• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Still hoping!

Looking for my first NSX that can be purchased around $25k, as I am on a teacher's salary!! Red with tan, manual, decent miles, and CARE are what I really seek most in one. If it needs the 65,000 mile repairs, I'll be in trouble. Thanks for reading! JP

Last edited by a moderator:
JP,

You should be able to find something.
Don't forget to factor in insurance and maintenance into your budget.

Check out the items in the FAQ portion of this site.
:)

You probably need to pay at least $27k for a good early NSX. Red is very common, but tan is non-existent on the early cars, IIRC. Ivory is available and likely the closest thing. Check the FAQ section for production #s by color/year.

As for the purchase, I don't think you will be able to get a loan for an NSX. Some credit unions may do it, but most places have criteria for age, mileage, etc. that will exclude the cars you are looking at. With a $25k annual income, you don't have a lot of room on the 40% debt to income ratio that may be the limit of what you can get a loan for.

A private loan from a family member might not be a bad way to go, if that is an option.

Otherwise, a home equity loan is probably the best way to finance an NSX. That assumes you have real property with some equity, not a rent payment. If you have not bought property, it may be foolish to buy an NSX.

I am about to sell my NSX, if you are interested pls pm me

1991 // 5-speed / red / blk interior (some scuffs on drivers seat) clean.
76500 miles (not in snap ring range ; 60000 service inc. timing belt , water pump, compressor belt, alternator belt DONE ; window fix it things DONE (window still rolls a bit slow but no problems) ; speaker amps REPLACED (works fine) ; new front stoptech rotors ; comptech headers ; comptech exhaust ; top painted to match body ; 94 wheels (gunmetal) ; replaced window rubber trim (solved wind noise issue)

things to fix:
A/C - checked with dealer and evaporator & blower motor needs to be replaced ($1800 - will deduct from price)
Oil pan - when I purchased the NSX, I had the dealer examine from top to bottom and they found the oil pan had a slight dent, however they said that it is not even worth mentioning - close to 2 years and no problems
Plastic trim that covers the windshield on the bottom(next to the wipers) has come loose on the right side. No threat of damage or leaks so I left it alone.

Basically the car drives awesome, looks almost brand new (some marks in front bumper) and virtually no problems. I would keep it but just purchased a 01 lexus GS430 for myself and my wife cant drive a stick...
*The car had some slight front end body work done but the work is top notch and the dealer could not tell anything was done to it.
P R I C E : $28000 subtract 1800 = $2 6, 2 0 0 . 0 0

Thanks,
Mike K.

If you are interested in a Black/Ivory, let me know.
I am thinking of selling, but never really have time to put the ad, but my asking price is around your price range.

NSX for sale

I have a 1991 black/black in great condiion, out of snap ring range with the 60K including the water pump already done, etc for sale. Only a few tasteful mods, 2001 "blades silver" wheels and tires, and an R&M muffler. All speakers have been replaced or rebuilt by Bose, and A/C is refreshed and converted to R134A by Honda dealership. I hate to sell it, especially since I am helping launch a new Acura dealership in Cleveland, but I have to trim a few toys to take this great opportunity with the Acura dealership!!!! Email with questions, however I am probably at the top of your price range, as it is a really nice car.

[email protected]

Still looking--my eternal vigil!

Still searching for that elusive first NSX for a teacher's budget (@$25,000 for the car).

Needs to be bright glistening red with cream seats (no bolster wear). Guess I'll have to concede on the miles, but not the condition. On a teacher's budget, I need things already replaced--not in need of replacing, Anyhow, if you're out there somewhere first NSX... LEXINGTON, KY

You guys are absolutely the best! Thanks for all the helpful replies. Red with cream leather is how I should have stated my goal, and @$25k is my budget for the car--not my salary. (Now I see why my students sometimes think I'm less than clear!)

I just picked up a decent 1991 NSX Red/Cream with exhaust, stereo and wheel mods and 80k miles for $25k. It's in "decent" shape, but compared to a few others I have seen in the $30-$33k range - this one needs a few thousand $ to get it up to par. :eek:

Here is what it needs to get it up to par with the nice ones:

* Full engine detail
* Some new hoses / wiring
* New seats or quality leather fix/repairs
* New carpet & mats
* New windshield wiper arms & blades
* New lower front skirt
* Correction of exhaust routing/rattling problems
* New shift boot assembly

I would guess this will cost me about $2k to get it done with friends that work in high places, and would probably cost you $3k+ if you didn't know people working at Acura, perf-shops, leatherworking, etc.

The car also has original A/C and window motors - so I'm probably going to be hit with some big repairs in the near future. ($2k-$4k)

Take for example the $30k 1993 with 90k miles forsale on these forums. The quality of the skirts & engine bay simply SMOKE this $25k car. From the looks of the exterior pics - I can imagine his seats do too :smile:

Back