• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stll losing clutch fluid. Vexing problem...

So after encountering the clutch pedal to the floor & clutch fluid disappearing issue, I had both the clutch master & slave cylinders replaced by Robert (RON98) at Speed Oracle, who did a great and sano job.

Apparently that did not fix the problem, as I am still losing clutch fluid. No obvious leaks anywhere, no fluid under the carpet, etc... I'm going to drop the car off with Rob when I get some time, but thought some input would be good before I ask him to spend hours fishing for a fix.

Advice? It seems like there are only a couple of likely culprits, and we replaced them both. What gives/what next?

No the hose to the slave was not replaced, Brain. Good suggestion.

When i had the car up, there was no leaks from the hoses but ill check it next time its on the lift.

how does the clutch feel? also make sure to keep the fluid full with dot 3 brake fluid in the mean time.

im going to be in this saturday working on 2 nsxs. if you want, drop by and we'll put her on the lift and find out whats leaking. looks like i should be done at about 3-4pm. your welcome to drop by before that and shoot the breeze with the other owners.

also if you want to come in any time. just give me a call and we can schedule something.

im also available after hours if you get off work late. lets say up till 9pm.

give me a ring. 888 285 2822, lets take a look at it today to get this ironed out asap!

anyother suggestions would be welcome. the more ideas the better, i'll just go through them when the NSX is here. :wink:

happy motoring.

Rob:smile:

Last edited:
I've been keeping it topped off. I did not see any leaks either. Dry as a bone.

Clutch pedal feels normal, but if I hold it it too long, it does the "go to the floor" thing. Yesterday was the first time it did that again, but I did notice that the fluid goes down a bit.

I'll hook up with you soon.

I've been keeping it topped off. I did not see any leaks either. Dry as a bone.

Clutch pedal feels normal, but if I hold it it too long, it does the "go to the floor" thing. Yesterday was the first time it did that again, but I did notice that the fluid goes down a bit.

Any news on this? My '92 which has a newish slave & master (2yrs 5k miles) just started doing the same thing. :mad:

saw you 2 days ago.

car looks fantastic.

bring it by so i can see where its coming from :mad:

regards

Rob:smile:

Back