• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strange Engine Hiccup...

This hasn't happened before/in the past, but:

Today, after starting the NSX and giving it 30 seconds to warm up and get oil circulated, I put it in 1st gear and drove off slowly, as usual. I passed over rough bricked pavement, 1st gear at 2500rpm...and the engine kept cutting back power as if TCS was kicking in, but I got no TCS light. Throughout the day, after starting the car, before it is up to operating temperature, it would always do this when rolling over rough pavement...this has not ever happened in the past.

After the car is warmed up, this doesn't happen...only when the engine is still cold.

Any ideas? TIA... -Andie

p.s. Also, the Emissions TSB for 1995-97 NSX's...does it include replacing ICM and coils?

pardon the stupid questions...
- is it possible your TCS lamp is out ??
biggrin.gif

- or possibly defective/fouled wheel speed sensors causing undue TCS activation

The "only when cold" observation wouldn't have anything to do with recent fuel pressure/AF ratio tuning, which MAY have been optimized for more "steady state" conditions ?? Just a thought.

Get the flame thrower and burn off that extra gas... works great whilst on the rough road -- prevents that bigfoot SUV from rear-ending you as you tiptoe through the tulips
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cojones:
burn off that extra gas... works great

You mean like this?

flamefart.jpg

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Andie,

Not sure about your hiccup, but the TSB does cover a complete tuneup and new coil packs after 75,000 miles (not absolutely sure about the exact mileage), and of course new O2 sensors if they ever fail. Hope this helps.

Gary

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Back