and if thats a "shameful example of a values voter" then you can shove it

Wow, you started out reasonable, but capped it off with something very reflective of your soul. And what did Iraq have to do with 911?

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:

Hey, thanks man :biggrin:

Ill tell you what Danny and da3dalus, go and tell your side of human rights and compassion to my friends up in Jersey who lost family in the WTC attacks. Go tell your side to my brothers who are fighting for this country as we speak. Go and tell my uncle and my fathers friends that lost friends and family in the 9/11 attacks.

Once we have evened the score, then we can talk about being fair and just. Our method is alot better than using women, pregnant at that, and children as human shields and suicide bombers. Perhaps we should just stand in the desert over there waving a big red flag and holding a sign that says, "hey guys, come on. Lets fight fair. Lets be just and balanced. Come out of hiding and lets talk this through". Yeah, I am sure that will work. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid brother. You'll find out the truth of the world soon enough.

Hell, while your at it, lets elect Obama, disarm america, rely more on foreign oil, open our borders up even more, and wait to be invaded or bombed. At least we can say that we did everything we could to be fair and just. :rolleyes:

Eye for an eye. Eye for an eye.

Am I a sad, sad soul? I am a shameful example of a valued voter? Come on over and find out. I am sure we can talk it out. :rolleyes:

What did Iraq have to do with 9/11? Dude are you serious? Are you still asking that question? Wow. You must be related to Jim Jones.

Hey, thanks man :biggrin:

Once we have evened the score, then we can talk about being fair and just. Our method is alot better than using women, pregnant at that, and children as human shields and suicide bombers. Perhaps we should just stand in the desert over there waving a big red flag and holding a sign that says, "hey guys, come on. Lets fight fair. Lets be just and balanced. Come out of hiding and lets talk this through". Yeah, I am sure that will work. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid brother. You'll find out the truth of the world soon enough.

Hell, while your at it, lets elect Obama, disarm america, rely more on foreign oil, open our borders up even more, and wait to be invaded or bombed. At least we can say that we did everything we could to be fair and just. :rolleyes:

Am I a sad, sad soul? I am a shameful example of a valued voter? Come on over and find out. I am sure we can talk it out. :rolleyes:

What did Iraq have to do with 9/11? Dude are you serious? Are you still asking that question? Wow. You must be related to Jim Jones.

Wow, easy to spot a Fox fan (my apologies to FOX and its viewers, it was too funny to pass up). Ignorance, misguided vengence, self righteousness.... sad indeed.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:

Goodness. Are YOU serious?

Regards,

Danny

Any eye? The eye of the villains who perpetrated 9/11, or just someone who looks like him, or has a similar name,or just lives nearby?

Regards,

Danny

nathan... check out this link...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=zeitgeist&hl=en&emb=0&aq=0&oq=zeit#

Fast forward to 40:40 and just watch that section if you have the time. I'm not saying all of its true... but what I am saying is there is a hell of a lot of funny coincidences that I can't all dismiss...

Like the fact none of the hijackers were actually listed on the passenger manifests... or the fact one of their passports was claimed to have been found in the ruble, or the even bigger fact A LARGE PORTION OF THE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FOUND ALIVE ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD. But our government and the media has conveniently left out this information.

And the biggest problem of all... that this link was established between Iraq and 9/11 and it quite simply, is one of the biggest lies perpetrated on the American public in all of history. That link has never existed, the 9/11 commission never came to that conclusion, yet ask the guy on the corner of the street, and all of the terrorists somehow came from Iraq... when they didn't.

Thats what worries me. Its all a bit too convenient. Even if 15% of what is said in the movie is true... it scares the crap out of me.

I believed everything they said up to the point where they said the police lied and committed perjury.

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I hit my spell check button and found I misspelled perjury and my first choice for correction was....piggery.

The vidoe makes me ill just to watch it. This crap is way out of control.

I believed everything they said up to the point where they said the police lied and committed perjury.

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I hit my spell check button and found I misspelled perjury and my first choice for correction was....piggery.

The vidoe makes me ill just to watch it. This crap is way out of control.

Hay Steve...

LOL. Did your spell check button skip "vidoe"? :tongue:

Doug

Hay Steve...

LOL. Did your spell check button skip "vidoe"? :tongue:

Doug

No I added that after I added the part about the spell check. How would I be able to write the spell check sentence about what spell check caught or anything after it before I ran the spell check? :tongue::biggrin:

Back