• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strikeforce?

Saturday november 7th live on cbs!
Fedor vs. Rogers
shields vs. Miller
mousasi vs. Sokoudjou
werdum vs. Silva

Fedor might be the Strikeforce champ, but CBS is the commercial champ :mad: Out here on the West Coast they showed about 15 minutes of continuous commercials between the 3rd fight and the last fight. They tried to cram in so many commercials that West Coast viewers missed the two fighters walking to the ring. Congrats to Fedor though. However, I thought that Bigfoot and the MTV guy won their fights .......

Fedor might be the Strikeforce champ, but CBS is the commercial champ :mad: Out here on the West Coast they showed about 15 minutes of continuous commercials between the 3rd fight and the last fight. They tried to cram in so many commercials that West Coast viewers missed the two fighters walking to the ring. Congrats to Fedor though. However, I thought that Bigfoot and the MTV guy won their fights .......

Really? I thought Miller was dominated, I wanted him to win because I had a side bet going with my GF but he didn't do anything and got full mounted like a trained horse.

Fedor landed such a perfect punch but showed why he's among the greatest by working through that cut early on. Rogers is a lot better than people give him credit for. His agility and striking for someone his size is among the top, the Arlovski fight was no fluke. But man, that punch was so spot on and thrown with so much force, I think Rogers must have one helluva chin to not lose consciousness. He took a big shot earlier and recovered like nothing, too.

That long commercial break sucked but I'm not going to complain when I get to watch a good fight for free. There's some good talent in Strikeforce but those commentators were just terrible.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/strikeforceevents/article_3787.shtml

Now it’s time for the MAIN EVENT!

BRETT “THE GRIM” ROGERS VS. FEDOR “THE LAST EMPEROR” EMELIANENKO

Round 1: I’m saddened to report that I’m already hearing chants of “U.S.A, U.S.A”…way to be classy, Chicago. Rogers lands an innocent looking jab, but now Fedor is bleeding heavily from the bridge of the nose. Rogers is pressing Fedor into cage, they separate, and Fedor landed a hellacious left hand that would’ve dropped most men. Fedor and Rogers exchange a barrage of punches, but the round ends with Rogers being the first man to make it into the second round with Fedor since 2006. I give the first round to Fedor even though I don’t think there will be any need to score this fight because there’s no way this is going to a decision.

Round 2: Once again, in a scene straight out of Rocky IV, the fans are chanting “U.S.A.” as if Obama was having a knife fight with Putin with the winner being the undisputed champ of world domination. Rogers is looking more and more confident with each passing second, as he now withstands an onslaught of punches. Rogers backs away from the cage and is actually bouncing around somewhat and looking extremely relaxed. HOLY S***!!! Fedor just unloaded a fight ending right hand to the jaw with 3:17 left in the second round, and just like that Fedor silences his critics again!
I’m now on the lookout for Jean-Claude Van Damme to climb into the cage to give Fedor the creepy “I look like a sexual predator” wink again. Fedor gets molested by Van Damme.

They interviewed Fedor after the fight, and he was nothing but gracious and thanked the fans for all of their support.

Rogers was a different story all together. He blamed the fact that he doubted himself as the reason for the loss, and that if he had thrown his hands more he would’ve won. Not throwing your hands didn’t put you flat on your back, Fedor did. Look Brett, you just got beat by the greatest MMA fighter the world has ever known, show some respect so you don’t come across as a total douche bag with nothing but excuses. You got beat by FEDOR. Everybody gets beat by Fedor. Thank him for humoring you by letting you get in the same ring with him, and then walk away.

"Strikeforce postfight: Fedor says he was never in danger"
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/ca...ight-Fedor-says-he-was-never-i?urn=mma,200887

Last edited:
After the fight all anyone could say is "Fedor vs Lesnar." It may never happen until one of them gets dethroned.:frown:

Great night of fights + free = ftw.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/strikeforceevents/article_3787.shtml

Now it’s time for the MAIN EVENT!

BRETT “THE GRIM” ROGERS VS. FEDOR “THE LAST EMPEROR” EMELIANENKO

Round 1: I’m saddened to report that I’m already hearing chants of “U.S.A, U.S.A”…way to be classy, Chicago. Rogers lands an innocent looking jab, but now Fedor is bleeding heavily from the bridge of the nose. Rogers is pressing Fedor into cage, they separate, and Fedor landed a hellacious left hand that would’ve dropped most men. Fedor and Rogers exchange a barrage of punches, but the round ends with Rogers being the first man to make it into the second round with Fedor since 2006. I give the first round to Fedor even though I don’t think there will be any need to score this fight because there’s no way this is going to a decision.

Round 2: Once again, in a scene straight out of Rocky IV, the fans are chanting “U.S.A.” as if Obama was having a knife fight with Putin with the winner being the undisputed champ of world domination. Rogers is looking more and more confident with each passing second, as he now withstands an onslaught of punches. Rogers backs away from the cage and is actually bouncing around somewhat and looking extremely relaxed. HOLY S***!!! Fedor just unloaded a fight ending right hand to the jaw with 3:17 left in the second round, and just like that Fedor silences his critics again!
I’m now on the lookout for Jean-Claude Van Damme to climb into the cage to give Fedor the creepy “I look like a sexual predator” wink again. Fedor gets molested by Van Damme.

They interviewed Fedor after the fight, and he was nothing but gracious and thanked the fans for all of their support.

Rogers was a different story all together. He blamed the fact that he doubted himself as the reason for the loss, and that if he had thrown his hands more he would’ve won. Not throwing your hands didn’t put you flat on your back, Fedor did. Look Brett, you just got beat by the greatest MMA fighter the world has ever known, show some respect so you don’t come across as a total douche bag with nothing but excuses. You got beat by FEDOR. Everybody gets beat by Fedor. Thank him for humoring you by letting you get in the same ring with him, and then walk away.

"Strikeforce postfight: Fedor says he was never in danger"
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/ca...ight-Fedor-says-he-was-never-i?urn=mma,200887

Honestly... But what do you expect from a chump that was working at a grocery store less than a year ago... No class. Fedor showed why he is the best in the world and thats because he never loses focus and always recovers. I will pay DOUBLE of what UFC is charging for a event not to watch and throw my bottle of water at the TV again with those damn commercials... Thats what i get for watching it for free...

Fedor technically isn't the Strikeforce HW champ actually, although it's without a doubt he's the best they have. He'll likely get the title in his next fight (probably it will be against Werdum) after they strip Overeem of the belt since he won't come defend it (afraid of drug testing anyone!?). I know Fedor commented afterwards that he wasn't ever in trouble, but I still feel he lost the first round and had to be a bit surprised with Rogers landing some good ground and pound, avoiding a couple subs and that first solid, heavy jab. Fedor's armbar attempt while absorbing a couple major shots though shows why he's so impressive.

Werdum overall looked pretty unimpressive with his win over Silva, although I think it was the right decision and he should be credited for bouncing back after coming somewhat close to being finished in the 1st. The Soko/Mousasi fight was decent with Soko looking good early, but Mousasi is just the better fighter and Soko has no gas tank or ground defense. Why wasn't that a title bout though since I never did hear or read any explanation?

Shields undoubtedly won that fight over Miller, but never came close to finishing him. I do get pissed with the fans who were booing throughout the fight. Sure it wasn't a standup slugfest, but Shields pretty much always stayed active working for position and repeatedly mounted and got the back of Miller. He just couldn't land much ground and pound that hurt Miller or get any submissions because Miller's sub defense was solid. Shields was VERY lucky at the end of the third too. If that round were even five seconds longer he would have tapped or been out as that choke was locked up tight.

Overall the fights were decent but I think the production value was TERRIBLE. Maybe it's just me but the whole show felt very uncomfortable and awkward. UFC, WEC & even the HDNet fights of Dream and K-1 are better. All the announcers sucked and although Shamrock knows technique he certainly isn't polished enough to give a cohesive explanation. The ring announcer was boring, rarely did they build any hype by showing the entrances, and the worst was the 15 minutes of commercials. I was like WTF? and actually backed up the DVR to see how long it was since anything of substance happened. Most of the interviews were brutal and especially cutting away the audio from Fedor's interview to look at Roger's while they had to bleep the audio on him that they switched to. You'd think CBS at this point would have figured out how to produce one of these after multiple attempts. It's great to have a free show on national TV but they're not doing anything to help themselves create more interest with lousy production.

It's too bad Fedor is effectively wasting his time in Strikeforce though since they have so few quality opponents for him. After Werdum there's no one really of note (and honestly Werdum isn't a top tier fighter), assuming Overeem doesn't come over and fight. They'd be forced to rematch him with Rogers or Arlovski. Mousasi could be an interesting fight but he's really too small for Fedor and I doubt they would agree to fight each other anyway. Too bad he won't part ways with M-1 Global or give up on the demand of co-promotion so he could sign with the UFC. At least you have guys like Lesnar, Cain, Dos Santos, Mir, and some younger talent that have skills to be somewhat competitive. They also have some name opponents that would draw decently with CroCop, Noguiera & Couture although Mirko looks washed up and Noguiera's been down that road many times before with Fedor.

I just downloaded and watched the fight again. Rogers took a big punch in round 1 then that crushing shot that finished the fight. That punch could be heard throughout the building, it sounded like his jaw broke. Rogers has the toughest chin I've ever seen... Looking forward to him getting into some more slugfests...

arkhamasylumfedor.gif

Please.... Lesnar is a fad. Every time a fighter rises, people start comparing them to Fedor. The problem is that none of those people know jack about MMA. Lesnar doesn't belong in the same zip code, let alone same ring, as Fedor.

He beat a mediocre fighter in Mir, and he barely beat an old guy in Couture. Not only do I think that Fedor can demolish Lesnar with much less effort than he needed for Rogers, I think that Shane Carwin will make minced meat out of Lesnar in one, maybe two rounds. Lesnar only has size to his advantage but he can't punch. He's never thrown one fight ending haymaker. SHane Carwin will just need to land one good punch to take the belt. I can't wait for that fight.

I do wish Lesnar the best in his recovery though.

Please.... Lesnar is a fad. Every time a fighter rises, people start comparing them to Fedor. The problem is that none of those people know jack about MMA. Lesnar doesn't belong in the same zip code, let alone same ring, as Fedor.

He beat a mediocre fighter in Mir, and he barely beat an old guy in Couture. Not only do I think that Fedor can demolish Lesnar with much less effort than he needed for Rogers, I think that Shane Carwin will make minced meat out of Lesnar in one, maybe two rounds. Lesnar only has size to his advantage but he can't punch. He's never thrown one fight ending haymaker. SHane Carwin will just need to land one good punch to take the belt. I can't wait for that fight.

I do wish Lesnar the best in his recovery though.

I would have to disagree w/ you. Honestly Im not a fan of Lesnar but.... iI was front row at the Couture/Lesnar fight and quite frankly I know Fedor will be no competition to Lesnar.

I would have to disagree w/ you. Honestly Im not a fan of Lesnar but.... iI was front row at the Couture/Lesnar fight and quite frankly I know Fedor will be no competition to Lesnar.

That's where I disagree with you, beating Randy Couture is an easy task for any younger fighter. I love the guy but he's too old and on his way out, while Brock is on his way in. Randy's victory over Vera last week was a sham and a gift from the UFC because he didn't deserve it, let alone unanimously. Vera looked much better.

Lesnar is yet to fight a high caliber fighter. He has nothing that Fedor can't counter. He can't throw ko punches which is why he tries to take everything to the ground. He uses his size, which is smart on his part, but Fedor has faced (and beaten) bigger, stronger and heavier fighters than Lesnar. Rogers was probably more of a challenge than Lesnar would be.

Back