• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen Nsx

It would be great to see that you have your car returned. I am hoping it is your car (seen on the flatbed) and that it is in good condition. I have your fear: it would be almost impossible to replace it.

crummy thread to have to read through.

i often back my suv in front of my garage (nsx housed) to make it more difficult should someone have an E-vil intention my ride.

looking forward to hearing it was your car they found today.
hal

it was in fact my car that they found! woohoo! from the looks of my brief walkthru of hte car, they only gave me a few minutes to gather my belongings so i couldn't really do much but it runs starts up, even though i think ill need a new ignition system put in since this one is broken. and they pretty much just took interior stuff, this to me makes it seem like it's someone at a meet i've met and saw what i had inside to want to take it and know where abouts i live ect...i guess no more meets for me from now on...

no offense to anyone, i've met some great guys who i'll stay in contact with but this all happened after an nsx meet and another car meet on the same night prior to it being stolen :(

anyways, they stole my entire center console which had a touch screen dvd/navi/mp3/cd player custom fab'd into the console. arc shift knob type r boot, my oem seats, my awesome nsx aftermarket cupholder, my bookbag of auto supplies, tools and oem compressor kit in the trunk. also took my spare tire and misc other things.

both of the tires in the back were pretty much bald and you can see all the rubber that flew off on the lower part of the rear bumper

I'm now waiting for my insurance company to set up an appt with me to go take a more detailed look at the car and decide what to do from there...

if they salvage the car then more than likely ill keep it and repair it, if they buy the car off me then i guess ill get a new car...if they give me money to repair the car then i guess it's time to get some aftermarket mods...along with a quick release steering wheel...

i'll keep everyone posted!

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your car... and at the same time glad it was found.

I sure hope you're wrong about your suspicion about the meet. This makes me think twice about going to one of these and/or make sure I'm not followed on my way back home after a meet.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your car... and at the same time glad it was found.

I sure hope you're wrong about your suspicion about the meet. This makes me think twice about going to one of these and/or make sure I'm not followed on my way back home after a meet.

Gary,

I know what you mean, it saddens me to say it as well..But if you think about it, I never had a problem where I lived for the last 2 years and on the day of the meets not saying it was someone from the meet, but everyone saw my interior and commented on my centerconsole install of the navigation/dvd player and then a few hours later that night, it was taken....im not placing blame but for me i'll probably not attend a meet any time soon. Just make sure you be careful!!!

Jimmy

Gary,

I know what you mean, it saddens me to say it as well..But if you think about it, I never had a problem where I lived for the last 2 years and on the day of the meets not saying it was someone from the meet, but everyone saw my interior and commented on my centerconsole install of the navigation/dvd player and then a few hours later that night, it was taken....im not placing blame but for me i'll probably not attend a meet any time soon. Just make sure you be careful!!!

Jimmy

Damn man that sux, I can't imagine it being anyone fro prime for the simple fact that I don't think anyone with an nsx could do that....I may be wrong but I hope not cause I had a blast and was looking forward to the next one...

on a side note didn't you say you didn't go straight home? sounds like possibly a coinsidence. good thing is your console isn't exactly a normal run of the mill mod, if any of us see it almost sure we will know where it came from..

GL with everything, in the past if interior is tampered with ins. generally salvages a car :frown: I will be praying for that not to happen for you

Damn man that sux, I can't imagine it being anyone fro prime for the simple fact that I don't think anyone with an nsx could do that....I may be wrong but I hope not cause I had a blast and was looking forward to the next one...

on a side note didn't you say you didn't go straight home? sounds like possibly a coinsidence. good thing is your console isn't exactly a normal run of the mill mod, if any of us see it almost sure we will know where it came from..

GL with everything, in the past if interior is tampered with ins. generally salvages a car :frown: I will be praying for that not to happen for you

yea i didnt go straight home but im sure if someone really wanted to they could find out where i live...either way i actually hope the insurance claims it as salvage and buys it from me, and ill try to re buy it back from them for cheaper so i can save myself some money, if not ill just replace the parts ...

it was in fact my car that they found! woohoo! from the looks of my brief walkthru of hte car, they only gave me a few minutes to gather my belongings so i couldn't really do much but it runs starts up, even though i think ill need a new ignition system put in since this one is broken. and they pretty much just took interior stuff, this to me makes it seem like it's someone at a meet i've met and saw what i had inside to want to take it and know where abouts i live ect...i guess no more meets for me from now on...

no offense to anyone, i've met some great guys who i'll stay in contact with but this all happened after an nsx meet and another car meet on the same night prior to it being stolen :(

i'll keep everyone posted!

jim,

sorry about the interior, that is suck. i was in rush heading to work this morning and did not have a chance to climb to the flatbed and take a look at the interior.

from a distance, all the exteriors look fine to me. hope it works out for you with your insurance.

don't let this incident discourage you to attend the meet, i attended one of these meets before and people seem cool, that was my first time meeting, bryan, shane, nalesh and lisa and others.

i have not attend other meets since we just have a baby and my schedule is very busy.

hope to see you sometime soon.

-nat

jim,

sorry about the interior, that is suck. i was in rush heading to work this morning and did not have a chance to climb to the flatbed and take a look at the interior.

from a distance, all the exteriors look fine to me. hope it works out for you with your insurance.

don't let this incident discourage you to attend the meet, i attended one of these meets before and people seem cool, that was my first time meeting, bryan, shane, nalesh and lisa and others.

i have not attend other meets since we just have a baby and my schedule is very busy.

hope to see you sometime soon.

-nat

yea im just blowing smoke, im sure i couldn't stay away for to long, i might just not attend for a short period of time just to get everything fixed and back to normal... hope to see you someday soon as well so i can buy you lunch/dinner!

Jimmy

anyways, they stole my entire center console which had a touch screen dvd/navi/mp3/cd player custom fab'd into the console. arc shift knob type r boot, my oem seats, my awesome nsx aftermarket cupholder, my bookbag of auto supplies, tools and oem compressor kit in the trunk. also took my spare tire and misc other things.

if they salvage the car then more than likely ill keep it and repair it, if they buy the car off me then i guess ill get a new car...if they give me money to repair the car then i guess it's time to get some aftermarket mods...along with a quick release steering wheel...

What I'm guessing is that the people who stripped the pieces off your car are hoping that your car will be totalled, then show up at auction. Then they buy it from auction, put all the pieces back in, and call it a day.

What I'm guessing is that the people who stripped the pieces off your car are hoping that your car will be totalled, then show up at auction. Then they buy it from auction, put all the pieces back in, and call it a day.

If this is the case, I'm guessing the only way to catch them would be to do a CSI on the car now and then finger print the auction buyer to see if there's a match. Just a thought...

If this is the case, I'm guessing the only way to catch them would be to do a CSI on the car now and then finger print the auction buyer to see if there's a match. Just a thought...

lol that would be great! I would love to see the end of that show....

thats insane someone would actually do that!

but everyone saw my interior and commented on my centerconsole install of the navigation/dvd player and then a few hours later that night, it was taken....im not placing blame but for me i'll probably not attend a meet any time soon. Just make sure you be careful!!!
Jimmy

Jimmy...I was probably one of the "everyone" who commented on your center console..... I can't vouch for "everyone" but the NSX crew is a pretty tight group as you will learn. Don't let this crook ruin your NSX experience and any future meets and drives, he/she did enough damage already.

Jimmy...I was probably one of the "everyone" who commented on your center console..... I can't vouch for "everyone" but the NSX crew is a pretty tight group as you will learn. Don't let this crook ruin your NSX experience and any future meets and drives, he/she did enough damage already.

oh no no don't get me wrong if it was someone on prime that i expected id have made myself clear about it, im not in anyway blaming anyone on prime... alot of people on prime and the s2ki meet knew me for quite some time so i know there are alot of good people on here, hence the reason i came to prime looking for help when it happened. so far everything is working out thus far since the incident, hopefully the insurance will make it a little easier on me and cover the damages and or buy out the car.

I'll keep everyone posted.

lol that would be great! I would love to see the end of that show....

thats insane someone would actually do that!

That used to be a comon practice in south Florida. After they put the car back together, they exported it. They used to remove the entire interior. I have seen some of these cars at Sadisco, a salvage auction for dealers only.

John

I'm glad to hear that your car was recovered so quickly.

Based on what you saw already re: damage to the car, lets hope the insurance company will not total the car.

And, its unlikely the meet had anything to do w/ the incident. Someone saw your car in your complex, peeked in and saw that aftermarket center console. It was probably scoped before the meet. They just happened to hit it up that particular night.

Last edited:
Do you know where they found your car at? What part of California? Rob

Hi Jimmy,
I'm so glad that you've found your car. Hopefully your car will be ready and you can make it to one of the near future nsx meetings. I now can look straight when driving, instead of all directions try to search for your car.:smile:

Phong

Sorry to hear about this Jimbo. Cheryl just told me. I cant believe it. Thats why you should always park it in a single or double garage not outside or some underground garage. So many nice cars in Hawaii get stolen the exact same way. They just tow them out of those underground garages.

I have been in your same boat and it doesnt feel good. But on the flip side if you get cash for your car then its time for a new car.:smile:
I honestly agree with you. Someone saw your system and wanted it. Same thing happened to me back in 1995.

I may be back in another NSX. The 02-05s are really going down in price so I may pick up a newer one and keep my 350z and MDX.:smile: Hit me up sometime.

I had a similar situation that happend to me a few years ago. I took my Civic Si to a local window tint shop, left the car there for a few hours. I picked it up later drove home and within 2 days, it was stolen right in front of my house. The cops found the car stripped (only the shell was left) the next day. This made me wonder whether or not the window tint company took down my address and passed it along to pros to jack my car. I told this to the cops and they followed up on the lead.

FYI I had an alarm ,dog in the garage and The Club to secure the car and still the thieves were able to take my car. Made me wonder too that if the window tint shop made duplicate keys of my car, and club too.....

Back