• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stacy's Sideskirt install DFW

Hey guys,

I just got in my stacy's signature series sideskirts this week. Already primed by Stacy, have to love the extra service!!

I would like to avoid having to pay a shop to fit and install them, I would rather just have to pay to have them painted.

But I think this install may be a little out of my league, so I thought I would see if there is any more experienced people that may want to help with fitting them up. Based on what I have read on other threads and from Stacy, it shouldn't be to bad of an install, but more than I am willing to tackle solo.

Basically will need to fit them up on the car, take them back off and then have them painted and put back on.

I also have a cantrell concepts 02+ front spoiler from SOS coming that I will also have painted. Hoping it will make for a nice look when everything is done.

I think I am the first DFWer to have the skirts, but if there is anybody else that has ever put them on or thinks they may be able to help let me know. Or if yall think this kind of install is better left to a shop, let me know that, too. :)

Thanks,
Charlie

i'm in atlanta, but would love to see pics of that front spoiler painted on a 02+. please post some pics in the general forum when you are done.

good luck with the work,

rk

This is a 80k car, don't mess with it unless you have no doubt you can do it.
Paying a hour of labor for test fitting would be well worth it if you consider the alternative. My .02.
Be sure to come show it off as I'm interested to see the finished product.

Do you know someone with a bodyshop? If not, I have personally used Mansfield Auto Body (ofcourse in Mansfield) they do great job, they do custom jobs, it would be a referral so may include a price break, have work on a couple of NSXs and are currently working on my friends 911. Highly recomended. PM or email me if you want more information.

www.mansfieldpaintandbody.com

rk-nsx - I will post some pictures when things are done.

Ghostrider - Thanks for the input, I am definetly not trying to be cheap, the money doesn't matter. But if I can do it myself with some help, then I would rather do that since I enjoy tinkering with cars and know others do as well. Now if I knew the shop was only going to charge an hour, then I definetly wouldnt waste my time, but you know when I show up in this car with a basically a one off piece they have never done, it wont be just one hour the charge me for :)

whatisreal7 - Thanks for the offer and the input.

Pirana - I used a local shop before to paint the lower front part of my car when I hit a retread in the road and they did a pretty decent job. But if I go the shop route, I will get with you. That sounds like a good place.

I will probably end up going the shop route, just because I work so much and don't have a lot of free time and would rather know it is getting done then taking me forever to do it, but if somebody thinks they are game I am willing to give it a shot.

not yet. my car is in the shop right now for some warranty work.

Car goes into the shop on Monday to have the SS's put on. Still waiting for the front spoiler to show up from SOS, when ever that may be :rolleyes: So hopefully I will at least have the skirts on this week!!

Well just an update, after some repeated delays and issues with the installation of these things my car goes back into the shop again on Monday with anticipation of finally being done by the end of the week.

They also have my cantrell front spoiler to fit, paint, and install also.

Also ordered some Avus wheels that wheels boutique assures me will be here by Friday also, so hopefully the wheels will really set things off! Here are some pictures of the wheels. Couldn't find any on an NSX, but they had one on a Porsche. On the Porsche it is a 5 1/2" lip, but on the NSX the biggest they can go are 3 1/2" Should hopefully look pretty good.

Just need the stars to line up so everybody comes through on what they say.

Charlie

Attachments

• af501.jpg
    af501.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Picture-154.jpg
    Picture-154.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 295
Adam,

I have a bunch but they are to big to let me post on here, I will try to resize some tomorrow and post them up or email them to you.

Charlie

I am considering same rims, what size did you order? Chrome? I thought 18/19 would look sweet.... JR's in Irving stocks and sells the Avus 501, about 1,000 each How much did you pay? thks Brent :biggrin:

Texas91Brent said:
I am considering same rims, what size did you order? Chrome? I thought 18/19 would look sweet.... JR's in Irving stocks and sells the Avus 501, about 1,000 each How much did you pay? thks Brent :biggrin:

Hey Brent,

I went with Chrome and 18/19. I will PM you about the price.

Charlie

odenspike - COuld you e-mail me ([email protected]) a high res photo of the 911 with those rims or maybe a link to the picture? My 911TT is Black on Black and the small photo looks great, just want to see a larger version before I decide to spend the $$$s.

Thanks,
Steve

2004 NSX Black / Camel
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
Our other cars: 2006 CLS55 Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 Boxster S Seal Grey / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2001 911TT Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

Steve,

The photo is from the wheels boutique website. http://www.wheelsboutique.com/gallery_porsche.asp First row, third from the bottom.

Ben at WB who I ordered these wheels from said it is one of the guys who works there so he may be able to get some better pictures. The website has a few more pictures of the wheel on the car. Back before I knew what these wheels were, I actually saw it on a porsche out in Midland and I have to say it looks awesome on those cars. That 5 1/2 lip on the back is incredible looking if you like the deep dish look. You are welcome to check them out on my car when they come in so you can atleast see what they look like on an NSX.

Adam,

No updates yet. Friday is D-Day, and this SOB better come through since I have given him 4 weeks to get it done :mad: If he doesn't come through I am going to take it to a guy Mike recommended in Arlington.
I did a drive by the shop today and it appears to be in the same condition it was when I dropped it off on Monday, STOCK. But hopefully he is maybe at least painting them and the front spoiler maybe. It shouldn't take him long to put them on, if he will just do it.

Charlie

Hey Charlie...
Not to make you feel worse than I'm sure you already do, but if your car was sitting stock (with the oem skirts still on) when you did the drive-by, then he has definitely not painting your SS skirts. There is plenty of on the car fitting to do with the primed SS skirts, waaaaay before they get painted. He would definitely have had the stock ones off by now. As much of a pain in the ass it sounds like now, you may be FAR furthur ahead by taking it to a different shop...NOW...especially BEFORE he takes it apart. If things don't feel right now, you definitely don't want to wait another 4 weeks, and then try to have him gather all of your nuts and bolts and parts together in a box for the next guy to try and figure out (aside from the fact that I'm sure he will try to charge for somthing, one way or another)...AND, the next guy will charge you double for having to fix another shops screw up. I tell you this from experience. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree with you, I should have probably cut my losses weeks ago, but when I picked it up last weekend, they were fitted and just needed to be repainted and put on, so we agreed that he would put the car back to stock and I could pick it up for the week and give him a chance to get caught up on his other jobs since it didn't appear he was going to get to finishing it up anytime soon and me bring it back in this week.

I was really trying have to avoid the entire ordeal with another shop and it was only after about an hour discussion with him that I agreed to let him finish it up. I just hope he comes through, but Friday is D-day, it will either be done or put back to stock if he has some parts off. Since he has already put it back to stock once, at least it shouldn't be hard to do it again! He probably doesn't have but a few hours left of work to do, if he will just do it!

I will let everybody know how it turns out!!

Charlie

This is ridiculous. It is a friggin' 1 day job.
Sorry Charlie... (couldn't resist always wanted to say that, lol)

GHOSTRIDER said:
Sorry Charlie... (couldn't resist always wanted to say that, lol)

:biggrin: LOL

Good luck on it all....EVENTUALLY, we all find a body/paint/service/whatever shop that we trust to work on the cars we love, but untill then, it is nothing short of a nightmare! :rolleyes:

Make sure you let us know how it goes.

-Joel

Charlie - Thanks for the link. Let me know when you have the wheels on your NSX, I would like to see them in person. What sizes did you order?

2004 NSX Black / Camel
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
Our other cars: 2006 CLS55 Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 Boxster S Seal Grey / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2001 911TT Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

Steve, they are 18x8 front and 19x10 rear. Not sure what the offset is, would need to ask Ben. No spacers/adapters will be required. You can definetly check them out when they come in.

Adam -- Hahaa :tongue: Oh, if I only had a dollar for how many times I had to hear that growing up!

Joel - Nightmare is right. Just want it done with! Hopefully the saying will be true, good things come to those who wait.....I know I have definetly waited long enough.

Guess you guys were right.

Got my car back, still stock. As of Friday night car was going to be ready this morning. Got a call from the shop said, more issues, blah blah blah, now the color didn't match good enough so he didn't put them on and wanted to repaint them. I told enough was enough and I just picked it up. What a PITA and a month long ordeal! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back