• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

steering rack bushing improve steering ?

I used them on my MR2 way back. Yes there was improvement but I did feel more feedback through the steering wheel. I guess the rubber ones cushsion some of the shock.

I got SOS Steering Rack Urethane Bushing Kit and installed them a while back, I can not tell any differences with the new bushing. I still think was a good buy to replace factory rubber bushings that could start deteriorating due to the age of the NSX.

I felt a good a difference using the bushings. Car reacts faster to me when jerking the wheel to test it out. I would do it again for the 60$ or so they cost.

Yep, i like them, helped out a lot on my higher mileage baby.
Trev

Changed to SOS bushings on my 55K Mls '98 and really felt no difference, mind you, the OE bushings still looked/felt like new when removed.

As I got me another '98 with only 21K Mls and am selling the 60K Mls NSX in full OE setup, I removed all aftermarket stuff from that car, including the SOS bushings and put them on my new 21K Mls car and again no difference.
So probably only useful with older high mileage cars in dry climate.

One point of interest though:
I have not been able to replace the front half bushing of the mounting bolt that is just above the main powersteering housing, as that one is impossible to reach without removing the whole PS assembly from the car. Haven't got a clue how this can be done otherwise:mad:

I have 140K miles on my '91 and I recently changed to Chris's bushings. Upon inspection, my OEM bushings were not worn or degraded at all. I felt no discernible difference when driving either. HTH

I have 140K miles on my '91 and I recently changed to Chris's bushings. Upon inspection, my OEM bushings were not worn or degraded at all. I felt no discernible difference when driving either. HTH

That is helpful. I was debating on whether or not to get these in the future but wasn't sure if it was worth it or not.
I have 72K currently and I believe the car has always been in the southeaster US. I've never looked at the current bushings to see the condition of them though. Guess I proably should.

Back