• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Static Charge??

My car is 130R White, and I've noticed black soot all over the back of my car, and obviously carbon from the exhaust. It seems to be statically charged to the car as it will not wipe off. I have noticed a similar issue with dust on the lower part of the doors. Too cold where I live, so no car washes yet, but just curious to know if any one else has this similar issues and curious to know if perhaps this static charge, if that's what it is, is related to the battery for the electric motors??

I get the soot also, I believe it comes from switching from Sport to Sport+ more so as that allows the crap to exit.

However, it brushes off (use a detail brush!) and doesn't smear.

there is a static charge of most cars bumpers it attracts most particulates ....

Have a similar layer of soot on the back as well... also 130R white.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much considering the previous car had it much worse with catless downpipes especially on pump gas since it's not a clean burning fuel. And it stained and smeared. Haven't that that issue yet with the NSX.

Back