• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Straight from my "Honda Update Email"

"Acura ‘Advanced Sports Car Concept’ to debut at North American
International Auto Show

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061219NAIAS2007/

USA, December 19, 2006 - The Acura ‘Advanced Sports Car Concept’ will
make its debut at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in
Detroit. The concept provides a glimpse at the next generation Acura
exotic sports car."

01.jpg

Interesting...I hope they back off the "crease" in the rear bumper thing, but it appears that theme is coming up on their other concept cars.

If we're lucky, that drawing isn't too close to the ASC (shall we call it that now?) and instead we get something closer to the HSC.

(That concept drawing looks very front engine based)

I am going to say Honda will have two models, ASC and HSC. ASC will be more of sports coupe and HSC will be the next NSX. They will both have V10 and will focus on different aspects of "Sports." But then again, I am just guessing at this point... :tongue:

Akira said:
I am going to say Honda will have two models, ASC and HSC. ASC will be more of sports coupe and HSC will be the next NSX. They will both have V10 and will focus on different aspects of "Sports." But then again, I am just guessing at this point... :tongue:
I highly doubt they'd have two low-production sports cars. I could be wrong though... they do need to spread that V10 around like BMW did with the M5 and M6.

It's hard to say whether it's FR or MR from the picture, just like the Lexus LF-A. I think if the panel between the taillights is a vent (hard to tell, but I think it is), then there's a good chance it's MR. It's very hard to say from the proportions - it could go either way.

EDIT: It looks like the big trim area at the trailing edge of the rear window forms a small scoop, just like the small scoop behind the rear window of the NSX. I am thinking more and more that it's mid-engined, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Body also looks like it might be carbon fiber :)

Well this at least this makes sense and pretty much dispels any "they've just been hiding it" theories. If they can get this one to gel 2009/10 seems reasonable. I'm gonna wait till I see it in person before I cast any judgement on the looks. I'm gonna try not to get to attached since they broke my heart with the HSC:frown:

To me, the car looks muscular, front-engined, and all wheel drive........none of which connect it in any way to the NSX. :frown: The one thing that gave me cause for celebration was the fact that they used "exotic" to describe it. That tells me that it's not going to be mass-produced, and it's not going to be something you'll be seeing on every corner next to 350Zs, C6s, and G35s. That also means that it's not going to be your average Honda, either, and hopefully the gloves have officially come off with regards to horsepower and pushing the automotive engineering envelope. The automotive world is going to expect big things from Honda, and hopefully Honda will not let us down.

That being said, I can't wait until the 7th of January to see what it really looks like!

Akira said:
Let's hope that's right would be great!

Hi

What is front and what is back? I like one, but I am not sure which way I am supposed to drive it.

Regards

Wait a minute...is this different than the Advanced Sedan Concept? This one is called "Advanced Sports Car Concept"...which makes this a ASCC as opposed to the previously announced ASC. Either way, the pronunciation is right (assuming you pronounce your c's like s's)...

I dont like it, HSC is so much hotter:wink:

well I'm not that tech savvy so I don't know what all the fancy letters and numbers are that you guys are posting, but I'll have to see it in production before I make my mind up. As for now... I'm not impressed. I'll keep my NA2 LBBP...:wink: (Those are the only letters I'm familiar with :smile: )

jadkar said:
"Acura ‘Advanced Sports Car Concept’ to debut at North American
International Auto Show

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061219NAIAS2007/

01.jpg

ummm is that the front or the rear? :confused: The grill and logo look like a front grill because Ive never seen a grill on the back of a car. That being said this sketch could go both ways, if it is indeed the front then it looks like the engine is in the mid/back. If its the back then it looks like a front engine set up. Damn Honda please release something official looking and not cryptic. :biggrin:

NSXrunner said:
ummm is that the front or the rear? :confused: The grill and logo look like a front grill because Ive never seen a grill on the back of a car. That being said this sketch could go both ways, if it is indeed the front then it looks like the engine is in the mid/back. If its the back then it looks like a front engine set up. Damn Honda please release something official looking and not cryptic. :biggrin:

Ditto on that--get rid of that funky wedge in the back--don't know if it's coming or going...

Is there enough room for the engine behind the driver? That rear hatch glass looks pretty long--please say yes!

I actually like that design. I am still partial to the HSC as it really looked like the natural, modern evolution of the NSX. I always thought the HSC looked great...:frown: I actually think if they tweaked the HSC just a little bit they'd have a winner even in 2010 w/ ~500HP.

Regarding this drawing I think they should go a little more aggressive ala McLaren F1. I think the front fenders are a little too bulbous; kind of Astin-Martin like. To me that would be a terrific front-engine platform. The "RL-mutant" drawings floating around make me wanna hurl though.

By the drawing, Honda really might go the GT route competing with the Ferrari 599 GTB instead of the F430. This will be disappointing if this is the case.

NSXrunner said:

You guys are just in denial.... :biggrin:

That is quite obviously the rear of the car (red lights!), and there are more reasons than not, that it is front engine based... :redface:

My take on this "Exotic" to be.

Here is what I think:

Every two years or so Takeo Fukui gets a Testosterone shot :wink: to make up for the lack of the normal male organs that produce that hormone.:eek: At such a time of a spike in the said hormonal level in his blood, he start talking "junk" :mad: and starts throwing around speculative ideas of a V10, carbon body, mid-engine, Ferrari-trashing Honda that is about to explode on the scene.:rolleyes: In due time the aforementioned levels of the said hormone start to ebb lower until they disappear and just about that time the bean counters pay him a visit and tell him to shut the ***k up:mad: and shortly thereafter Honda lets it slip that any plans for a replacement for the NSX have yet to be finalized and are under future consideration:redface: .....etc. etc.

Honda then starts doing what they are really good at:cool: . Making very fine, fuel efficient people haulers that they sell by the scores:biggrin: . For kicks they put in a 500 hp engine in a small SUV and thrash it around for a while. :frown:

Two years pass and its time for the big shot again.:eek:

Re: My take on this "Exotic" to be.

That drawing is front-engined... no question.

I think it's a gorgeous car from this sketch - and if it was just any concept sportscar, I'd be excited to see it. However, a front-engined car is not an NSX or worthy to replace the NSX.

If they don't come out with a mid-engined car, they're going to lose a huge chunk of loyal customers. God-forbid they build what the customers want.

I thought I was becoming the only person who thinks it might be mid-engined, not front, but someone else agrees with me:
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1462/

It's very hard to say, but most of you seem to be fully decided that it's front-engined, and I don't think that's a completely safe assumption yet. It's only one pic, and it's ambiguous just like the Lexus LF-A.

rickysals said:
That drawing is front-engined... no question.

I think it's a gorgeous car from this sketch - and if it was just any concept sportscar, I'd be excited to see it. However, a front-engined car is not an NSX or worthy to replace the NSX.

If they don't come out with a mid-engined car, they're going to lose a huge chunk of loyal customers. God-forbid they build what the customers want.

What huge chunk of loyal customers??? There are still brand new 05 NSX's for sale. Most people on this board say don't buy a new NSX it's not worth it! How is that loyal? So many people here talk about wanting 500hp ,but then say they can't wait to buy it used. Honda doesn't make any money off of used cars! It's like going into Macy's and telling them that you bought their clothes from the second hand store because they're not worth buying new. I'm sure we all know what Macy's response would be. There are threads here that if Honda frequents this site would tell them how they failed us and the NSX????

Do 348 owners tell Ferrari that they messed up???? Yeah we know what a POS that car is yet their owners see a diamond everytime they look at it.

If we're their ( Honda's ) huge chunk of loyal customers then the project is fcked ,before it makes it to clay.

I'm not trying to come down on you man so please don't take this the wrong way. I wish we were Honda's American source so then I could at least try to convince them to still make the Cayman killing HSC for only $50-60k ( with only a 300+hp V6 ). I honestly think/feel Honda does a good job with just about everything they make so I trust they'll make a descent sportscar if they do ever make another sportscar. Front engine rear drive heck I'll even try the sh-awd:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Honda if you are reading please just ake another sportscar..I'm beggin ya!

Last edited:
Hi

I would really like to buy the new Honda sports car. But that will not happen. If it was only priced about $100.000 I would buy it in a blink of an eye. (as I run to the bank)

I paid about $66.000 for my 91 NSX in 2003 with all the norwegian crazy tax. A new sportscar from Honda with a pricetag of about $100.000 would be about $350.000 here in Norway.

I can dream about it though. We have at this point no tax on dreams in Norway, but I am sure they are thinking about a way to do that too.

So if the new NSX is only $100.000 I expect at least a handfull of members here line up to buy it.

Regards

liftcontrol said:
Here is what I think:

Every two years or so Takeo Fukui gets a Testosterone shot :wink: to make up for the lack of the normal male organs that produce that hormone.:eek: At such a time of a spike in the said hormonal level in his blood, he start talking "junk" :mad: and starts throwing around speculative ideas of a V10, carbon body, mid-engine, Ferrari-trashing Honda that is about to explode on the scene.:rolleyes: In due time the aforementioned levels of the said hormone start to ebb lower until they disappear and just about that time the bean counters pay him a visit and tell him to shut the ***k up:mad: and shortly thereafter Honda lets it slip that any plans for a replacement for the NSX have yet to be finalized and are under future consideration:redface: .....etc. etc.

Honda then starts doing what they are really good at:cool: . Making very fine, fuel efficient people haulers that they sell by the scores:biggrin: . For kicks they put in a 500 hp engine in a small SUV and thrash it around for a while. :frown:

Two years pass and its time for the big shot again.:eek:

This is good!!

Back