• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding - ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys won't believe what Steve did to my car. I can't say enough good words about Steve, his work and his knowledge of vehicles overall...not just the nsx. Just to give some history on the details, I planned a drive to Deals Gap last month and on the first good day there...my clutch failed in one of the turns on Cherohola skyway. I had no clues that my clutch was going out and no slippage warnings. I was faced with a delimma... either limp it back to Mississippi or limp it back to Steve in Raleigh where i knew it would be *fixed right*. I decided to call Steve and make sure he would be able to work on it. Steve immediately offered to drive to me and trailer it back to his shop but I decided to try limping it back to him instead. To make this story short, Steve ordered and put on new oem clutch for me, completed a full timing belt/water pump, major service package for me and completely went over my car checking out anything that was in need of repair or service. I can't say enough good things about Steve and the work he performed on my car. Anyone that knows me knows that I am quite anal about keeping my vehicle maintenance up to date and keeping my cars in tip-top shape. Since getting my car back from Steve, I was able to immediately tell how much smoother sounding my nsx sounds at idle and how much better the power response is. Again, I really can't say enough good things about Steve. He even went out of his way to put on a new front bumper cover for me that was donated to me by John Komar after a small mishap with my original front bumper (Thanks again John -99NCNSX!!) From his attention to detail, his great prices on the work he performs, all the way to the followup call to me confirming the nsx was handling to my satisfaction and checking that there were no problems or issues. Great guy and a definite asset to the NSX community. I can't say this enough, Steve is Great and he has my business for life.

Steve just finished a full service on my 1999 NSX-T. This included TB/WP, valve adjustment, cam seal replacement, spark plugs, all belts, thermostat, gaskets, coolant change, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc.

When Steve works on a car, he puts his soul and passion for cars into everything he does. To say that he treats each vehicle as his own would be an understatement.

Let me recount the final steps on my service experience with Steve. I was out of town yesterday. About 11:15pm I get a call on my cell phone from Steve. I could tell right away he was excited. He discovered some squeaks in my top during a final test drive. I had been reluctant to bring this up at this time, expecting to have Steve tackle this during a future service. He turns around and heads back to his shop immediately to work on these squeaks. He didn't stop until he corrected this issue completely.

Picked my car up this evening. As well as this car has run during my ownership, it now is incredible. Steve was kind enough to take me out for a run and demonstrate the incredible capabilities of these cars. WOW!

We NSX owners in the Raleigh and surrounding areas are truly blessed to have the talent and passion of Steve Gooding available to us. I would encourage anyone needing any service on their NSX to give Steve a call.

Steve just finished a full service on my 1999 NSX-T. This included TB/WP, valve adjustment, cam seal replacement, spark plugs, all belts, thermostat, gaskets, coolant change, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc.
I would encourage anyone needing any service on their NSX to give Steve a call.
Ditto!!!

What is Steve's number and where is his shop? I'm tired of getting raped by my dealer. It would be nice to know the person working on my x actually has seen one before.

Oh and Shannon, I'm thinking about making a run sometime in October or November. You hip?

You planning a run to deals gap? Daily Interlude is planning on going the weekend of Oct 13th.

PM Sent with Steve's info.

I've been to Steve once for service and the experience was excellent- we're so lucky to have him here as a resource in the Triangle.

I have one track event left (I hope!) before going in for a clutch replacement and Steve is where it's going. Great guy.

Steve, I'll see you after Summit Point !!!

PS- the new (used) shocks worked great at The Rock.

Back