• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Step 1 for F1 in 2006: BMW-Sauber

Today BMW announced that it will buy the majority of the Sauber team and will start as an own team without Williams in 2006.

As I suspected (and proposed as a bet) in another thread this is only the 1st step for the carousel. One of next steps will be Honda taking a new partner (the name BAR will not exist any more in 2006) - I guess Williams.

And maybe Michelin has to face some major changes for 2006 due to the USGP scandal.

Be glad that we load all the swiss debt-bringers on our shoulders! BTW: I heard you have some problems with your train power supply - should we buy it? :biggrin:
OTOH swiss Pharma companies buy their german competitors - so it's even overall I guess.

NSX-Racer said:
Today BMW announced that it will buy the majority of the Sauber team and will start as an own team without Williams in 2006.

As I suspected (and proposed as a bet) in another thread this is only the 1st step for the carousel. One of next steps will be Honda taking a new partner (the name BAR will not exist any more in 2006) - I guess Williams.

And maybe Michelin has to face some major changes for 2006 due to the USGP scandal.

I dont see the name BAR-Honda going away. Didnt Honda buy a siginificant stake of BAR?

ADNOH said:
I dont see the name BAR-Honda going away. Didnt Honda buy a siginificant stake of BAR?
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the name. BAR is called BAR because of the main sponsor BAT. And BAT will most likely end the sponsorship at the end of the season because of the multiple tobacco advertisement bans. In 2006 there may be a team called Honda-??? (put in Williams or whatever you want except BAR).

NSX-Racer said:

I guess this is the advantage of having NSXPrime members from all over the world

this information (if true) is so fresh, I can't seem to find.

you being in Germany (I presume) allowed you to get information faster than the rest of the world

But this is really great information

this means the begining of a car manufacturer war!!

BMW vs Mecrdes Benz vs Honda vs Ferrari vs Renault. Rock on!

It was speculated earlier this year that by mid season, Honda would buy out BAR and BAR-Honda would become known as Honda F1 Racing only. I think it would be interesting if they supplied Williams with customer engines but all their resources will go to their own factory effort so Williams probably won't get much support despite their previous championships together.

I'm still hoping this season doesn't go down the drain after next Wednesday's hearing in Paris!

cmhs75 said:
I guess this is the advantage of having NSXPrime members from all over the world

this information (if true) is so fresh, I can't seem to find.

you being in Germany (I presume) allowed you to get information faster than the rest of the world

But this is really great information

this means the begining of a car manufacturer war!!

BMW vs Mecrdes Benz vs Honda vs Ferrari vs Renault. Rock on!

More info: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?t=188492&f=42&h=0

Back